The Fremont Senate Debate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:46:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Fremont Senate Debate!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fremont Senate Debate!  (Read 214 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »

The Fremont Senate Debate - Hosted By The Atlasian Update!

Welcome to the Fremont Senate Debate. We are here with Fmr. Senator Cris and Fmr. Senator Potus to bring you their answers to Atlasian's hottest questions.

Gentlemen, I will ask you both to give your introductory statements in a timely and orderly fashion within 24 hours. After which we will move onto a round of questioning and then your concluding statements.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

Thank you all. Thank you to the Update for hosting this event. Thank you to the many folks who have privately expressed their support for this campaign. Thanks to those who have done so publicly as well.

Atlasia as a whole, but Fremont especially, has a choice to make. Do we want a future with big ideas and bold leadership or do we want a future of pettiness, small-thinking, and purposelessness?

We have been afforded a truly remarkable opportunity with the passage of the new Constitution. We will have many, many debates in the months ahead on issues ranging from taxation, healthcare, and education to matters of values and foreign policy. All of these conversations must be informed by a steady hand with a commitment to making ideas work. I put myself before you to be that steady hand.

My personal policy preferences are right-of-center. I'm a conservative, there is no denying that. I believe that modest government spending coupled with low taxes and a commitment to free enterprise lifts up everyone. I firmly believe in the power of hard work and big dreams, those are the things that have made our country great. I believe that our society functions best when it is guarded by strong laws, respect for others, and institutions like the two-parent family. I believe that the Constitution is a document so many gave so much time, effort, and energy to create and should, therefore, be safeguarded against political whims. It is a document that should remain intact, an anchor of stability in an uncertain time.

Beyond ideology, however, I am running for something me. Our country has seem some very dark times. We have seen highs and lows. The only thing that has reliably pulled us back from the brink is good people. Folks who are willing to put what they have into the country and try to make it work. Personally, I'm not an expert on the frills of game reform, things like how we pick the cabinet and the virtues of bicameralism. I'm not an expert on those things. However, I personally believe we have enough of those. We have people in this country who gave us a new government, we should be set on the structural conversation for a while.

I believe that by sending me to Nyman, we can ratchet up the dialogue and substance in the Senate and House. This is something that is sorely needed. I hope you'll join me in bringing that substantial, policy-driven conversation to the Senate. I will do my best to make you proud. Thank you so much.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:20:45 PM »

I'd like to thank Representative NeverAgain and The Atlasian Update for hosting this debate and my opponent Mr. Potus for partecipating.

My fellow citizens of Fremont, our game is now reformed. There are three regions instead of five, there is a Congress, the federal and regional governments are finally working well, activity is highly risen. 

Now that the process of reform is officially achieved, we have to play this game. We need activity, enthusiasm, experience and the right leadership in the Senate and I have a strong record on all of these things.

I had been one of the main promoters of a Constitutional Convention, even when taking enough signatures seemed impossible and many people tought it would never happen.  During this period of transformation, I have served as Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention (for the first period), leading the process to draft a new Constitution, and as Speaker of the Senate, always being active and showing the right leadership while the federal government was highly inactive.

My enthusiasm on Atlasia is still very high, like my first day here. I think the way I've always ran my campaigns and the way I'm running my campaign are clear examples of that.

I guarantee to you that I'll be your independent voice in Nyman. I'll not stand up to partisanship, but I'll stand for what's right for the people of Fremont. I'll seek dialogue with every of my colleagues, I'll fight for common sense solutions. When there will be a bill or an amendment I disagree on, I'll work to improve it. I'll update the people of Fremont on all my votes in office, and I'll be open to all the contributions and advices from the people of Fremont, both public and privately.

During the Constitutional Convention, I advocated in favour of more powers to the regions and I stand on my position. I think Congress should focus on some specific issues, while leaving the regions the right to establish their own rules and laws on the remaining issues.
Let me say what are the issues Congress shall work on: game reform, some economic policy issues like budget, foreign policy, expanding opportunities for Atlasians, make our country safe. I look forward to express my positions and ideas on all of these issues and on other issues that matters to Atlasians during this debate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies