How would you have voted? - South Africa (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:55:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you have voted? - South Africa (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you have voted? - South Africa  (Read 2499 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »
« edited: August 01, 2016, 02:30:07 AM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

1977: Progressive Federal Party
1981: Progressive Federal Party
1987: Progressive Federal Party

1989: Democratic Party
1994: African National Congress
1999: Democratic Party
2004: Democratic Party
2009: Democratic Alliance
2014: Democratic Alliance

I'm not really knowledgeable about SA politics, but I would vote for the anti-apartheid parties from 1977-1989 and would vote for Mandela and ANC in 1994. Since than I'd be a reliable vote AGAINST the ANC and its corrupt mess.

1999-2004 would've been easy elections, as I really like Tony Leon, from what I read about him.

2009 and 2014 would be increasingly reluctant votes for the DA.

Another country where I'd find it difficult to fit in politically, but certainly less problematic than some other ones.

EDIT: Also, want to just say, I am so proud of the role South African Jews had in the anti-apartheid movement (Helen Suzman, Harry Schwarz, Jules Browde, Tony Leon, etc...). Its an utter shame that the ANC has spinned enough lies to turn the political establishment against Jews and Israel.

I really hope, one day, that SA will be able to have an actual, unbiased view of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »

1977: Progressive Federal Party
1981: Progressive Federal Party
1987: Progressive Federal Party

1989: Democratic Party
1994: African National Congress
1999: Democratic Party
2004: Democratic Party
2009: Democratic Alliance
2014: Democratic Alliance

I'm not really knowledgeable about SA politics, but I would vote for the anti-apartheid parties from 1977-1989 and would vote for Mandela and ANC in 1994. Since than I'd be a reliable vote AGAINST the ANC and its corrupt mess.

1999-2004 would've been easy elections, as I really like Tony Leon, from what I read about him.

2009 and 2014 would be increasingly reluctant votes for the DA.

Another country where I'd find it difficult to fit in politically, but certainly less problematic than some other ones.

EDIT: Also, want to just say, I am so proud of the role South African Jews had in the anti-apartheid movement (Helen Suzman, Harry Schwarz, Jules Browde, Tony Leon, etc...). Its an utter shame that the ANC has spinned enough lies to turn the political establishment against Jews and Israel.

I really hope, one day, that SA will be able to have an actual, unbiased view of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.

Pretty much this, will make a proper list tomorrow. Though I have to say- while I understand the necessity of it, I feel some shame for Israel's cooperation with the apartheid regime.

I agree. Of course, Israel wasn't the only country that did so, but it just shows how the world as a whole is vulnerable to making very awful decisions sometimes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies