Politico: Melania may have committed visa fraud, illegally immigrated to US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:44:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Melania may have committed visa fraud, illegally immigrated to US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Politico: Melania may have committed visa fraud, illegally immigrated to US  (Read 3047 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »

Melania Trump: Donald Trump's Wife Responds to Questions About Immigration Status Upon Entering US
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nice try DNC media. Now go on your predictable "gotcha" witch hunt.

Do you have a source or are we supposed to just trust you because of your sterling reputation for truthiness on this forum?
Of course. Melania Trump herself.

twitter.com

Thanks.  I'm going back to ignoring your posts.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 03:57:26 PM »

Melania Trump: Donald Trump's Wife Responds to Questions About Immigration Status Upon Entering US

Do you have a source or are we supposed to just trust you because of your sterling reputation for truthiness on this forum?

https://twitter.com/

L-O-L
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/status/761212858944421888/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

How do you know Melania wrote that.
Her own thoughts and writings, have been questioned before, you know.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/status/761212858944421888/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

How do you know Melania wrote that.
Her own thoughts and writings, have been questioned before, you know.
It's on her twitter feed. It's irrelevant if a staffer wrote it. It's attributed to her.
Redban

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »

Source says she had a work visa. She also didn't get paid for the nude photos from 1995.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/former-modeling-agent-says-got-melania-trumps-visa-185839718--election.html
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 07:08:43 PM »

Liberals just aren't as good at getting these ridiculous and misleading stories to stick. This one won't last long.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »

She also didn't get paid for the nude photos from 1995.

https://de.usembassy.gov/unpaid-work-is-work-make-sure-you-have-the-correct-visa/

Not really sure how much clearer the US government can make that.
Redban

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »

https://de.usembassy.gov/unpaid-work-is-work-make-sure-you-have-the-correct-visa/

From the yahoo link:

"U.S. law allows a person to use a visitor visa to conduct temporary business for a foreign company or explore a future career opportunities such as visiting modeling agencies or meeting with potential clients.

Zampolli, who didn't book the shoot, said the photos, which appeared in the French magazine Max, were likely a "free shoot to build the book of the model. She needed to get her tear sheets."
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 07:24:09 PM »

This story will never catch on.  It can't be encapsulated in an easily-understandable form and the details of different immigration visas or was it 1995 or 1996 or was it auditioning or working are too nitpicky and confusing for voters to care about.
Yes it can: Melania is an illegal immigrant.

Undocumented immigrant*

Check yourself, bigot.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 07:25:54 PM »

I guess under trump's own policy, she will have to be rounded-up and sent back to Slovenia.
And then only after she is gone, we can review her situation, and maybe we will allow her back to the US .... maybe.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 07:34:35 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

As the descendant of an illegal immigrant, WHO CARE. LOVE EVERYBODY.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 08:07:18 PM by ProudModerate2 »

This story will never catch on.  It can't be encapsulated in an easily-understandable form and the details of different immigration visas or was it 1995 or 1996 or was it auditioning or working are too nitpicky and confusing for voters to care about.

Yes it can: Melania is an illegal immigrant.

Undocumented immigrant*
Check yourself, bigot.

Ebsy was intentionally using the "bigot" version, so that poorly-educated and bigoted trump supporters could "more easily understand" the issue.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

From the yahoo link:

"U.S. law allows a person to use a visitor visa to conduct temporary business for a foreign company or explore a future career opportunities such as visiting modeling agencies or meeting with potential clients.

Zampolli, who didn't book the shoot, said the photos, which appeared in the French magazine Max, were likely a "free shoot to build the book of the model. She needed to get her tear sheets."

So basically you just quoted someone who has no knowledge of the situation and is speculating.  And taking nude pictures is not "visiting a modeling agency or meeting with potential clients".  You must have some interesting career days at your school if you think that is the way people meet potential clients.  You go to a person's place of business and you participate in the production of something of economic value... bad news son... You just did work.

US government again...

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »

Once again, the questions were raised because of her own comment, that she traveled back to her home country every 6 months in order to be legal in the US. It is very difficult, if at all possible, to think up a situation where that could have been the case if she worked in the US in the meantime. If she was legally employed she, almost certainly, did not have to travel for immigration reasons. The only legal immigration-related reason for her to travel out would have been if she was in the US for non-work reasons, living from her savings and/or payments from her non-US employer. In that case, yes, having been admitted to the US for 6 months she could have traveled outside and returned for a new six-month period. If she was working in the US she would have been in violation of her status while in the US and commiting immigration fraud while re-entering the US.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »

If, by any chance, this story is true--that Donald "they're bringing rapists" Trump married an illegal immigrant--I think that would be proof that a benevolent god exists.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 07:53:11 PM by Maxwell »

I've got some investigators in Slovenia that are looking into this. Their finding some really SHOCKING things. THEY can't believe what they're finding.
Redban

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »

From the yahoo link:

So basically you just quoted someone who has no knowledge of the situation and is speculating.  And taking nude pictures is not "visiting a modeling agency or meeting with potential clients".  You must have some interesting career days at your school if you think that is the way people meet potential clients.  You go to a person's place of business and you participate in the production of something of economic value... bad news son... You just did work.

US government again...

Oh yes -- the man who sponsored her for a work Visa and has extensive experience with professional modeling has "no knowledge of the situation."

She went there to take pictures that she could add to her portfolio, with no exchange of money. If you visit a country and have someone take your pictures as you stand in front of a landmark, then are you committing immigration fraud?

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »

From the yahoo link:

So basically you just quoted someone who has no knowledge of the situation and is speculating.  And taking nude pictures is not "visiting a modeling agency or meeting with potential clients".  You must have some interesting career days at your school if you think that is the way people meet potential clients.  You go to a person's place of business and you participate in the production of something of economic value... bad news son... You just did work.

US government again...

Oh yes -- the man who sponsored her for a work Visa...

Oh yes, the man who said H1B visa.  What type of H1B visa requires you to leave the country every six months?  So is your wonderful source lying or is Melania lying.

Once again, the questions were raised because of her own comment, that she traveled back to her home country every 6 months in order to be legal in the US. It is very difficult, if at all possible, to think up a situation where that could have been the case if she worked in the US in the meantime. If she was legally employed she, almost certainly, did not have to travel for immigration reasons. The only legal immigration-related reason for her to travel out would have been if she was in the US for non-work reasons, living from her savings and/or payments from her non-US employer. In that case, yes, having been admitted to the US for 6 months she could have traveled outside and returned for a new six-month period. If she was working in the US she would have been in violation of her status while in the US and commiting immigration fraud while re-entering the US.

The problem is Atlas is populated by sheltered suburban American white kids.  I know several immigrants and I've spoken to them about the immigration process.  I too cannot think of what kind of legitimate work visa requires leaving the United States every six months as Melania herself described quite emphatically.

The other thing is immigrants who come here the right way don't make mistakes about what they did.  It is an arduous process that 100% of them in my experience hired an immigration attorney to help them with.  This isn't like asking someone what they had on their pizza two months ago.  I've sat through enough immigration rants that I know they remember that sh-t.

I've got some investigators in Slovenia that are looking into this. Their finding some really SHOCKING things. THEY can't believe what they're finding.

Sad thing is this could all be cleared up easily... if Melania just showed us her papers.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »

I mean, following US immigration law is much more likely to make it impossible to travel, not the other way around. There are many circumstances where during some transition in immigration status a person is stuck in the US, while waiting for the paperwork to go through (leaving the country would either require one to restart the process, or would force the applicant to wait for months outside the US, potentially losing the job in question, while staying in the US would have been perfectly legal). A student in a perfectly valid immigration status might face trouble getting a new visa stamp required to come back if s/he leaves the country. Getting a new visa stamp on a trip requires showing "non-immigrant intent" - something that is hard to do for a young guy who had spent the last few years studying in the US. It is much safer - and perfectly legal - to stay in the US for vacations.  I have seen cases of people missing their parents funerals because of such things. But I cannot think of a situation where traveling abroad regularly would have been required (at most, one has to travel abroad for a one-time visa status adjustment).  Mrs. Trump is having some interesting memories.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2016, 08:36:40 PM »

But I cannot think of a situation where traveling abroad regularly would have been required (at most, one has to travel abroad for a one-time visa status adjustment).

Yeah I know of one person who had to leave the country for some visa issue.  They didn't have to go to freakin' Slovenia though.  They just had to poke their nose over the border and do whatever paperwork at a US Consulate "overseas".  I think they took a day trip by car up to Canada.  I've heard all kinds of tales of quirky visa issues and Rube Goldberg remedies but flying to Solovenia every six months is a new one for me... especially on this H1B visa Redban is swearing she had.  Who in their right mind would hire someone on an H1B visa that needed to go to Slovenia every six months?  I mean all the people I know who have H1B visas have graduate degrees and work in critical jobs that are woefully under supplied.  These employers can't just let these guys bolt every six months.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »

We need to see the actual papers and the actual visa documents. It'd only be fair.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »

Phew!  Good thing nobody ever lies on Twitter!
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »

I DEMAND TO SEE THE LONG FORM OF MELANIA TRUMP'S SLOVENIAN PASSPORT!!! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE CLEARED UP!!!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:08 PM »

But I cannot think of a situation where traveling abroad regularly would have been required (at most, one has to travel abroad for a one-time visa status adjustment).

Yeah I know of one person who had to leave the country for some visa issue.  They didn't have to go to freakin' Slovenia though.  They just had to poke their nose over the border and do whatever paperwork at a US Consulate "overseas".  I think they took a day trip by car up to Canada.  I've heard all kinds of tales of quirky visa issues and Rube Goldberg remedies but flying to Solovenia every six months is a new one for me... especially on this H1B visa Redban is swearing she had.  Who in their right mind would hire someone on an H1B visa that needed to go to Slovenia every six months?  I mean all the people I know who have H1B visas have graduate degrees and work in critical jobs that are woefully under supplied.  These employers can't just let these guys bolt every six months.
You do realize elite models travel all over the world for work, right? Paris, Milan, New York, etc. all have their own versions of fashion week.

Leaving the country is in their job description.

Your H1B visa analogy fails on that point alone. They are supposed to be mobile.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2016, 12:01:43 AM »

She's really been hurting his campaign, which was already experiencing turbulence before her exploits (i.e plagiarism, nude pictures, lesbianism).

I can't recall the last time a candidate's wife gave the candidate so much trouble. Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Ann Romney, Cindy McCain --- none of them aroused so much negative attention. In fact, most of them helped the candidate, especially Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain.

Which is amazing, considering Laura Bush is the only candidate spouse to my knowledge who has actually killed someone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies