Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:59:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread  (Read 10622 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: July 30, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »

Has to a first time that a gold star family has ever had to issue a statement like this during a presidential election...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/marykbruce/status/759535011477483520

Sorry, Mr. Khan, but you're full of crap.  When you take your Gold Star Family status into the partisan political arena, you cannot reasonably expect to be reacted to in a deferential and uncritical manner.  

The condition of Muslim women is a worldwide Human Rights issue.  This is neither a secret, nor poorly documented.  Trump gets under people's skins because he exposes hypocrisy after hypocrisy, and one hypocrisy this has exposed is the alliance between Sharia Law advocates and the Feminist Left within the Democratic Party.  The Feminist/Misoginyst alliance here is one of the ways the Democrats play "The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend".  

Oh, I see, you've gone off the cliff too.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 08:59:35 AM »

So what would have been an appropriate response to Mr. Khan's partisan political statements from a National Party's podium?

"Oh yes, Mr. Khan.  You're entirely correct!  You're a world class FF and I'm the biggest HP that ever walked the Earth, and I'm conceding the election to Hillary right now, because she's the REAL FF in this race."

Would that work? 

Personally, I believe that, whoever you are, if you are a speaker at the nominating convention of a political party, you have opened yourself up to criticism, and you ought to man up and deal with it.  If you snarl back, that's OK, but the "How dare you!" insults the idea of free discourse more than anything Trump has said.

You know damn well what the appropriate response to that would be. But you're not Trump, who doesn't and is MAKING IT WORSE. You really don't seem to GET why the Khan's are speaking, let alone realising that Trump's egotistical inability to LEAVE ANYTHING BE, is why this is getting worse.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »

Here comes Trump's trash, launching their gutter attacks on Mr. Kahn...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/759941783098761216

Ah that delusional old dear.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:19:48 AM »

It's absurd that they keep harping on this. No tact at all.

His son was a US Military Veteran killed in action.

Stop, you cant win.

You couldn't find a more perfect foil for Trump.  A muslim immigrant who's also a Harvard-educated lawyer and a gold star parent?  He's invincible, razor-sharp, and embodies the fundamental good Trump would eradicate from the nation if elected.  The only thing better would be if Khizr himself was a war hero or something.

This really is just self-inflicted at this point. There was a way to handle this gracefully and with respect, Trump seems utterly incapable of NOT responding. One of Clinton's most effective lines was about him being so easily triggered and goaded... and well, she's clearly right.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »

Clinton is also staying out of it smartly to let Trump's continual own-goals and the denunciation of  normally a-political groups and his own party to do the work. She doesn't need to get into the mud on this.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 04:11:49 AM »

yeah how dare someone give people a vigorous defense in a court of law.

You guys really have nothing on Khizir Khan and instead of being decent human beings and apologizing the first time you keep trying to dig up fake dirt on him. It's pretty embarrassing.

I have no problem with him being a lawyer.  Or an immigration lawyer.  I've not said he's unethical in any way.  But Trump's proposed policies do have the potential to impact his practice, and impact his clients. 

I've only posted Mr. Khan's own website.  Is that "dirt"?

He's a political surrogate.  What I won't do is let him have it both ways.

Are you f***ing kidding me?

You're beyond help.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »

I wonder who I would have to be, or what I would have to do to be in a position where NOTHING I would say would be subject to critical feedback. 

That's become the issue for me.  The idea that this man, Khzir Khan, achieves the right to not be responded to when he makes a blatantly political speech. 

I'll grant people that Trump was way over the top in his initial response.  I would not have responded as Trump did if I were the candidate.  I've made that clear.  I guess that I'm going to have to accept that most of America has a double standard in favor of Khzir Khan.  He's not to be criticized.  Everything he says must be received uncritically.  If only I could be so special.

I'm sorry.  I will comply.

Got it!

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

You're being called out for spouting utter bulls***. He has the right to be heard, and he's put himself out there and so there's also a right to rebuttal. But, you've not only decided to take the Trumpist route by completely missing his point about sacrifice and suggested he's only in it for himself.

It's a classless, graceless approach and I did think you were better than that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies