Cris for Senate - An independent voice for Fremont.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:36:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris for Senate - An independent voice for Fremont.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cris for Senate - An independent voice for Fremont.  (Read 2368 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:16:10 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2016, 12:18:15 PM by Cris »

My fellow citizens of the Fremont region, I'm proud to announce my candidacy for the Class II Fremont Seat of Atlasian Senate.

A lot of people had the occasion of knowing me during the latest years, someone new doesn't know me well. I've started my political career in 2013, from the Midwest Legislature. Then I became an Atlasian Senator and I've served as Speaker of the Senate. During my terms as Senator, I had been able to build bridges with all my collegues of all political ideologies and also I was highly praised for my activity in the legislative body.

Along with other Atlasians, I had been a leading voice for a Constitutional Convention and for necessary changes in our system and I've served as Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention in the first period. With 3 regions instead of 5, with an House and a Senate, activity is higly risen. Our regional governments, our federal government is finally more active than first of the Constitutional Convention.

The transition process is finished. Now, it's time to focus on playing this beautiful game and this game needs active people with enthusiasm. After a period of stop because of personal issues, I'm entusiastically ready to go back to campaigning, legislating in the Senate and I can guarantee you that I'll be 100% active. In my opinion, being active doesn't mean just voting in the Senate. Voting in the Senate is the fundamental thing, you know, but if you'll give me the honor of being Senator, I'll open my own office, I'll update the people of Fremont on all my votes, I'll keep a direct connection between the legislative body and the people that I represent in Nyman.

I'll run an active campaign, as I've already done during all my career, for all elections for all political offices, from Representative of the Midwest legislature to Senator and President. I think that campaigning is one of the most beautiful things of a political game like Atlasia, so expect a very active campaign from me, with stops all through this wonderful region.

If you'll give me the honor to serve you in the Atlasian Senate, I can promise that I'll be an independent voice that'll stand for what's right for you. I'll be your independent voice.
When I'll disagree with the content of a bill, I'll not just vote Nay in the final vote, but I'll amend it in order to make it a better bill, even if I'd not support it in the final vote.

During the Constitutional Convention, I had been supportive of more powers to the regions. I have not changed my mind on that. I think that the Senate should expecially focus on clearing the way for the success of Atlasians, on some economic issues like budgets, aspects linked to the structure of the game and on our foreign policy. On all other issues, we should completely or partly let the regional governments take their decisions. I'll take an issue recentely addressed by Congress, minimum wage. I think that the federal government should establish a minimum wage rate, but if the regions want to increase it, the regions shall be able to do it. On other minor issues, I'll stand for the right of the regions to establish their own rules and laws.

I've said that the Senate should expecially focus on game reform, foreign policy and economic issues like budget.
As for game reform, I'll support every attempt to fix parts of Constitution that might cause controversy and attempts to amend it if there will be need.
When the Senate will have to approve the budget, I'll work for common-sense solutions with my fellow Senators. When it'll be possible, I'll push for cutting taxes, reduce spending, because we must create a better environment and better conditions for our small and medium businesses and for all our citizens, and for keeping a surplus.
I think that the role of the federal government shall not be that of running the life of Atlasians, but it should be that of clearing the way to all our citizens in order to let them being successful. This mean that I'll push for cutting taxes, for creating better conditions for businesses, to create an education system that guarantees opportunities for our children and for all the generations to come.
In the foreign policy area, I'll push in favour of an international coalition to defeat ISIS and that coalition shall include the moderate part of Islam. I'll be supportive of our allies and very careful at the situation with Russia, but I think that the Russians' help is necessary in the international coalition to defeat ISIS.

I look forward to hear your questions about the issues that matters to you and to Atlasia and I look forward to a debate or a forum or both of them with my opponent(s).

Thank you all. God bless you, God bless the region of Fremont, God bless Atlasia.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 11:14:28 AM by Cris »

Meet Cris

Political Offices:
- Most Serene Representative of the Midwest Althing (November 2013 - April 2014; July 2014 - August 2014)
- Archduke of the Midwest Althing (August 2014 - January 2015)
- White House Chief of Staff (November 2014 - March 2015)
- At-Large Senator (January 2015 - May 2016)
- Speaker of the Senate (July 2015 - March 2016)

Party Offices:
- Vice Chairman of Civic Renewal (June 2015 - January 2016)
- Chairman of Civic Renewal (January 2016 - July 2016)
- Chairman of United Alternative (July 2016 - present)

Other Offices, Awards or Roles:
- Order of the Star of Atlasia (Silver Star)
- Pollster (July 2013 - present)
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Senate Campaign (January 2014 - February 2014)
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Presidential Campaign (September 2014 - October 2014)
- Election and Political Tracker Director (Presidential and Senate Elections)

Political Parties:
- Federalist Party (July 2013 - February 2015)
- Civic Renewal (March 2015 - July 2016)
- United Alternative (July 2016 - present)

Volunteer
Do you want to volunteer for Cris's campaign? Send a PM to us!

Issues
Game reform
Economic policy
Foreign policy
Make our country safe

Healthcare

Endorsements
North Committeeman Kingpoleon (UA-North)
House Candidate Abraham Washington (UA-North)
Vice President Lumine (UA-Fremont)
Fremont Councilor 1184AZ (LAB-Fremont)

Schedule
August 3
August 4

August 5
August 6
August 7

August 8
August 9

August 10
August 11

Campaign signs

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:17:28 PM »

The Fascist Association of Atlasia is proud to endorse Cris' senatorial campaign! May you show the freedom-loving tax-hikers their place in our great nation!

x LLR, FAA Chair
I'd appreciate your personal support because you showed to be an active poster, but I can't accept the support of a fascist association that says that freedom is unhealthy, but, honestly, I think there are pretty good chances that this association is a provocative joke.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

Two great candidates running for Fremont Senate. Best of luck!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »

Thank you for the kind words, Mr. Senator! Smiley
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 02:01:50 PM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »

Campaign Schedule - August 3-4

Cris will start his campaign bus tour with several stops in his home state of Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. The following day, Cris will fly to Hawaii and Alaska, where he'll make the case on why the voters of the Fremont region needs a common-sense voice that'll stands for what's right for the nation, and not a pure partisan voice.

August 3
Announcement rally in Denver, CO.
Meet and Greet in Colorado Springs, CO.
Town Hall in Santa Fe, NM.
Meet and Greet in Albuquerque, NM.
Meet and Greet in Phoenix, AZ.
Rally in Mesa, AZ.
Social dinner in Mesa, AZ.

August 4
Meet and Greet in Hilo, HI.
Rally in Honolulu, HI.
Meet and Greet in Anchorage, AK.
Town Hall in Juneau, AK.
Social dinner in Juneau, AK.

Thanks! Smiley
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

Endorsed, and not just because you stole my slogan.Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 03:03:43 PM »

Endorsed, and not just because you stole my slogan.Wink
Thanks for the support, my friend! Smiley
I swear, I didn't remember that your slogan was similar to this. Tongue
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »

If elected what would your major goals be legislation wise be?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 03:55:14 PM »

Thanks for the question.
Now I'm on my phone and I'll be able to give you a complete answer earlier tomorrow.

My main goals would be game reform, foreign policy, economic policy, creating opportunities for all Atlasians, make our country more safe. Tomorrow I'll answer your question more specifically.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »

Endorsed!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 04:23:11 AM »

Game reform
If there will be need for that, I'll propose/support every amendment that fixes or integrate our Constitution.

Economic policy
As for the budget, when there will be the possibility, I'll push for reducing taxes and spendings. Also I think that we shall have a surplus, more or less big, in any case.
With my fellow colleagues, we'll have to pass legislations that will favorize our medium and small business, fight unemployement and adopt the best measures to get Atlasians to work. We'll help our young (or not) citizens that desire to start an activity with incentives. That's the Atlasia dream. If a person want to build his future, his life, then the federal government shall clear the way for him, and not intrude in his life, and incentives it's the right thing to do.

Foreign policy
I'll push for an international coalition (composed by Atlasia, the EU countries, Russia, the moderate Islam countries, Asian countries) to defeat ISIS. We must also support the Kurds, threatened by ISIS. I'll support using drones and I'll also support a limited use of special forces to rescue ISIS's hostages and provide humanitarian relief to the population.
Even if I think the Russians' help is necessary in the anti-ISIS coalition, we must still watch over the situation in Ukraine, but a new war in this period is not desiderable.
The idea of an Asian NATO, which includes historic allies like Japan, Australia, New Zeland, South Korea and others, was launched some time ago. I think it's a good idea and that Atlasia must favorize it.

Make our country safe
We must invest all what's necessary for increasing our security measures, closely follow and arrest all individuals who are accused or showed the possibility of attempting to Atlasians' lifes.
A gun reform is necessary. I'll strongly push first for proper test on all people that wants to take guns. This is a first important step, even if it doesn't entirely solve the problem. We have to introduce serious restrictions and tough sanctions. For example, the sale of ammunition might be restricted and limited, we must also eliminate the possibility of acquiring potent bullets from other countries. I'm sure that there are also other possible measures to stop gun violence and I'm looking forward to the debate in Congress. Also I think the regions shall have their role on this issue and that we can leave some decisions in their hands.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 04:23:48 AM »

Thanks to all for the nice words! Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 05:23:24 AM »

What is your plan to reduce healthcare costs and expand coverage, other than repeal Obamacare?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51:38 AM »

What is your plan to reduce healthcare costs and expand coverage, other than repeal Obamacare?
Thanks for the question! Smiley

As of Obamacare: I'm not an American citizen and I have to admit that I don't know Obamacare well, but when I see its principal aspects, I see some things that are not working in my opinion. For example the young people tend to be healthy and they don't need coverage as older people, but in Obamacare young people have the best deals of everyone. In order to get the money to help insure all people, there are new taxes and I think that when it's possible we should do all what's possible in order to not have more taxes for Atlasians.

The Constitutional Convention approved a legislative rebot. So Congress will have to pass new laws on various issues. In 2014, the Senate approved an Healtcare law, the Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014. This law gives regions the opportunity to expand healtcare choice for the people of the sudden region, gives regions the opportunity of regulating the presence of other providers or plans and allows coverage for special populations, like veterans. I think it was a very good law and if elected I'll propose it again.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 06:29:14 AM »

I'm glad that you are interested on working on healthcare reform and I see you must have been paying some attention to the ongoing debate in Congress.  I'm also happy if you're supportive of the fundamentals of previous reforms here, too.

I'll put in a good word for you in the event that you seek Labor's endorsement this month - provided that Labor doesn't run a candidate of its own, of course. Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 07:11:34 AM »

I'm glad that you are interested on working on healthcare reform and I see you must have been paying some attention to the ongoing debate in Congress.  I'm also happy if you're supportive of the fundamentals of previous reforms here, too.

I'll put in a good word for you in the event that you seek Labor's endorsement this month - provided that Labor doesn't run a candidate of its own, of course. Wink
Thanks for the kind words! Smiley
I'm looking forward to get the support of all citizens of the Fremont region, of every party.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »

It was a pleasure to serve with you at the ConCon and as a fellow Senator At-Large. Good luck with your campaign!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »

It was a pleasure to serve with you at the ConCon and as a fellow Senator At-Large. Good luck with your campaign!
Thanks very much. It was an honor to serve with a capable person like you during that crucial moments for Atlasia.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »

If a budget had two dollars cut in spending for every dollar raised in revenue, would you vote for such a budget?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 06:31:51 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2016, 09:23:03 AM by Cris »

If a budget had two dollars cut in spending for every dollar raised in revenue, would you vote for such a budget?
Our first objective shall be a balance the budget and if possible there shall be a good surplus for eventual situations that might happen.
I'd rather support cutting useless government spendings than leave our tax plan as it is now. So two dollars cut in useless spending for every dollar raised would mean more possibilities of cutting taxes, a good surplus... so why not?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies