August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:42:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: August 2016 North Gubernatorial Debate  (Read 1153 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »

Kingpoleon has asked me to host a gubernatorial debate, with whatever rules I decide.  So far, Flo has agreed.  I have yet to hear from RGN, but assume he will take part.

In the interests of time, the debate will start today with opening statements.  After that, we will proceed to questions.  Each candidate will have 1 day to respond to the question or questions in each round.  They will also have the ability to rebut their opponents during that period as they see fit.  We will then proceed to additional questions.  Since this is the first gubernatorial term of the new North, I expect to have many questions.

Kingpoleon, Flo and RGN, please make your opening statements.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »

Thank you for your opening statements. 

Question 1: With a clean slate in Atlasia and the North, the next governor will have the opportunity to set initial policies in many areas, including taxation.  What is your tax plan?  What types of taxes will you impose, and which will you decide not to impose?  Please be specific.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »

I will give Flo and RGN until 7PM Eastern tomorrow to answer the tax question.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

Can I answer by Wednesday morning, est? I've been very busy in RL

You and Flo can certainly answer the question after tonight, if you so wish, but I will ask another question after 7PM.  Please try to answer both.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:35:33 PM »

Next question: 

What should be the capital of the North?  Why?  Or do you decline to take a position on the upcoming referendum?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »

I'm going to give RGN until 8PM tomorrow to answer the questions on the floor before I ask my next question.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »

Thank you for your answers.  My next question is:

Many regions before the reset legalized polygamy and plural marriage.  After the reset, those are illegal, at least for now.  What is your position on legalizing polygamy and plural marriage?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »

Next question (though the debate on polygamy can continue and RGN can still answer that question concurrently with this one):

After the reset, drugs are largely illegal in Atlasia.  What is your position on drug legalization?  Should all drugs be legal or just some?  Do you support full marijuana legalization, legalization of medical marijuana or keeping marijuana illegal?  And if you want to keep some drugs illegal, what should be the penalty for possession and sale?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »

Next question:

What do you think the role of the North should be in setting health care policy?  Should this be left to Nyman, or should the North have its own health care policy?  If the North should set its own policy, what should that policy be?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »

Next question:  What is your opinion of the NMEA (Northern Mideastern Alliance) in general, and their continued fight to move the capital, in particular?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »

I'll be posting the rest of the unanswered questions by tomorrow morning

At that time, you can also make your closing statement.  Other candidates may make their closing statement at their earliest possible convenience.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies