Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Who do you save?
Adolf Hitler

The gorilla

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1.  (Read 6074 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 02:19:23 PM »

Which one is the fiscal conservative and which one is the social conservative? That will play a role.

Western Hitler is more fiscally conservative, while eastern Hitler is more socially conservative.

and the gorilla is SOCIAL LIBERAL, FISCLA CONSREVERVTVE!!!!

Like me lol
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »

If five hitlers and one gorilla are tied to the train tracks and you can throw an infertile fat gorilla to stop the train, would you do so?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »

I'd risk my life for neither.  If there was no risk to myself, the gorilla.  I wouldn't save Hitler if I could save both.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »

I'd risk my life for neither.  If there was no risk to myself, the gorilla.  I wouldn't save Hitler if I could save both.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 03:11:07 PM »

If five hitlers and one gorilla are tied to the train tracks and you can throw an infertile fat gorilla to stop the train, would you do so?

Is time travel the reason for multiple Hitlers being there at once?  If so, then why save the Hitlers?  You know they'll be fine, since they have to go back in time to replicate themselves.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 04:15:09 PM »

Is time travel the reason for multiple Hitlers being there at once?  If so, then why save the Hitlers?  You know they'll be fine, since they have to go back in time to replicate themselves.

What if time travel was invented specifically to produce multiple Hitlers? If so, would you travel back in time to prevent time travel from being invented, even if this means throwing a gorilla into a river?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 04:39:11 PM »

There are multiple Hitlers because Dave Leip required them as moderators.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 04:55:08 PM »

Which one is the fiscal conservative and which one is the social conservative? That will play a role.

Western Hitler is more fiscally conservative, while eastern Hitler is more socially conservative.

Like me lol

Now that's what I call a 'Red Tory'!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

Like me lol

Now that's what I call a 'Red Tory'!

HOW GISCARDIAN!
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »

This isn't the exact same question, but who would you save - A) Hitler or B) a person with an IQ score of 0-30?

For me, it's obviously the second person, at least knowing what Hitler is capable of. 

Is he capable of living a richer, more reflective, more human, more meaningful life with a broader range of thoughts and emotions.?  Sure.  but I don't care, because he is evil.  F*** him.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 05:31:31 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 05:33:17 PM by who, unfortunately, did. »

This isn't the exact same question, but who would you save - A) Hitler or B) a person with an IQ score of 0-30?

For me, it's obviously the second person, at least knowing what Hitler is capable of. 

Is he capable of living a richer, more reflective, more human, more meaningful life with a broader range of thoughts and emotions.?  Sure.  but I don't care, because he is evil.  F*** him.

This is an excellent proxy question for 'so just how much of a eugenicist are you'?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »

Narrowly BRTD over Hitler.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 06:10:54 PM »

What if time travel was invented specifically to produce multiple Hitlers? If so, would you travel back in time to prevent time travel from being invented, even if this means throwing a gorilla into a river?

Throwing a gorilla into a river sounds pretty fun, so I'd do that regardless.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 06:12:59 PM »

There are multiple Hitlers because Dave Leip required them as moderators.

If the Hitlers are moderators, then no, I'm not saving them.  Though might the fat infertile gorilla not also be a mod?  Seems like a no-win scenario.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »

Generally human life takes precedence over animal life, but this is an exception. I wouldn't save Hitler even if I could save both.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »

I would save baby Hitler, but not teenage and up Hitler.
dax00

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »

Neither. I simply wouldn't be interested. If I had to save one, it'd probably be Hitler, for I could have him tied up and ransomed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2016, 01:46:39 AM »

Obviously Hitler, so I could get rich and famous off of discovering someone who history had previously believed to be long since dead.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 06:49:05 AM »

What if it's all taking place in some bizzarro universe, where Hitler is just a random, innocent dude, while a gorilla leads a totalitarian state?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »

Wait, is Tony saying that if Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was captured and arrested, he'd choose to save his life over that of an innocent animal's?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »

Wait, is Tony saying that if Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was captured and arrested, he'd choose to save his life over that of an innocent animal's?

Are you saying that if he was captured we should just kill him? I thought you were against the death penalty.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2016, 08:55:21 AM »

What's the heck is wrong with you? Of course! Who wouldn't?! A basic human right.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »

Are you saying that if he was captured we should just kill him? I thought you were against the death penalty.

No I wouldn't execute him, but I wouldn't exactly lift a finger to save him either. And yeah, I sure as hell would rather save my parents' beloved cat that I also grew up with rather than him. I assume you've seen Batman Begins right? Think of what Batman says and does to the villain at the end.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »

Actually a plausible implementation of the human vs. animal life issue here is with poaching. For example in India and South Africa, it's legal to use deadly force against poachers if needed to save any animals. I don't disagree with that.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »

Yes, but isn't Hitler a Reagan Democrat?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies