Are you a member of a union? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:22:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you a member of a union? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Are you a member of a union?  (Read 929 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 31, 2016, 07:14:19 AM »

For a few months when I was 16 I was in a union.  Made minimum wage, $4.75/hr, and they still took there percentage so I made LESS than minimum wage....thanks union!  Not sure what for.

My dad was in a union for 20 some odd years.  They went on strike once (well they went on strike a lot, but I'm just talking about the last time here), they needed another raise, didn't really deserve it.  They were doing monkey work, slightly dangerous, but still monkey work.  The company said "it ain't happening, get back to work or we're closing down and moving to Ohio".  The union called their bluff.....'cept it wasn't a bluff.  Dad was 50something and jobless in a sh**t economy with no skills.  He did get some of his pension...a little more than 100k which they didn't spend but properly invested so they are doing alright.  A lot of guys my dad worked with didn't end up so lucky.  Thanks union!  Not sure what for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies