How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:50:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President  (Read 2700 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: August 03, 2016, 05:35:51 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2016, 05:46:07 PM by ClintonianCake »

Upper-Middle class twentysomethinhs in a developing country always have the worst opinions.

(Of course, the effect of their triumphant overthrow of Dilma was the installation of a cronyistic coalition puppeted by Big Ag and evangelicals, but yeah congrats you really showed those stooppid poor people who selfishly wanted enough to educate their children rather than sending them to work)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:41:16 PM »

Upper-Middle class twentysomethinhs in a developing country always have the worst opinions.

(Of course, the effect of their triumphant overthrow of Dilma was the installation of a cronyistic coalition puppeted by Big Ag and evangelicals, but yeah congrats you really showed those stooppid poor people who selfishly wanted enough to educate their children rather than sending them to work)
your guy was corrupt and bad for the country (again), you can spin it to make you feel better and (of course, can't miss this important part) make fun of people who don't agree with you politically, but it doesn't really change that.  Yet another corrupt leftist leader in S.America.

Dude it's a developing country. Everybody is corrupt, especially whatever wackjob shock therapists these guys want to peddle in.(and may I emphasise the party that seems to have ended up with the most power is the PMDB). Dilma in many ways was a moron, but in many ways was great. Bolsa Familia, for instance is one of the best programs on earth and undoubtedly a net positive to the country.

Almost 3 months to start a business? Worst recession in a long time? What is education without good employment? If I was poor; I'd want some work so I could raise myself or my family up vs state handouts (not to say education is a handout)  I think you can socialize a couple things effectively: healthcare and education and then leave the rest to be privatized.  By any means, it's not a complete victory yet there.  There is still work to be done.

The reason behind the recession is the crippling of the China bubble, nothing more nothing less. These people quite frankly don't understand the poverty of their own country if they think a little bit of bootstraps is all that is needed.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »

Oh cool, a bunch of people follow them on Facebook! Let's see them make any impact on the next election, lol.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 06:28:49 PM by ClintonianCake »

Libertarians are about as relevant to the real world as Trotskyists and almost as annoying. (And like trots, they only grow relevant if they completely sell out and argue for populism, evangelical Christianity and hyper nationalism.)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 08:03:48 PM by ClintonianCake »

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be lectured at in morals by a poster who names himself after a Putin-loving holocaust denier with no libertarian credentials beyond using it as an advertising slogan.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:05:28 AM »

Obviously not.  And the people that make excuses, defend and embrace him are much worse than the people that do the same for the merely corrupt.  Still, kind of silly to do though....at least in my opinion.  I understand some people feel it's their duty to defend corrupt people, but only if they are wearing the same color shirt.

Because I am not naive enough to think or demand the world operates on black and white terms.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies