Vote for the next ruler of Westeros! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:39:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Vote for the next ruler of Westeros! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote for the next ruler of Westeros!  (Read 1944 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:44 AM »

As a Stark loyalist, I'd very much like to vote for Sansa (especially knowing that Jon has Targaryen blood... eww), but if she actually associates with the scum who betrayed Ned she'll have forfeited any dynastic right. So Jon I guess.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »

Snow, though Balish does seem like the socially liberal, fiscally conservative™ option. Wink

Littlefinger is basically one of those "nice guys" who spends his days on reddit whining about how all women are superficial, heartless bitches.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:01 AM »

To be fair to Sansa, she's a traumatized teenage girl and he's a creepy pimp who's blatantly grooming her.

Of course, and besides, she's not even supposed to know the role Littlefinger played in Ned's death. Still, I really hope she's grown smart enough to know who to trust (read: I really hope the screenwriters won't decide to derail her character yet again as they did in season 5 just for the sake of another SHOCKING twist... faint hope, I know).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »

To be fair to Sansa, she's a traumatized teenage girl and he's a creepy pimp who's blatantly grooming her.

Of course, and besides, she's not even supposed to know the role Littlefinger played in Ned's death. Still, I really hope she's grown smart enough to know who to trust (read: I really hope the screenwriters won't decide to derail her character yet again as they did in season 5 just for the sake of another SHOCKING twist... faint hope, I know).

They didn't derail her character in season five.  Season six OTOH...

What are you talking about? Yeah, I don't really understand why she didn't tell Jon about the Vale army, but that's excusable IMO. Certainly more so than the utter nonsense of the Winterfell plot in season 5.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 04:54:07 AM »

They didn't derail her character in season five.  Season six OTOH...

What are you talking about? Yeah, I don't really understand why she didn't tell Jon about the Vale army, but that's excusable IMO. Certainly more so than the utter nonsense of the Winterfell plot in season 5.

The Winterfell plot made perfect sense and was nowhere near as graphic or bad as what happens in the books.  What did you think Ramsay was going to do on his wedding night?  The same thing as Tyrion? 

Sansa's whole arc in season six made no sense because literally no groundwork was laid for such a complete 180 in her depiction/characterization.  Her season six arc was muddled, poorly written, and to be blunt, pretty stupid imo. 

The point is that Sansa by the end of season 4 was smart enough to know all that and thus would never have followed along Littlefinger's stupid idea (and she also knew she couldn't quite trust Littlefinger). In season 5 her character regresses to what it was around seasons 1/2. She does an 180° in season 6 in order to rectify that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 05:42:15 AM »

She had plenty of choice. She could have stayed in the Vale and spill the beans on Littlefinger to have him executed if he tried anything.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 02:21:21 AM »

I hardly think it's 'happily ever after storytelling' to have Sansa holed up in the Vale indefinitely, more or less safe but away from home and lonely, but maybe that's just me. Also, that's...that's literally Sansa's current position in the books, minus having Littlefinger executed (which would be so satisfying after everything he'd at that point already done to her father, and her mother, and her, but again, maybe that's just me). Littlefinger is simply not an interesting character. His continued presence is a drag in both the books and the show.

Indeed, it seemed to me that there was a lot to be done in the Vale. I don't know how the book goes, but the show never actually bothered to create an actual intrigue centered there - which, in the situation following Lysa's death, could have been very interesting. You had at least three people (Royce, Littlefinger, and yes, Sansa herself) contending for influence over a fragile and unbalanced child ruler. I thought the point of late season 4 was precisely that Sansa was starting to become more politically savvy, developing some of Margaery's traits (while still remaining a Stark, of course). Season 5 undoes all this character development for the sake of having her be emotionally and physically broken by a sadistic monster yet again. What the hell did that bring to her character OR to the general narrative?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 04:41:39 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I actually agree with this, but I know plenty of people who don't and am not sure Antonio would.

Oh, the Dorne storyline was awful in the show. I have no idea how it went in the books, but I guess it can only be better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies