Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:08:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread  (Read 10585 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »

Ben Carson is back and as embarrassing as ever....

Olivia Nuzzi ‏@Olivianuzzi  9m9 minutes ago
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/760886747098128384
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2016, 12:38:08 PM by Sbane »

I wonder who I would have to be, or what I would have to do to be in a position where NOTHING I would say would be subject to critical feedback. 

That's become the issue for me.  The idea that this man, Khzir Khan, achieves the right to not be responded to when he makes a blatantly political speech. 

I'll grant people that Trump was way over the top in his initial response.  I would not have responded as Trump did if I were the candidate.  I've made that clear.  I guess that I'm going to have to accept that most of America has a double standard in favor of Khzir Khan.  He's not to be criticized.  Everything he says must be received uncritically.  If only I could be so special.

I'm sorry.  I will comply.

Got it!

All Trump would have to say (and he really didn't have to respond) is that I honor Captain Khan and his family's sacrifice but I disagree with their characterization of me. That would have been the end of it. If he hadn't even responded, no one would have even remembered Captain Khan's parents.

Stepping beyond the Islamaphobia for a second, this shows how Trump is utterly incapable of being President. Even if you don't think bigotry is a problem, at least you will care whether or not the President we elect is capable of doing the job. If he can't bite his tongue against a gold star family, how is he going to handle himself when he is on the world stage? How do you think the Cuban missile crisis would have ended with him as President? China is showing aggression all the time in the South China Sea. Will an aggressive maneuver by a Chinese warship escalate to a nuclear war in a Trump presidency?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »

I wonder if Fuzzy is ever going to acknowledge that he's fighting a strawman that only exists in his mind. It's a pretty fascinating performance he's putting on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies