August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:17:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate  (Read 1146 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« on: August 07, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »

People of the North, I come to address to you as an ordinary citizen, not as a politician of some sorts.

Thank you, cinyc, for making this possible along with Mr. Kingpoleon.

Regarding my gubernatorial stint, a lot of my promises or goals went "unattended" because of some reasons. I will just tell you the main reason , it is because of the constitutional convention. I know that it will be unnecessary if we will push those plans. I promise to put up those who are below, to the top so that we can achieve peace and prosperity. I will also utilize the citizens to become agents of change along with the government. Government is not the only one working to achieve the goals that we've set, the people also do. In my term, people will be  at the forefront of the New North. They're not only simply voters, they're destined to become leaders as well.

To put those in simple words, I will empower people's initiative. What this means, if the people calls for something, they need to meet the number of signatures needed in order for it to be put in the ballot. We can't simply make the government meddle with everything, we need to empower the society to indirectly participate in government activities. The people's initiative can make our region a stabilized and a new one, gearing towards a New North.

I also utilized my short stint in the gubernatorial post to see how I will make the new assembly working together with the people and the government as a whole. I see that it is not party lines that will make them work, it is teamwork that will make all things go forward. I have a party, but I will make sure that I will be open to all people regardless of party label. Others see me as an inactive governor, but as I've said, most things became impossible to push through because of the constitutional convention. It is not a bad thing, although it gave me time to think of what will the new region needs the most. And as I'm speaking now, I know that people empowerment is what the people need. Transparency is the answer. It's not only I who will lead the North towards the New North, but all of us will have a chance to become agents of change.

We will never leave people behind, we will put them up in order for them to feel also what will be the New North soon, if you will make the right choice. Thank You and May God bless Atlasia and the New North!
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »

Can I answer by Wednesday morning, est? I've been very busy in RL
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »

About the tax plans, here is something that I can offer at this point. Income tax brackets

$0-$24,999: 0%
$25,000-$35,999: 6.5%
$36,000-$49,999: 13%
$50,000-$69,999: 17%
$70,000-$124,999: 27%
$125,000-$179,999: 28%
$180,000-$254,999: 30%
$255,000-$339,999: 31%
$340,000-$489,999: 33%
$490,000-$999,999: 34%
$1,000,000-$4,999,999: 36%
$5,000,000-$9,999,999: 37%
$10,000,000+: 40%
My position is mostly the same with Mr. Kingpoleon

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would like the capital to remain in New York City. Why? Because most of the government facilities are there (for the previous Northeast region) and it would be useless if they go to waste. Starting over doesn't mean that we should start from scratch. We can always use the old facilities and improve them Smiley Although I'll stand / respect with the decision of our people in this weekend's election. And as my fellow Committee-mate Kingpoleon said, it is all about ideology that they want something different
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »

I'll answer first the polygamy question

No. Straight no for those civilly wed. But as governor, I may recognize those who are wed by religion (if the religion allows polygamy and plural marriage)
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 05:25:30 AM »

Next question (though the debate on polygamy can continue and RGN can still answer that question concurrently with this one):

After the reset, drugs are largely illegal in Atlasia.  What is your position on drug legalization?  Should all drugs be legal or just some?  Do you support full marijuana legalization, legalization of medical marijuana or keeping marijuana illegal?  And if you want to keep some drugs illegal, what should be the penalty for possession and sale?
Not all legal. My vision is to put in each hospital a section that will determine: if a person requested for medical drugs (e.g. medical marijuana), he or she must be qualified for it. He/She must undergo tests before he/she will be given that drug that can be classified as illegal. I don't want to see "recreational drugs (this includes recreational pot/marijuana)" in the North. I support legalization of medicinal marijuana as well as other medical drugs, as well as, stricter measures for qualification.  Possession and sale of recreational drugs, as well as other illegal drugs can lead to imprisonment, forced rehab, and other heavy penalties.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

I'll be posting the rest of the unanswered questions by tomorrow morning
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies