Demographics of the Democratic Party in 2046
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:21:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Demographics of the Democratic Party in 2046
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Demographics of the Democratic Party in 2046  (Read 2250 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2016, 05:36:44 PM »

Thirty years from now, what do yo think the Democratic Party will look like? Frankly based on the demographics right now and the racial alignment we're seeing before our very eyes, I get the feeling that the only white males left in the Democratic Party when I'm 51 years old will be gay or some other sort of minority.

I get the feeling that the RNC will continue to look like a Klan rally every election, but the DNC will more closely resemble a Black Lives Matter protest. If politics continues down the path of complete racialization, the next few decades scare me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »

lol
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »

I'm not even going to try to predict what the coalitions will look like in 2046.

Also:
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 12:20:11 PM »

Given that Millenials tend to be more educated and more
likely to identify as working class then previous generations I'd say it looks more like Bernie Sanders. A New Deal type coalition minus the south. The GOP probably is protectionist and nationalistic but somewhat more moderate on social issues then today.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »

Teachers will never vote en masse for Republicans and a sizable chunk of us are white males.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 02:59:13 PM »

I'm hoping for a rural renaissance on the left around that period, but I have no idea what the Democratic Party will look like thirty years from now.  This is a very Atlas thread.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 04:07:36 PM »

Teachers will never vote en masse for Republicans and a sizable chunk of us are white males.
Well the Teachers Unions are aligned with Democrats so thats probably why Teachers wouldn't vote Republican en masse.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »

The other thing is that it seems like every appointment being made within the party are all affirmative action candidates. The vast majority of Obama's nominations to federal judgeships and important cabinet positions were either a racial minority, women, or gay. I frankly don't think we should be sending the message that our party's simply an affirmative action program.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 06:25:23 PM »

The other thing is that it seems like every appointment being made within the party are all affirmative action candidates. The vast majority of Obama's nominations to federal judgeships and important cabinet positions were either a racial minority, women, or gay. I frankly don't think we should be sending the message that our party's simply an affirmative action program.

The vast majority of the population are either a racial minority, women, or LGBT (or a combination thereof). 50% of the population are women, 36.3% of men are part of a racial minority (assuming that racial minorities in the US have a 50/50 gender split, and including white Hispanics - 27.6% not including them), and maybe something like 5% of the population is LGBT.

That means that, depending on how you count white Hispanics, between 68.8 and 73.15 percent of the population is a racial minority, woman, LGBT, or a combination of the above. I'd say that counts as the vast majority of the population.

(Math: 50% women + 18.15% men who are racial minorities + 5% LGBT = 73.15%)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Well the Teachers Unions are aligned with Democrats so thats probably why Teachers wouldn't vote Republican en masse.

Teachers' unions are aligned with Democrats because it doesn't make sense to align with a party that wants to cut your pay and benefits and make your job less secure.

That's like asking why oil companies don't support Democrats.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 11:01:30 PM »

Thirty years from now, what do yo think the Democratic Party will look like? Frankly based on the demographics right now and the racial alignment we're seeing before our very eyes, I get the feeling that the only white males left in the Democratic Party when I'm 51 years old will be gay or some other sort of minority.

I get the feeling that the RNC will continue to look like a Klan rally every election, but the DNC will more closely resemble a Black Lives Matter protest. If politics continues down the path of complete racialization, the next few decades scare me.

The two bolded parts contradict each other:

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 11:50:47 PM »

In a 50-50 election, Democrats will win:

10% of whites
95% of blacks
89% of Hispanics
75% of Asians
73% of Mutants
25% of Robots
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 01:07:39 AM »

In a 50-50 election, Democrats will win:

10% of whites
95% of blacks
89% of Hispanics
75% of Asians
73% of Mutants
25% of Robots

The democratic advantage among mutants, unfortunately, has been slowly slipping.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »

The GOP will nominate a climate change denier to run for Governor of What's Left of Florida.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 05:57:38 AM »

The GOP will nominate a climate change denier to run for Governor of What's Left of Florida.

And he'll win because Florida Democrats will again run a joke candidate.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »

This would be funny if it weren't a distinct possibility... especially if Miami's wiped out.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »

I love Zen Lunatic's phrase 'identify as working-class'. It's so in-your-face, ludicrously New Left.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »

Mostly Robot-Americans , probably.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 02:19:06 AM »

You know what I mean though. There is not one white Democrat left in the House of Representatives in the South, and the only reason there is a single Democrat left in the House from the South is because of Voting Rights Act-mandated minority-majority districts.

Now as for the appointments, it seems as though President Obama has made it his policy that anyone who wants to be appointed to a federal judgeship must be female, or gay, or a racial minority. I'd like to think that when I run for office that my sexuality isn't the sole reason why I have a future in this party.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 05:16:06 AM »

You know what I mean though. There is not one white Democrat left in the House of Representatives in the South, and the only reason there is a single Democrat left in the House from the South is because of Voting Rights Act-mandated minority-majority districts.

Now as for the appointments, it seems as though President Obama has made it his policy that anyone who wants to be appointed to a federal judgeship must be female, or gay, or a racial minority. I'd like to think that when I run for office that my sexuality isn't the sole reason why I have a future in this party.

Who is merrick garland?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 11:50:21 PM »

And because FL will be Safe R without Miami.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »

So he's nominated two highly qualified women and that means he's made gender or race a bar test to be nominated? That's ridiculous, - of course the highest court in the land should reflect the diversity of the land, and there are many qualified candidates from any group in this vast country. What about the 99% of straight, white, Christian males that have been nominated since the country was founded? The fact that other groups are finally being considered, how is that threatening? Also, how do you explain Merrick Garland?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »

Obama still would've carried FL in 2008 without Miami-Dade county.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 01:20:30 AM »

Who is merrick garland?

Garland is quite obviously gay. Wolverine has the real scoop!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 01:42:37 AM »

Obama still would've carried FL in 2008 without Miami-Dade county.

And besides, it's not like people currently in Miami would vanish from the surface of the Earth if the geographical area they live in disappeared.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies