How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: Where you live?
Roughly equal for both Hillary and Trump

More for Hillary

More for Trump

Minimal...maybe 2 or 3 for either so far

More Bernie/Cruz/Rubio/Third Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 150

Author Topic: How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?  (Read 7757 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »

Well we had a Trump canvasser come through my parts yesterday and we have 6 new Trump signs in my neighborhood. One is at the home of the Former Chair of my city's Democratic Party and another is at the home of the head of the police union in town.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »

Well we had a Trump canvasser come through my parts yesterday and we have 6 new Trump signs in my neighborhood. One is at the home of the Former Chair of my city's Democratic Party and another is at the home of the head of the police union in town.

Even for Atlas 2016, this is rather large, steaming pile of nonsense.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »

I was at a nearby suburb the entire day today and saw 0 political signs or stickers over there.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »

Nothing in Dupage county, IL. A couple of Hillary signs in Ottawa county, mi. I really haven't seen any trump signs thank god fingers crossed. I would throw a Hillary sticker on my car but I think my fiancée will be driving my car to her new job and I don't want to draw any political attention to her.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2016, 11:32:33 PM »

Nothing in Dupage county, IL. A couple of Hillary signs in Ottawa county, mi. I really haven't seen any trump signs thank god fingers crossed. I would throw a Hillary sticker on my car but I think my fiancée will be driving my car to her new job and I don't want to draw any political attention to her.
So far in Dupage I've seen some signs for Trump but nothing for Hillary which is literally the opposite of what I expected.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »

Okay, papi, I did see another sign today.  Well, it wasn't a proper yardsign, and it wasn't in a yard but rather in the little grassy berm between the sidewalk and the street, but it contain some political message.  It was one of those cautionary signs warning of pedestrians, but it had been vandalized apparently by a Clinton antagonist, and then re-made by a Trump antagonist.  It looked something like this*:

*not an actual photograph but an image created by angus in Microsoft Paint.

I don't normally approve of vandalism in my neighborhood, and I don't approve of either party's graffito on this sign, but the sign did make me think of this thread.  It also reminded me that this year, much like in 2000 but unlike 2008, no one is really voting for a candidate, but rather against one.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »

I've seen 1 Trump sign, that's it. Seen about 15 Paul Ryan signs and a few Johnson signs.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »

I saw a "CARLY 2016" sticker on a Chevy Trailblazer while coming home from work today. Very strange.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:36 PM »

Extremely minimal for either in suburban Cuyahoga County. Some religious "Jesus for President" signs are the most common; Bernie signs were pretty common here during the primary.

Will be interested to see how much enthusiasm for Clinton/visible support for third parties there is once I return to campus the week after next.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2016, 07:58:28 AM »

It seems as though the most oft-mentioned name is neither of the two major candidates.

There are still a lot of Bernie signs here

I see a ton of Bernie stickers, and one Gary Johnson sign, but that's all.

Lots of Bernie stuff, even in Spokane.

I see cars with Bernie bumper stickers

and that's just page 1 of this thread...

Where I work I saw more Bernie stickers and Bernie signs than anything else as well, even well after the primary they remained, but I haven't been to Millersville in a few weeks.  I'll probably go to my office a few days next week to work on a manuscript, since it's difficult to focus at home.  The building will be empty and the streets will resemble a ghost town for a couple more weeks, but I'll try to remember to look around to see if the signs and stickers suggest that people are still feeling the Bern.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

I haven't seen a single Hillary sign in Illinois.  Still a lot of Bernie stickers, especially on the Northside.  When will they learn?

Driving through Ravenswood, I saw a number of Hillary signs.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »

Lots of Hillary signs and stickers popping out now here.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2016, 03:11:19 PM »

Saw first Hillary bumper stickers this week.  Still haven't seen a single Trump sign/sticker.  Of course, there are still more Bernie stickers than anything else combined.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2016, 03:19:10 PM »

All over Oregon from Portland Area, to Mid-Valley to the Oregon Coast, literally zero lawn signs for any candidate, with the exception of large Bernie billboard by an organic farm off of Hwy 20 "Rural Oregon for Bernie" (Still there as of a month ago).

Bumper stickers, I have seen one Trump bumper sticker on I-5 right at the Stayton turnoff in South Salem, on a beater car with Arizona plates driven by a younger male driver.

Seen two Hillary bumper stickers so far, both in Metro Portland, and I'm over in West Portland where Bernie only won 51% to Hillary's 49% in the primary, despite winning 2:1 in much more heavily populated East Portland. In fact, I've seen more Obama-Biden bumper stickers than Hillary bumper stickers since I moved back to the state.

I can't even count the number of Bernie stickers I've seen throughout the state... but I'm thinking somewhere over 100.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

In the western fringe of Indianapolis there haven't been a lot of years signs, but what few I've seen have been for Trump.

I saw quite a lot of Ben Carson stickers back in January.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2016, 03:41:45 PM »

I saw a sign today where someone took their Bernie sign and it looks like they attached a Hillary "H-Arrow" to it. It was pretty funny.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2016, 03:43:15 PM »

Have seen at least 3 Trump signs, no Clinton ones. One of them is crazy and says 'Impeach Obama' and 'Hillary for Prison' as well.

(yeah, don't take anything away from this)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »

Still not seeing much here in center Austin, but when you do, it's a Hillary or Bernie sign still, probably 60/40 now towards Hillary. Not sure I've seen much of anything else.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2016, 07:49:50 AM »

Have seen at least 3 Trump signs, no Clinton ones. One of them is crazy and says 'Impeach Obama' and 'Hillary for Prison' as well.

(yeah, don't take anything away from this)

NPR Morning Edition interviewed a guy from West Bend who put up a "Hillary for Prison" sign in his yard.  His 80-year-old neighbor screamed at him, and didn't want to see it out their window, but he stills mows her lawn and helps out.  And they're still friends.  Yup, that's the Wisconsin I lived in for 18 years.

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/22/490895567/research-challenges-assumptions-on-why-voters-support-trump
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »

In Madison, for context

still see at least a dozen or so Bernie signs and bumper stickers daily.
Hillary is up to maybe 6 or so, mostly on the east side (based on my commute, have been also seeing more of her bumper stickers.

1 Gary Johnson sign.

1 Jill Stein HOUSE... seriously, just of Willy Street, whole thing is an ode to the ultra-far-left.

1 Trump sign in my neighborhood, adorned with bunting and flags. It went up on Saturday, and on Sunday I noticed that "somehow" a dead possum showed up on the guys lawn... wasn't me, and I'm actually pissed cause my dog almost ate part of it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2016, 08:45:53 AM »

Tiny handful of bumper stickers for Clinton, Bernie, and Johnson.  Zero yard signage.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »

In Madison, for context

still see at least a dozen or so Bernie signs and bumper stickers daily.
Hillary is up to maybe 6 or so, mostly on the east side (based on my commute, have been also seeing more of her bumper stickers.

As we used to say in Mad-town, do you live in the fashionably correct west side or the politically correct east side?

1 Gary Johnson sign.

1 Jill Stein HOUSE... seriously, just of Willy Street, whole thing is an ode to the ultra-far-left.

1 Trump sign in my neighborhood, adorned with bunting and flags. It went up on Saturday, and on Sunday I noticed that "somehow" a dead possum showed up on the guys lawn... wasn't me, and I'm actually pissed cause my dog almost ate part of it.

I'm kind of surprised anyone on Willy Street realizes it's no longer 1969.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »

As we get closer to the election, I've only seen one bumper sticker regularly, and that was a "VOTE LIBERTARIAN" sticker on a big 1990's Chevrolet conversion van. However there's one guy I see walking into Goodwill all the time who looks like he sleeps in a ditch who wears his "Make America Great Again" hat everywhere.

As for me, I have the old 2008 style Hillary sticker:

And this one:

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2016, 08:45:40 PM »

My hometown has Trump yardsigns all over; it seemed to be pretty pro-Trump in the primaries, too.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »

I'm seeing TRUMP signs pop up everywhere now, I also saw a Gary Johnson sign on the way to work today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies