Trump Supporters Keep His Candidacy Afloat with Flood of Donations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Supporters Keep His Candidacy Afloat with Flood of Donations
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Supporters Keep His Candidacy Afloat with Flood of Donations  (Read 566 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »

This grassroots support will be the main reason why Donald Trump will remain (for better or worse) the nominee of the Republican Party:

Fueled by Small Donations, Donald Trump Makes Up Major Financial Ground

By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE and NICK CORASANITI
AUG. 3, 2016

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »

Dear lord. Time to counterbalance with small donations.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

Too late for good data, as the article states. So he'll just throw money at the problem through direct mail and overpriced TV ads. Newsflash: the people who respond to that nonsense are already voting Trump.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »

Trump usually inflates his fundraising without accounting for costs.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 11:10:32 PM »

Do you mean too? Or did you not read the article and realize most of this is from small donations?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

Do you mean too? Or did you not read the article and realize most of this is from small donations?

Yep, I meant too because I'm a Hillary supporter as indicated below my avatar. Do you read everything in the most literal way possible?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 11:37:15 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2016, 11:38:59 PM by Ronnie »

At this point, I'm not sure all the money in the world can win him this election.  And I mean that literally.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 11:40:20 PM »

Yep, I meant too because I'm a Hillary supporter as indicated below my avatar. Do you read everything in the most literal way possible?

This is the first time in my life that I've ever contributed money to a political candidate.  I actually signed up for monthly donations to Hillary.

Speaking of which, shouldn't they be sending me, like, a bumper sticker or something?  At least?  I just get emails asking me to make calls for her.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 11:41:47 PM »

Trump usually inflates his fundraising without accounting for costs.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 11:48:01 PM »

This is the first time in my life that I've ever contributed money to a political candidate.  I actually signed up for monthly donations to Hillary.

Speaking of which, shouldn't they be sending me, like, a bumper sticker or something?  At least?  I just get emails asking me to make calls for her.

There are "special offers" where you get paraphernalia whenever you donate or sign up for certain things. You gotta keep an eye out though.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 11:49:24 PM »

Please explain exactly how Trump does that.  You are essentially accusing Trump of lying in his FEC filings - or have no basic understanding of how they work.  Receipts are always reported separate from disbursements in FEC filings.  And if Trump and the RNC has $74 million cash-on-hand, their costs weren't all that high, anyway.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »

My apologies. I hope you didn't take my remarks in a tone that you find, like I did. Oh wait. You did pick a tone and assume I was using it, like I did to you.Tongue

To be clear, I'm teasing you there.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »

Please explain exactly how Trump does that.  You are essentially accusing Trump of lying in his FEC filings - or have no basic understanding of how they work.  Receipts are always reported separate from disbursements in FEC filings.  And if Trump and the RNC has $74 million cash-on-hand, their costs weren't all that high, anyway.

These aren't official FEC filings, cinyc. It was an claim from his campaign, and they've done this before. Could be wrong of course, but if recent history is any indication .....
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »

These aren't official FEC filings, cinyc. It was an claim from his campaign, and they've done this before. Could be wrong of course, but if recent history is any indication .....

Please provide one instance when Trump (or any other candidate, for that matter), lied about the amount of donations they received in a month.  There will be an FEC filing that will verify the amounts received on the 20th.  If a candidate lies about the amount of cash received, they will be caught in a lie.  There is no incentive to lie about something that will become a matter of public record two weeks from now.  It would just make the campaign look stupid if they did so.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:44 AM »

It's not really lying so much as the big number is misleading. Ben Carson raised a lot of money during the primary, but he spent nearly all of it on direct mail fundraising to raise more money. Trump could be using a similar strategy where he is only really raising a third of the money he is reporting because he spent 2/3 of the money raising it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 12:48:05 AM »

It's not really lying so much as the big number is misleading. Ben Carson raised a lot of money during the primary, but he spent nearly all of it on direct mail fundraising to raise more money. Trump could be using a similar strategy where he is only really raising a third of the money he is reporting because he spent 2/3 of the money raising it.

Bingo. We'll see the numbers here.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 12:54:05 AM »

Trump isn't Ben Carson.  He's always been wary of campaign expenditures.  Best I can tell, the actual Trump campaign's cash-on-hand went up by about $17 million from June, more than the actual Clinton campaign's net $14 million increase.  That's despite the actual Trump campaign likely raising much less than the actual Clinton campaign for the month.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies