Stein fails to make ballot in GA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:46:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Stein fails to make ballot in GA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Stein fails to make ballot in GA  (Read 2253 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
« edited: August 16, 2016, 05:45:18 PM by heatcharger »

It's officially August 1st folks, and according to http://www.jill2016.com/ballot_access, she didn't get enough signatures to appear on the ballot in key states like Missouri and Pennsylvania.

I could be wrong, but if she had the signatures she needed, she would've updated her website.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:07:11 PM »

HAHAHAHA!

This is hilariously ironic considering how much attention whoring Stein was doing in Philly. Yet she couldn't even get 5,000 signatures from the hippies? Probably because most of them were out of state. What a low energy loser and extremely incompetent campaign!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »

Uh, guys, she wouldn't be updating her website because it's past midnight on the east coast. She has better things to do than constantly update. It's very possible she's just waiting until an actual business day, or for official notification from the state of Pennsylvania/Nebraska/Missouri/Kansas to update that map. The libertarians still have PA as "in process" too.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:21:44 PM »

She has better things to do than constantly update.

I sincerely doubt that.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »

I'd give it some time, but I would be rather surprised if she couldn't get on the ballot in PA. She was on it in 2012, and she has gotten on more challenging ballots.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

Uh, guys, she wouldn't be updating her website because it's past midnight on the east coast. She has better things to do than constantly update. It's very possible she's just waiting until an actual business day, or for official notification from the state of Pennsylvania/Nebraska/Missouri/Kansas to update that map. The libertarians still have PA as "in process" too.

Well I said I could be wrong, and I was premature about MO, as they have submitted the signatures needed to the Sec. of State, but I haven't found anything on the other three states.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 11:38:02 PM »

Surely she has a webmaster that is in charge of this?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 11:40:03 PM »

Was it a matter of getting on the ballot period or a matter of getting on the ballot as a Green Party candidate?

A lot of third party candidates will run as independent or write-in candidates in states where their party doesn't have ballot access.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »

Well I said I could be wrong, and I was premature about MO, as they have submitted the signatures needed to the Sec. of State, but I haven't found anything on the other three states.

Well, the deadline is August 1st, not July 31st, right? She can submit the signatures before the close of business today (August 1st), right?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:31:58 AM »

Thank you Jesus!!! Her attempt to get some attention from the Bernie Bros has failed in a key state along with the other two that she probably doesn't care about.

Were the Bernie holdouts willing to vote for her anyway? Nope. They're just going to stay at home on November 8th and smoke the weed that Bernie wanted to legalize illegally (Not that I don't admire Mary Jane) no matter what candidates were on the ticket.

Give it up Jill. Your teeth are more crooked than the misconceptions of Hillary.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 12:32:02 AM »

Well, the deadline is August 1st, not July 31st, right? She can submit the signatures before the close of business today (August 1st), right?
That would seem to make sense since August 1st is a business day and July 31st is not.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »

ks ne pa not necesary, only need nc fl ny ca for 272 friewal

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 12:35:54 AM »

Some fairly good news for Hillary in Pennsylvania, certainly. I don't think Stein is as much as a threat unless she manages to snag a big Bernie surrogate (like Nina Turner, basically) on the ticket, and even then, she's looking at 0.87% instead of 0.47%.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 01:04:18 AM »

Not sure about this.

Some deadlines are August 1, which is today and the states usually take a while to verify the signatures, so we won't know for a week or so if they are on the ballot there or not.

PA should be doable, because they only need 5.000 signatures.

KS on the other hand also had 5.000 signatures and it's a much smaller, more conservative state.

MO even has 10.000 signatures, another tough state.
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 04:02:46 AM »

It's officially August 1st folks, and according to http://www.jill2016.com/ballot_access, she didn't get enough signatures to appear on the ballot in key states like Missouri and Pennsylvania.

I could be wrong, but if she had the signatures she needed, she would've updated her website.

Stein collected 10,000 signatures in NC.

http://www.jill2016.com/north_carolina_ballot_access

I'm 95% sure she will make it (Collect 5,000 signatures in PA).

StatesPoll
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 04:12:28 AM »

Some fairly good news for Hillary in Pennsylvania, certainly. I don't think Stein is as much as a threat unless she manages to snag a big Bernie surrogate (like Nina Turner, basically) on the ticket, and even then, she's looking at 0.87% instead of 0.47%.

if she make a good campaign.(Bernie or Bust and Philly Liberals) She can hit 10% in Philadelphia.
(Then already 65000 votes. which are 1.14% of Entire PA)

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 04:33:48 AM »

if she make a good campaign.(Bernie or Bust and Philly Liberals) She can hit 10% in Philadelphia.

This may be your dumbest post yet. And considering the source, that's really saying something.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 07:53:41 AM »

Just stating what I've read, they still have to wait for the challenge period to be over which is the 8th. Pennsylvania submitted 22,000 signatures or something. They should be fine
amdcpus
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 08:11:56 AM »

The Greens should be thanking the Libertarians so much because the only reason the signatures needed in PA dropped to 5000 from 25000 this year is because of the Libertarians lawsuit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 02:15:15 PM »

This thread should be locked if not deleted, none of this is official.
uti2

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »

This thread should be locked if not deleted, none of this is official.

Title should be changed, she announced she officially made the ballot today:

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2016/08/01/green-party-gains-ballot-access-six-more-states-signature-counts-more-double
StatesPoll
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 09:13:53 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2016, 09:15:27 PM by StatesPoll »

Sorry it seems she made it(When she submitted Petitions in previous states, she always made it.) Wink

Pennsylvania (Petitions submitted July 29. Awaiting notice from the state.)
Kansas (Petitions submitted August 1. Awaiting notice from the state.)
Nebraska (Petitions submitted August 1. Awaiting notice from the state.)

http://www.jill2016.com/ballot_access
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »

Thank you Jesus!!! Her attempt to get some attention from the Bernie Bros has failed in a key state along with the other two that she probably doesn't care about.

Were the Bernie holdouts willing to vote for her anyway? Nope. They're just going to stay at home on November 8th and smoke the weed that Bernie wanted to legalize illegally (Not that I don't admire Mary Jane) no matter what candidates were on the ticket.

Give it up Jill. Your teeth are more crooked than the misconceptions of Hillary.

Watch your mouth.  DEA adds drugs to Schedule I all the time.  Can't remove too?  Worth a try in Court.  You are smug.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »

This may be your dumbest post yet. And considering the source, that's really saying something.

The best part is Sanders only got 129,353 votes in Philadelphia in the primary. He's literally predicting more than half of Sanders supporters vote for that loony woman.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:51 AM »

Did they try contacting the PA GOP for help? They usually jump at the chance of getting a Green on the ballot in PA.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies