Some questions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:13:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Some questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 6232 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2005, 11:03:11 AM »

1. KEmperor, JFK, Gabu, Alcon, and a few others from time to time.
2.  I don't nessicarily belive in the danger of the public orginization, which I recognize as a bit of a joke.  But there is a unofficial gruop of elitists and a generally sense of snobbey which concerns me.
3.  A dangerous superiority complex
4.  Ban the chief proponents from government positions, ie. KEmperor, JFK ect.

By the way, I never used the phrase Forum Elite Conspiracy.  I've often refered to Elitists, but I never started the stuff about a conspiratory group.  That was the invention of KEmperor and etc.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2005, 11:06:10 AM »

2.  I don't nessicarily belive in the danger of the public orginization, which I recognize as a bit of a joke.  But there is a unofficial gruop of elitists and a generally sense of snobbey which concerns me.

By the way, I never used the phrase Forum Elite Conspiracy.  I've often refered to Elitists, but I never started the stuff about a conspiratory group.  That was the invention of KEmperor and etc.

Elitism is not illegal therefore you cannot ban anyone from government positions Mr.McCarthy.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »

Roll Eyes Are you serious?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

No, I was just giving an answer to his question.  I think we should just drop the matter -on both sides.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:47 PM »

Elitism is not illegal therefore you cannot ban anyone from government positions Mr.McCarthy.

Exactly you do not have the power to ban anyone from a government position. The Senate, though, does have the power to throw you out if it deems necessary.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2005, 01:52:56 PM »

No, I was just giving an answer to his question.  I think we should just drop the matter -on both sides.

I don't know what side I am on.  Could you please explain the sides, Preston?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

sounds good to me
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »

It is my understanding that the phrase came about through that PM during the Texasgurl campaign.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2005, 02:42:22 PM »

It is my understanding that the phrase came about through that PM during the Texasgurl campaign.
No, it did not.  That pm said nothing about a "conspiracy."  That was an invention of either you or Joe Republic, I believe.

Here is the text of the original pm that I sent to Dean, that started this whole business:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
While it is true that I spoke about a forum elite, I said nothing about a dominating conspiracy.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2005, 02:47:04 PM »

Here is Joe Republic using the phrase Forum Elite Conspiracy the earliest use (May 27) of the phrase I can find: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=22802.msg490620#msg490620
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2005, 02:54:55 PM »

Here is Joe Republic using the phrase Forum Elite Conspiracy the earliest use (May 27) of the phrase I can find: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=22802.msg490620#msg490620

Whilst you didn't add the "Conspiracy", you seemingly coined the term "Forum Elite" on the previous page where your PM is quoted.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2005, 03:01:44 PM »

Whilst you didn't add the "Conspiracy", you seemingly coined the term "Forum Elite" on the previous page where your PM is quoted.
And I have not denied using that term.  I've always believed there is an annoying and often rude Forum Elite, even if it's not a orginized conspiracy, which I recognize.  You can't deny that the recent actions of KEmperor etc. have been quite elitist and that their is a problem with snobbery to me, southerners, and new people.  Look at all of the threads started after the creation of the SAP.  All of them started by people attacking the SAP.  They dragged it on.  They kept up the baseless and immature attacks.  Were just trying to defend ourselves  here and create a party.  All I'm asking is that ya'll just please leave us alone and let us make up our own minds on who we support (Governor's race, etc.). 
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2005, 03:03:19 PM »

Ah, so it's elitist when we respond to your baseless accusations against us by making fun of it?  Ok.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »

Ah, so it's elitist when we respond to your baseless accusations against us by making fun of it?  Ok.
Well, the mockery is very annoying and spoils the ability of a civilized debate.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2005, 03:05:42 PM »

Well, the mockery is very annoying and spoils the ability of a civilized debate.

I've been accused of being a member of the FEC, and although I sometimes slip, I generally try not to be mocking except in very extreme cases. If your problem with the organization is the mockery, why not target those specifically at fault as opposed to lumping us all together in some conspiracy?  That is a little inconsiderate.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2005, 03:05:59 PM »

When you make stupid accusations against other members, and have no way to back them up, expect to be mocked.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2005, 03:07:04 PM »

And I have not denied using that term.  I've always believed there is an annoying and often rude Forum Elite, even if it's not a orginized conspiracy, which I recognize.  You can't deny that the recent actions of KEmperor etc. have been quite elitist and that their is a problem with snobbery to me, southerners, and new people.  Look at all of the threads started after the creation of the SAP.  All of them started by people attacking the SAP.  They dragged it on.  They kept up the baseless and immature attacks.  Were just trying to defend ourselves  here and create a party.  All I'm asking is that ya'll just please leave us alone and let us make up our own minds on who we support (Governor's race, etc.). 

Well let's see what my old friend dictionary.com has to say about some of the things that you have been accusing people of this board of doing.

eˇlitˇism or éˇlitˇism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-ltzm, -l-)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

a.  The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
           b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.  

Elitist

n : someone who believes in rule by an elite group

snobˇberˇy    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (snb-r)
n. pl. snobˇberˇies

1. Snobbish behavior or an instance of it.

snob    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (snb)
n.
1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2005, 03:10:57 PM »

Preston,

Given that yesterday you were effectively suggesting that the so-called "Forum Elite" were modifying the AtlasWiki to serve their agenda, possibly to the point of god-knows-what that has enterred your mind, I am hardly surprised that people react accordingly to mock such ridiculous claims.

BTW, saying things like "Burn in hell, KEmperor" doesn't do much for the progress of civilized debate either.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2005, 03:13:12 PM »

Preston,

Given that yesterday you were effectively suggesting that the so-called "Forum Elite" were modifying the AtlasWiki to serve their agenda, possibly to the point of god-knows-what that has enterred your mind, I am hardly surprised that people react accordingly to mock such ridiculous claims.

BTW, saying things like "Burn in hell, KEmperor" doesn't do much for the progress of civilized debate either.
Ok you know what, here's what I propose.  We delete all of these threads which have fostered this argument and move on.  Debate the policies of the me and the SAP if you want, but let's not let this FEC debate go on any longer.  I've said some things I regret now, I'm sure we all have.  I'm putting this up to Joe Republic, KEmporer and whoever else started one of the many threads about the matter. 
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2005, 03:20:33 PM »

Senator Kramer must I say that you were probably the first person to attack other members of the forum for being elitists and claimed that a huge swath of the forum was elitist. Here is a quote from you from May 4th, 2005, in response to MAS' statement about not running for re-election to the Senate.

MAS117, I'm very sorry to see you go.  I was hoping to see you put a strong fight up for Senate. 

I agree, there is a great and alarming trend of elitism, particularly among your high hat libertarian leaning folks who think they're smarter than others.  That social liberal establishment united with the corporatist elite to fight against me in my campaign for senate.  It seems the same groups are trying to orchestrate a Dibble victory for President.  I can garentee that there will still be a strong anti-elite populist force in the Senate after you're gone.

This was the first time you actually started railing against these so-called "elites". This then became more focused with the MasterJedi PM of late May. Although you might not have started the name Forum Elite Conspiracy you were the one to basically start attacking people because of elitism. I'm sorry but I don't like being attacked on false and libelous charges, unless they come from the Private Eye Wink.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2005, 03:25:21 PM »

For what it's worth, I may as well claim the credit for actually coining the term "forum elite conspiracy".  Even if I'm now sick of seeing it everywhere.

I'm quite happy to just forget all about the paranoid fantasy and move on.  Heaven knows, certain people have already lost the credibility that it'll be nigh impossible to regain.  Better not make it worse.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2005, 06:03:14 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2005, 06:05:51 PM by Porce »

I'm pretty sure you used the term "forum elite" or something similar before Preston did.

Edit, not quite, but close: "political elitism"
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=22535.msg483676#msg483676

This is actually the type of elitism I believe exists on the forum.  The fact that you exposed it here is all the better argument for you not being one of the elitists yourself, as some others seem to think.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »

The Forum Elites are those that always seem to find government positions, no matter what. People like MAS who jump around and always seem to be elected, even though they are incompetent. The Forum Elites almost always would rather give themselves government positions rather than people who haven't been around as long. They also try to interfere with another region's elections.

As for the questions:

1. KEmp, Alcon, Andrew, Peter Bell, MAS, JFK, ColinW

2. I don't believe there is a conspiracy. Rather just a group of people who make sure to back each other first.

3. Power

4. Nothing you can do except leave or wait for them to leave.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »

Preston,

Somebody modified the Atlas wiki to say something to the effect of "Harry is powerhungry and egotistical.  Protect your children."  I suspect that it was you, Peter, but I have no proof of that.  Anyway, the neutral article I wrote was edited to be from an anti-Harry point of view, but I dont care.  I doubt too many people look at Altas Wiki anyway.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2005, 04:14:43 PM »

Preston,

Somebody modified the Atlas wiki to say something to the effect of "Harry is powerhungry and egotistical.  Protect your children."  I suspect that it was you, Peter, but I have no proof of that.  Anyway, the neutral article I wrote was edited to be from an anti-Harry point of view, but I dont care.  I doubt too many people look at Altas Wiki anyway.

Peter Bell was not the one who put that up there. 

The IP addy did match someone from this forum, but I'm not going to say who.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies