How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:23:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: Where you live?
Roughly equal for both Hillary and Trump

More for Hillary

More for Trump

Minimal...maybe 2 or 3 for either so far

More Bernie/Cruz/Rubio/Third Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 150

Author Topic: How many yardsigns and bumperstickers are you all seeing where you live?  (Read 7826 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »

I'm from Newport Beach, California. 95% of stickers I see are Bernie stickers (yesterday I say one on a Porsche!), and I've only seen one Trump sticker, on the back of a (presumably a car owned by an employee there) car parked outside my local supermarket. Hillary stickers aren't common but I see more of them than any GOP candidate stickers.

Then why you be crampin my avatar style?!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2016, 10:02:17 PM »

I have seen one Hillary Sticker and one Hillary sign compared to dozens of trump signs and a few stickers. I saw one Gary Johnson yard sign and one remaining Bernie yard.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »

Trump signs have been popping up like candy this week!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2016, 10:13:19 PM by heatcharger »

There are still a lot of cars with Obama-Biden bumperstickers, so I guess you can count those people as enthusiastic Democrats. Saw one truck with an "Obama You're an Asshole!" below a bootleg Trump sticker.

As for yardsigns, it's looking very bleak around here for the presidential election. I've seen 2 or 3 Clinton-Kaine yardsigns but that's about it. I've seen about 10 Luann Bennett signs in total as well as around the same amount for Barbara Comstock.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2016, 10:13:48 PM »

I'm seeing TRUMP signs pop up everywhere now, I also saw a Gary Johnson sign on the way to work today.

Same here.

I live in a pretty Republican part of Florida, however.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »

Tie between 2 and 5 (specifically Bernie) over here. Most of the signs are for a State Senate candidate, though.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2016, 01:15:28 PM by Interlocutor »

Drove through Norco yesterday and saw an off-ramp bar with a large sign on the side saying "All aboard the Trump train! Make America Great America". The second Trump sign I've seen this year. Still seeing more Cruz stickers than Trump stickers.

I also saw my first Gary Johnson yard sign today and some lingering Bernie signs in Riverside.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »

Tons of Hillary signs all over the place here.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:13 PM »

I'm seeing TRUMP signs pop up everywhere now, I also saw a Gary Johnson sign on the way to work today.

Same here.

I live in a pretty Republican part of Florida, however.

I'm in a Democratic part of a swing area, it's 60% Hillary signs 38% Trump signs, you go into whiter neighborhoods the more TRUMP signs you see.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2016, 10:21:58 PM »

Trump signs have been popping up like candy this week!

#battlegroundmassachusetts
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2016, 10:28:42 PM »

Nothing in Dupage county, IL. A couple of Hillary signs in Ottawa county, mi. I really haven't seen any trump signs thank god fingers crossed. I would throw a Hillary sticker on my car but I think my fiancée will be driving my car to her new job and I don't want to draw any political attention to her.

DuPage, IL is ground zero for people who hate the two major options, LOL.

Anyway, seeing nothing in Iowa City.  Like literally zero signs.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2016, 10:46:14 PM »

I've seen one sign for Gary Johnson, as well as an SUV with a Tea Party and NRA sticker parked by a house of an old (white) couple, and that's it.  I've ordered a sign from the Hillary Clinton campaign (as well as other items), and I'm still waiting for them.  
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2016, 02:44:13 AM »

Surely it's been said already over the course of 5 pages or so, but campaigns are increasingly moving away from the sign/bumpersticker game in terms of large-scale distribution. They may send supporters/donors a free bumpersticker or offer yard signs for sale on their websites, but other than that...they don't want anything to do with them. Field offices usually have some, of course, but it is usually not enough to genuinely satiate demand and they run out often.

It's my impression that campaigns don't even want to deal with selling this type of merchandise directly unless they're making a large sum through exorbitant fundraising: that is why yard signs from candidates jumped from $5-10 a few years ago to $20 or more on their websites. Another reason for the jump is if you look closely at campaign websites/URLs, you'll see that campaigns aren't even stocking this kind of stuff directly. They're often outsourcing the entire operation to a third-party, who presumably is making tons of money off of it, with the campaign making relatively little but having to invest nothing upfront nor store loads of paraphernalia.

So, if you think back over the past four years or so and are seeing fewer signs and bumperstickers, this is why. Campaigns know they provide minimal benefit (virtually none if you can't out-canvass the s[inks]t out of your opponent), take up space and resources, and are just one big hassle.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2016, 04:28:08 AM »

Bernie is everywhere here, especially in the whiter neighborhoods...but Hilldawg's popped up quite a bit more since the primary.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2016, 08:19:12 AM »

I saw a reelect Carter-Mondale sticker yesterday
skoods
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2016, 12:39:58 PM »

After someone smashed my car window in 2012 for having a "Support Love" equality sticker on my car, I'll never do it again. Especially with how crazy trump supporters are. No thanks.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

I finally saw a Hillary sticker in my hometown on a car that wasn't my own! There used to be a van around here that had a Republicans For Obama sticker.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »

I witnessed some serious signage today!  I still don't see any yardsigns within a mile or so of my crib, but I got out into the country a little today.  My son's TKD grand master has them meeting saturdays for the next 8 weeks at a location in the styx, about 35 minutes from here in another county--It's for black belt training.  I knew this day was coming and dread the weekly drive.  I think he must live over there somewhere because it's not a town you'd stumble upon cruising about.  He's actually an interesting guy.  While they were practicing back kicks, he and I had a fairly lengthy discussion about the second amendment.  "Hey man, when you see black people shooting at cops, they're just exercising their 2nd-amendment rights.  The cops represent a government gone awry, which is exactly what the Founders were talking about when they said that the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed.  Maybe they're misinterpreting, or maybe a judge would interpret differently, but they're just exercising their second-amendment rights in exactly the way the Founders intended..."  That sort of thing.  I was taken aback at his thoughtfulness, although I'm not sure I totally agree.

Anyway, as I passed through one particular township of about 3500 people on a small state highway in a county just west of the one in which I live, I came upon block after block of campaign yardsigns.  They all had only one word:  TRUMP.  The whole town was maybe nine by four blocks of old but sturdy housing stock, surrounded by pastureland, and we decided to tour it on the way home.  Neatly-manicured lawns and crumbling sidewalks, many adjacent to campaign yardsigns.   I started counting them but I lost count after eleven.  Apparently that particular township is not "shy Trump" country.  I don't think I've ever seen such a high density of political signs, and they were all for one candidate.

Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2016, 08:26:48 PM »

I've been seeing a lot of Hillary bumper stickers lately, and of course there's still a lot of Bernie stickers around. A handful of Trump signs, but those have been there since the primary. I also saw a Romney Ryan bumper sticker a couple days ago.
DS0816
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »

I pay no attention to people advertising their political preference with signs on, say, their front lawn.

They don’t sway people’s vote. They inspire just one feeling—derision.

(Tasteless *s*.)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »

Nothing for clinton.  One homemade Trump sign.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »

I was in Vermont yesterday. All Republican signs for some reason.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »

Trump or Phil Scott...?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »

Trump or Phil Scott...?

Trump, Scott, Milne. No Clinton, Minter, or Leahy.

And it was in a pretty Democratic area, even at the state level. I think Republicans use lawn signs more for some reason.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2016, 10:51:22 AM »

Trump or Phil Scott...?

Trump, Scott, Milne. No Clinton, Minter, or Leahy.

And it was in a pretty Democratic area, even at the state level. I think Republicans use lawn signs more for some reason.

I'd guess it's an age thing - in Vermont especially, I'll bet the age gap between the parties is huge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies