Pick one of these Republican seats to go Democratic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:53:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pick one of these Republican seats to go Democratic
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Florida (D)

Ohio (D)

Pennsylvania (D)

Florida (R)

Ohio (R)

Pennsylvania (R)

Florida (I/O)

Ohio (I/O)

Pennsylvania (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Pick one of these Republican seats to go Democratic  (Read 646 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »

Democrats: If you could choose one of these seats as a pick-up (the other two would be Republican holds,) which one would you choose?

Republicans: If you had to concede one of these races (knowing the other two incumbents would hold on,) which one would you give up?

Independents: Pick one race to go Democratic, while the other two go Republican.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:28:40 PM »

Florida just so I don't have to deal with more Rubio spam from the media over the next 4/8/10/20 years.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »

Florida just so I don't have to deal with more Rubio spam from the media over the next 4/8/10/20 years.

This, easily.

I don't have anything especially against Portman and I'm still frustrated with the PA Dems for trashing Sestak, so knocking out Rubio would be best.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:17:28 AM »

Obviously I would not like any of those three states to have two Democratic Senators, but if I had to concede one, Ohio. A Brown/Strickland duo (to me) is just bluh, but at least Strickland is 75 (would likely serve only one or two terms). Murphy is only 33, and could become entrenched, maybe even President Pro Tempore. I really don't want him to win.
The race I really want to concede is New Hampshire. I hope Ayotte goes down in flames and loses by double digits so the NRSC learns to never, ever, EVER pretend that East Vermont is competitive.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:24:14 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 01:27:05 AM by Ogre Mage »

Florida is the largest state of the three and its demographics are shifting in the Democratic Party's favor, whereas I am not sure that is true in the case of Ohio and Pennsylvania.  So I would say getting that seat is most strategically important for us.

In addition, Rubio's embrace of the vile Donald Trump has been particularly nauseating.  His statement that Trump will develop more fully thought-out policy positions on the job made me want to vomit.  His sniveling cravenness knows no bounds.  
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 05:11:57 AM »

Florida is the largest state of the three and its demographics are shifting in the Democratic Party's favor, whereas I am not sure that is true in the case of Ohio and Pennsylvania.  So I would say getting that seat is most strategically important for us.

In addition, Rubio's embrace of the vile Donald Trump has been particularly nauseating.  His statement that Trump will develop more fully thought-out policy positions on the job made me want to vomit.  His sniveling cravenness knows no bounds.  
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 10:07:17 AM »

Florida, because I hate Rubio (or at least his hype) way more than Portman or Toomey.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »

Voted Florida because it'd be funny to see Rubio humiliated.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »

Voted Florida because it'd be funny to see Rubio humiliated.

This, and it'd be funny to laugh at Blue-avvie tears [would be rather cathartic after 2014] and watch the latte liberals try to process the FL Dems actually winning at something.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 01:06:50 PM »

I went with PA, partly because I'm from there and partly because Strickland is old and Murphy is an unimpressive candidate (though McGinty is too). I also think Toomey is to the right of Portman, so for me this question pretty much comes down to PA and FL.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »

Ohio, with a heavy heart.  I like Portman's stance on social issues, but he is the most easily replaceable.  I would never turn my back on Marco.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies