Vote for the next ruler of Westeros! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:24:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Vote for the next ruler of Westeros! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote for the next ruler of Westeros!  (Read 1940 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 04, 2016, 01:35:04 AM »
« edited: August 04, 2016, 01:36:38 AM by Jet fuel can't melt dank memes »

Write-in: Lady Stoneheart/Margaery Tyrell. (Margaery alive in books. Margaery making album of books. Fast rap Margaery books.)

Of these options, Jon/Lyanna.

As a Stark loyalist, I'd very much like to vote for Sansa (especially knowing that Jon has Targaryen blood... eww), but if she actually associates with the scum who betrayed Ned she'll have forfeited any dynastic right. So Jon I guess.

To be fair to Sansa, she's a traumatized teenage girl and he's a creepy pimp who's blatantly grooming her.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »

I hardly think it's 'happily ever after storytelling' to have Sansa holed up in the Vale indefinitely, more or less safe but away from home and lonely, but maybe that's just me. Also, that's...that's literally Sansa's current position in the books, minus having Littlefinger executed (which would be so satisfying after everything he'd at that point already done to her father, and her mother, and her, but again, maybe that's just me). Littlefinger is simply not an interesting character. His continued presence is a drag in both the books and the show.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:16:03 AM »

Also the stuff with Sansa in season 5 had to happen for Theon to break from the Reek identity.

True or not (and in my reading of the storyline it's not), that's a pretty depressing extrinsic purpose to use a female character for. (Which, granted, is a sentiment that could apply to so, so much in both the books and the show.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I actually agree with this, but I know plenty of people who don't and am not sure Antonio would.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies