Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:09:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him  (Read 1671 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-republican-leaders-trump_us_57a0c0b6e4b0693164c2aa76?section=&
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:48:27 PM »

Trolled-in-chief strikes again
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:03:29 PM »

Well, he's completely right.  I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues, but Trump is starting to transcend political ideology.  He's saying things that are just downright mean and offensive, and there has to be a point where - if he crosses a certain line - there's no way a thinking, compassionate, tolerant Republican can continue to be okay with him speaking for our party.  For me, that point came long ago, but I'm legitimately scared that for people like Seriously? and Ljube there's not anything that Trump could say or do to lose their support, and that's literally cultish.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:31 PM »

Smart move on his part. If Trump was to be dropped from the ticket, it'd be a lot harder to do now.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

Smart move on his part. If Trump was to be dropped from the ticket, it'd be a lot harder to do now.
How would such a thing, theoretically, be accomplished?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »

Well, he's completely right.  I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues, but Trump is starting to transcend political ideology.  He's saying things that are just downright mean and offensive, and there has to be a point where - if he crosses a certain line - there's no way a thinking, compassionate, tolerant Republican can continue to be okay with him speaking for our party.  For me, that point came long ago, but I'm legitimately scared that for people like Seriously? and Ljube there's not anything that Trump could say or do to lose their support, and that's literally cultish.

Then why haven't more Republicans disavowed him? If "real" Republicans hate Trump, then there should be no fear of electoral consequences from explicitly rejecting him. Other than Mark Kirk, no Republican who is participating in any kind of an election this year has dared to pull rank.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

Republicans should never have nominated him, but the die has been cast. I don't think they could get away with pulling him off the ticket, by this point.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »

Trump has no self-awareness.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/283019-cuban-trump-has-no-self-awareness
cwt

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 08:00:55 PM »

Supposedly, Trump is willing to step down if he gets offered a big enough pay-out.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 08:10:35 PM »

And if Republicans were to do it, it wouldn't be because of anything Obama said.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 08:24:27 PM by Mehmentum »

Supposedly, Trump is willing to step down if he gets offered a big enough pay-out.
Haha, okay.  Color me skeptical.  Trump's ego wouldn't allow it, and the GOP is too disorganized to pull it off.

Um, but even then, how would his replacement be chosen?  Would it just be Pence?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »

The worst President since Jimmy Carter thinks he knows what's best for the GOP. Mind your own business, Obama.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 08:20:21 PM »

The worst President since Jimmy Carter thinks he knows what's best for the GOP. Mind your own business, Obama.

Somebody needs to try and do a reality check on the GOP. They've gone off the deep end.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 08:21:44 PM »

Somebody needs to try and do a reality check on the GOP. They've gone off the deep end.
Yeah, because listening to the opposition and overthrowing your popularly elected nominee is the wise thing to ever do.

Give me a break. Extremely un-Presidential.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »

Worst President since Jimmy Carter curb stomp the GOP twice.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »

Then why haven't more Republicans disavowed him? If "real" Republicans hate Trump, then there should be no fear of electoral consequences from explicitly rejecting him. Other than Mark Kirk, no Republican who is participating in any kind of an election this year has dared to pull rank.

You always have this annoying as hell "gotcha" tone.  I never said that real Republicans hate him, and I even voiced my frustration and confusion why more Republicans haven't refused to endorse.  Despite your strange fixated idea that every Republican everywhere must match lockstep with pride or someone should quit the party, I am not responsible for any Republican but myself.  And I'm not voting for Donald Trump.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »

He's completely right.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 09:26:06 PM »

Cite? even of rumors? seriously , I'm interested .
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »

There's no legitimate argument against what Obama said here.   He's completely correct.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 09:55:15 PM by hermit »

Yeah, because listening to the opposition and overthrowing your popularly elected nominee is the wise thing to ever do.

On the contrary, Obama has a duty to speak out when the GOP nominee is creating chaos and discontent wherever he goes. Also, Obama knows what the job entails and after watching and listening to Trump for the past year, he above anyone else knows how fit Trump is for the job. And Trump ain't fit no how no way.

I'd like to know your opinion on why so many Republicans are bailing on Trump? None of the past Presidents have endorsed him, nor did they attend the RNC. Every day we read about some notable figure backing down from endorsing Trump, or even changing party affiliations. And also on a continual basis the GOP is having to make excuses for Trump's behavior and do damage control.

Why do you think that is?

Your own party knows he's unfit to serve.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »

On the contrary, Obama has a duty to speak out when the GOP nominee is creating chaos and discontent wherever he goes. Also, Obama knows what the job entails and after watching and listening to Trump for the past year, he above anyone else knows how fit Trump is for the job. And Trump ain't fit no how no way.

I'd like to know your opinion on why so many Republicans are bailing on Trump? None of the past Presidents have endorsed him, nor did they attend the RNC. Every day we read about some notable figure backing down from endorsing Trump, or even changing party affiliations. And also on a continual basis the GOP is having to make excuses for Trump's behavior and do damage control.

Your own party know he's unfit to serve.
Try again. Trump challenges the status quo. The establishment has the most to lose. Of course Obama, the Democrats and those that are entrenched in the Washington entitled political class -- including the entitled press -- don't like it very much. He is a threat to their power.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 09:59:32 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 10:09:15 PM by Arch »

Try again. Trump challenges the status quo. The establishment has the most to lose. Of course Obama, the Democrats and those that are entrenched in the Washington entitled political class -- including the entitled press -- don't like it very much. He is a threat to their power.

"I hate the status quo so much that I would rather destroy my country than maintain it."
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »

Ever think that Trump is just morally bankrupt, and that's why people are bailing on him, because they are embarrassed by all the things he says and does?

I don't think he's a threat to their power. He's a threat to their sanity and decency as human beings.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 10:00:22 PM »

Trump is a threat to a hell of a lot more than power.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

If this is what it seems on the surface, calling for GOP to dump Trump, I think it's a dumb move on Obsma's part. If  they are really considering dumping Trump,  many GOP hard liners, who instinctively oppose the President, are less likely to dump him  now that Obama has seemed to claim it as a goal.

If it's about making the Republicans look bad for congressional elections , I'm mixed.  We could further divide the Republican Party but at the same time  i'd rather them go after  their abysmal inaction.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies