That didn't take long... Trump leaks top-secret intel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:39:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  That didn't take long... Trump leaks top-secret intel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: That didn't take long... Trump leaks top-secret intel?  (Read 5723 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2016, 11:31:25 AM by Likely Voter »

That didn't take long... Trump leaks top-secret intel.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/29/breaking-hours-after-first-intelligence-briefing-trump-likely-leaked-classified-secrets/

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:38:14 PM »

This sure looks like carelessness and recklessness. He should be in big trouble for this, but he'll get a pass because the government does not want to reprimand someone currently running for President, because the optics would look bad.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:40:36 PM »

I'm going to wait until a major outlet reports this, but if this is true... wow!

This sure looks like carelessness and recklessness. He should be in big trouble for this, but he'll get a pass because the government does not want to reprimand someone currently running for President, because the optics would look bad.

Well, he should at least get called out as loudly as Clinton did earlier in the month.

And not be allowed any further briefings.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:41:22 PM »

I am so ashamed of this country for nominating this fool.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »

For those not wanting to read the article, he apparently talked about a US military base in Saudi Arabia that doesn't exist. Or, if it does, its existence is classified.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:47 PM »

LOL! What hacks! Bipartisan report my ass.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 12:12:27 AM »

well this seems to stem from Trump's event today, as reported here...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

However, in 2013 the NYT and the WaPo reported that the US has a secret drone base. The WaPo at the time said they had an agreement with the government to not reveal that info but the NYT broke the agreement. But it has never been officially confirmed.

So either Trump accidentally confirmed something revealed to him, or possibly he was confusing it with a base in another country. 

Beyond all of that, it again shows how Trump views everything in simple transnational and financial terms. Just like his comments about NATO and how we should only help countries that have paid their full dues. Or about S. Korea and Japan paying for protection. Or even the fairness of trade deals. The world is more complex than simply, who is paying what. There are other values to stability and trade and diplomacy. Geopolitics isn't all about getting a great deal and if not then walking away from the table.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:15 AM »

You literally have no shame whatsoever, do you?

Give ONE cogent reason this isn't 100X worse than Hillary periodically using a private server without full firewall protection?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:36 AM »

LOCK HIM UP!
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 12:22:31 AM »

Imagine if he working with Putin, and this is his way of leaking info to him. Could be less risky than trying to secretly message him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 12:31:22 AM »

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:42 AM »

By the way, the reason Trump may have had Saudi Arabia on his mind is because in the last day he has been trading attacks with a Saudi Prince, who burned him on how he had to bail Trump out a couple of times.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/29/donald-trump-saudi-prince/

So again this might be another case where his thin-skin made him lash out. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 12:43:46 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 12:45:53 AM by Beet »

By the way, the reason Trump may have had Saudi Arabia on his mind is because in the last day he has been trading attacks with a Saudi Prince, who burned him on how he had to bail Trump out a couple of times.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/29/donald-trump-saudi-prince/

So again this might be another case where his thin-skin made him lash out.  

The other disturbing part is how he tried to smear Megyn Kelly, undoubtedly for asking him tough questions.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 01:09:25 AM »

I'm going to wait until a major outlet reports this, but if this is true... wow!

The part about him whining about a base in Saudi Arabia is in the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/29/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-hits-back-at-controversies

Either he's a lying idiot, or he's a treasonous lying idiot.

The Republicans should dissolve their party in shame for nominating him.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 01:23:35 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 01:52:22 AM by Seriously? »

If having a US base in Saudi Arabia is supposed to be classified, why can I do a simple Google Search and come up with an active US base at Eskan Village?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/eskan-village.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskan_Village
http://militarybases.co/directory/eskan-village-air-force-base-in-riyadh-saudi-arabia/

Here's the training manual for the base. FROM THE MILITARY ITSELF.

http://usmtm.org/docs/USMTM_Welcome_Packet3.pdf

I am sure if go through the DOD line items, I could find the payment to the Saudis if I really wanted to. This is "bipartisan" hackery.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 01:35:57 AM »

First of all,

Second,
http://reverbpress.com/politics/trump-may-have-just-leaked-a-huge-intelligence-secret-only-hours-after-his-first-briefing/

This hackery is already getting retracted.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 01:55:01 AM »

Trump leaking classified information isn't hackery, it's treasonous. There's usually a very good reason why some information is classified and he's being a dumbass for saying something like that.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 02:03:04 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 02:12:20 AM by Seriously? »

Trump leaking classified information isn't hackery, it's treasonous. There's usually a very good reason why some information is classified and he's being a dumbass for saying something like that.
What part of the information allegedly "leaked" by Trump is classified?

There IS a US base in Saudi Arabia. It's not top secret. If it were, I wouldn't have been able to pull up a TRAINING MANUAL from the MILITARY.

Further, I am sure there's got to be a lease for the base and evidence of payments in the PUBLIC RECORD. Why? This is not a clandestine base. It's openly operated by the military to primarily train the Saudis and as a staging ground and coordination point of the Patriot Missiles defending Saudi Arabia. I doubt what we pay Saudi Arabia on the land is classified. As such, it's probably a line item in the DOD budget somewhere.

This kind of hackery is dangerous.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 02:10:50 AM »

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 02:14:01 AM »

Here's the final nail in the coffin... Intelligence briefings HAVE NOT BEGUN YET.

http://time.com/4431651/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-campaign-intelligence-briefings/

This thread should be nuked.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 02:20:18 AM »

You literally have no shame whatsoever, do you?

Give ONE cogent reason this isn't 100X worse than Hillary periodically using a private server without full firewall protection?
Because the "report" is grounded in anything other than reality.
  • An openly functional non-clandestine U.S. Base exists there.
  • Trump's intelligence briefings haven't even begun yet.

Hackery!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:01 AM »

There IS a US base in Saudi Arabia. It's not top secret. If it were, I wouldn't have been able to pull up a TRAINING MANUAL from the MILITARY.

Further, I am sure there's got to be a lease for the base and evidence of payments in the PUBLIC RECORD. Why? This is not a clandestine base. It's openly operated by the military to primarily train the Saudis and as a staging ground and coordination point of the Patriot Missiles defending Saudi Arabia. I doubt what we pay Saudi Arabia on the land is classified. As such, it's probably a line item in the DOD budget somewhere.

Protip: you should read your sources before actually using them

The US Military Training Mission isn't a base, it's a program operated by the US military at several Saudi military bases and facilities. The US doesn't pay the Saudis to run the mission
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 02:31:00 AM »

"This kind of hackery is dangerous" Sure you can go make the argument that Donald Trump didn't leak classified information but I'm going to work to make sure that he never becomes President because I don't want someone as thin skinned as he is having access to even more classified information and to kind of important things like the codes to launching nuclear weapons. Unbelievable "this kind of hackery is dangerous" I cannot believe this man is this close to being President of the United States.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 02:37:33 AM »

Protip: you should read your sources before actually using them

The US Military Training Mission isn't a base, it's a program operated by the US military at several Saudi military bases and facilities. The US doesn't pay the Saudis to run the mission
I guess you neglected to read pages 28-33 of the document, which delineates that housing for the military is at the Eskan Village base.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 02:37:34 AM »

That's rich...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies