What happens to the US after 16 years of Democratic presidency?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:37:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What happens to the US after 16 years of Democratic presidency?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happens to the US after 16 years of Democratic presidency?  (Read 2069 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »

Since Hillary will most likely win the election in 2016 and maybe 2020, what happens to the US after 16 years of Democratic presidency?  Will the country be radically different, worse off?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:14:19 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2016, 11:25:52 PM by bronz4141 »

You might see a vicious rightward swing for a while. Identity politics can only run its course. SJWS will wear people thin. The country could be in a centrist direction, too. I'm an Independent, by the way.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:15:31 PM »

I'd like to see the country swing to the right, I'm growing tired of SJWs and all the non-sense of this decade already.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »

Western civilization continues to decline, probably to a point of no return. We will eventually see Chinese hegemony in world affairs, and the West will be enslaved to their will.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:42:09 AM »

I think we'd be doing pretty well, to be honest. We'd be slightly more like Canada in terms of health care and guns and stuff, and police killings would be more likely to slow down.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:01:38 AM »

I think we'd be doing pretty well, to be honest. We'd be slightly more like Canada in terms of health care and guns and stuff, and police killings would be more likely to slow down.
You can't have a gun ban. You can't disarm and emasculate this country. Enough with gun issues. Enough.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 07:05:12 AM »

You can't have a gun ban. You can't disarm and emasculate this country. Enough with gun issues. Enough.

I did not advocate a gun ban. I said we'd be "more like Canada" in terms of guns. Meaning at least some gun control. And I don't understand how you can say "enough with gun issues" when a bunch of people are dying because of guns - are you implying those people's deaths aren't important?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »

I did not advocate a gun ban. I said we'd be "more like Canada" in terms of guns. Meaning at least some gun control. And I don't understand how you can say "enough with gun issues" when a bunch of people are dying because of guns - are you implying those people's deaths aren't important?
No, it's just that the gun control talk needs to go. So be it. It is what it is.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 07:34:40 AM »

No, it's just that the gun control talk needs to go. So be it. It is what it is.

Glad to know that you're pro-death and pro-murder. I'm sorry, but when you're talking about people's lives, "it is what it is" is a completely toxic thing to say. Preventable death is just that: preventable. Your attitude isn't going to help save lives that we can save.
Redban

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »

The Supreme Court will have a heavy left-wing bias that will affect our laws for decades. We will become more like Canada and those countries in Europe.

It's also extremely likely that Hillary will get amnesty passed within her 8 years (Bush and Obama came close in 2007 and 2013, so she's bound to get it done). That amnesty bill will hasten the road to a minority-majority.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »

Politics will shift more leftward. Something that’s already underway. The GOP will moderate since it became evident that they can’t win with dudes like the mentally-ill fake billionaire and the right-winger (Cruz, who may end up as nominee in 2020).
kyc0705

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2016, 06:47:59 PM by kyc0705 »

According to Seriously, the apocalypse.

It's quite likely that whatever remains of the Tea Party movement will be very vengeful. It's questionable whether or not politics as a whole will shift leftward, but the GOP may be more willing to run less ideological/more moderate candidates to have a shot at the presidency. On the Democratic side, ideas like universal healthcare will likely be much more mainstream and ubiquitous.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »

Well, we're halfway there and it doesn't look anything like that, so...
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 06:36:44 PM »

There will be 20 more states after the US annexed Mexico.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »

It won't be more than 12.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »

I'm convinced that Democrats will become the party of the presidency, and Republicans will become the party of Congress. Democrats have built of a firm 'Blue Wall' in Presidential elections that I don't see Republicans breaking any time soon, -- especially considering demographics are becoming even more friendly to Democrats.
Meanwhile, Republicans have gerrymandered and rigged their way into a strong congressional majority, especially in the house. Their voters are also typically way more likely to actually show up for non-Presidential elections.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have this status quo for another 8-12-16 more years.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 09:45:08 PM »

I'm convinced that Democrats will become the party of the presidency, and Republicans will become the party of Congress. Democrats have built of a firm 'Blue Wall' in Presidential elections that I don't see Republicans breaking any time soon, -- especially considering demographics are becoming even more friendly to Democrats.
Meanwhile, Republicans have gerrymandered and rigged their way into a strong congressional majority, especially in the house. Their voters are also typically way more likely to actually show up for non-Presidential elections.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have this status quo for another 8-12-16 more years.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

Sure the Dems would have 10-12 more House Seats without gerrymandering but the GOP would still have the House Majority.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies