Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama: Trump is "unfit to serve", GOP needs to drop him  (Read 1672 times)
cwt

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »

Smart move on his part. If Trump was to be dropped from the ticket, it'd be a lot harder to do now.
How would such a thing, theoretically, be accomplished?

Supposedly, Trump is willing to step down if he gets offered a big enough pay-out.

Cite? even of rumors? seriously , I'm interested .

Would Donald Trump really drop out for $150 million?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 12:26:28 AM »

Smart move on his part. If Trump was to be dropped from the ticket, it'd be a lot harder to do now.
How would such a thing, theoretically, be accomplished?

Supposedly, Trump is willing to step down if he gets offered a big enough pay-out.

Cite? even of rumors? seriously , I'm interested .

Would Donald Trump really drop out for $150 million?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow. Get it to a billion and I bet he would.

Thanks man ! Cheesy
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 12:36:04 AM »

Well, he's completely right.  I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues, but Trump is starting to transcend political ideology.  He's saying things that are just downright mean and offensive, and there has to be a point where - if he crosses a certain line - there's no way a thinking, compassionate, tolerant Republican can continue to be okay with him speaking for our party.  For me, that point came long ago, but I'm legitimately scared that for people like Seriously? and Ljube there's not anything that Trump could say or do to lose their support, and that's literally cultish.

Then why haven't more Republicans disavowed him? If "real" Republicans hate Trump, then there should be no fear of electoral consequences from explicitly rejecting him. Other than Mark Kirk, no Republican who is participating in any kind of an election this year has dared to pull rank.

Bob Dold, Charlie Dent, and Justin Amash are all running for re-election this year and are all #NEVERTRUMP. Yeah, I know the last two are in uncompetitive districts, but they are still "participating in any kind of an election this year".
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »

Well, he's completely right.  I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues, but Trump is starting to transcend political ideology.  He's saying things that are just downright mean and offensive, and there has to be a point where - if he crosses a certain line - there's no way a thinking, compassionate, tolerant Republican can continue to be okay with him speaking for our party.  For me, that point came long ago, but I'm legitimately scared that for people like Seriously? and Ljube there's not anything that Trump could say or do to lose their support, and that's literally cultish.

Then why haven't more Republicans disavowed him? If "real" Republicans hate Trump, then there should be no fear of electoral consequences from explicitly rejecting him. Other than Mark Kirk, no Republican who is participating in any kind of an election this year has dared to pull rank.

Bob Dold, Charlie Dent, and Justin Amash are all running for re-election this year and are all #NEVERTRUMP. Yeah, I know the last two are in uncompetitive districts, but they are still "participating in any kind of an election this year".

"Hello, my name is Bob Dol. . . d."

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 01:36:27 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2016, 01:54:23 AM by Mr. Morden »

Well, he's completely right.  I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues, but Trump is starting to transcend political ideology.  He's saying things that are just downright mean and offensive, and there has to be a point where - if he crosses a certain line - there's no way a thinking, compassionate, tolerant Republican can continue to be okay with him speaking for our party.  For me, that point came long ago, but I'm legitimately scared that for people like Seriously? and Ljube there's not anything that Trump could say or do to lose their support, and that's literally cultish.

Carlos Curbelo, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and David Valadao are also running for reelection this year, and are also #NeverTrump, AFAIK.

EDIT: Of course, there are plenty of other Republican politicians currently in office who have failed to endorse Trump, not even giving an "I support the nominee" type statement.  I think by my last count, there are something like 10 or 11 sitting Republican Senators in that category, so ~20% of the Senate Republican caucus.  I think it's similar in the House, but I haven't done an exhaustive count there.  But the majority of these folks who haven't endorsed Trump don't quite qualify as #NeverTrump, because they're holding open the possibility that Trump will improve enough to eventually get their support.  E.g., Pat Toomey is currently not supporting Trump, but hasn't ruled out the possibility of supporting him at some point in the future.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 08:06:54 AM »

There is nobody living who has done the job of President who has endorsed Donald Trump. That alone is telling.

At some point, condemning Trump as a despicable racist while still supporting his candidacy is an untenable position. I don't know when that point is, but it can't be far.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »

Well said, Mr. President.

Agree with Obama on political issues or not, he’s absolutely right. Someone who mocks a Gold Star family is unfit to serve as prez.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 09:28:19 AM »

Agree with Obama on political issues or not, he’s absolutely right. Someone who mocks a Gold Star family is unfit to serve as prez.

I'll make a deal with both you and Obama. You choose who the Republican nominee is and I can choose the Democrat. Deal?

That's not how America works. And Obama is an obnoxious fool for telling the other party what to do.

He should go back to making deals with terrorist regimes in exchange for hostages. Fly some more money into states that support that Radical Islamic Terrorism that he fails to recognize publicly.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 09:29:41 AM »

I'll make a deal with both you and Obama. You choose who the Republican nominee is and I can choose the Democrat. Deal?

That's not how America works. And Obama is an obnoxious fool for telling the other party what to do.

He should go back to making deals with terrorist regimes in exchange for hostages. Fly some more money into states that support that Radical Islamic Terrorism that he fails to recognize publicly.

You're really the worst.

He's not telling the other party what to do. He's saying it's incongruous to say, repeatedly, "I think Donald Trump is a degenerate racist and should be ashamed of himself" and at the same time say "I think Donald Trump should be our next president."
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »

You're really the worst.

He's not telling the other party what to do. He's saying it's incongruous to say, repeatedly, "I think Donald Trump is a degenerate racist and should be ashamed of himself" and at the same time say "I think Donald Trump should be our next president."
Oh, I am sorry I should just give into group mindthink and vote Democrat! Because otherwise, I get called names like "the worst."

Last I checked, it was still a free country where I could state my opinion about the corrupt hacks that you support. Bernie aside, of course.

Go back to supporting your President, who makes deals with states that support Radical Islamic Terrorists.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »

You're really the worst.

Oh, I am sorry I should just give into group mindthink and vote Democrat! Because otherwise, I get called names like "the worst."

Last I checked, it was still a free country where I could state my opinion about the corrupt hacks that you support. Bernie aside, of course.

Go back to supporting your President, who makes deals with states that support Radical Islamic Terrorists.

Who said you couldn't state your opinion? I'm just responding and telling you your opinion is ill-informed and awful.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

You're really the worst.

Who said you couldn't state your opinion? I'm just responding and telling you your opinion is ill-informed and awful.
What's truly awful is that the worst President since Jimmy Carter has the nerve to tell the opposing party that their candidate is "unfit." Very un-presidential.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »

You're really the worst.

What's truly awful is that the worst President since Jimmy Carter has the nerve to tell the opposing party that their candidate is "unfit." Very un-presidential.

It's only unpresidential because no president has had to do this before, because no party has nominated someone so manifestly unqualified as Donald Trump.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »

You're really the worst.

It's only unpresidential because no president has had to do this before, because no party has nominated someone so manifestly unqualified as Donald Trump.
Umm. no. There have been plenty of candidates that the opposing party hasn't liked in the past. Too bad. You dont get to select your opponent.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:04 PM »

You're really the worst.

Umm. no. There have been plenty of candidates that the opposing party hasn't liked in the past. Too bad. You dont get to select your opponent.

You're deluded if you think this is just about not liking Trump. He is unfit for office. His own party's leadership has repeatedly denounced his behavior as contemptuous and racist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »

You're really the worst.

And thus you want a president who prides himself on making deals with anyone including North Korea, Russia and Iran (the last of which I guess is your reference). Your mind must be a strange place.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies