Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2017, 01:59:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, Virginia)
| | |-+  New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread  (Read 10233 times)
Representative OG1J
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:08 am »
Ignore

This is relevant I believe (Quinnipiac):

1. If the election for Mayor were being held today, and the candidates were Bill de Blasio the Democrat, and Paul Massey the Republican, for whom would you vote?

Total:    Bronx     Kings      Man       Qns     St.Isl
de Blasio:  63%      68%       62%        72%      59%  44%
Massey:     21%      17%       21%        13%      24%  40%

2. If the election for Mayor were being held today, and the candidates were Bill de Blasio the Democrat, and Nicole Malliotakis the Republican, for whom would you vote?
              Total:      Brnx     Kings     Man     Qns      St.Isl
de Blasio:  64%    71%    61%      74%    58%         43%
Malliotakis: 21%   15%    21%     13%    25%          46%

6. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Bill de Blasio is handling his job as Mayor?

Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 34%

Tintrlvr
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2017, 09:54:52 am »
Ignore

I'm a little surprised that de Blasio's approval rating is that high, to be honest, but he'll win the vote of a lot of people who disapprove. As the poll suggests, the final result should be de Blasio winning somewhere between 65 and 70% of the vote unless something substantial changes (including a new GOP candidate and not a sacrificial lamb like Malliotakis or, even worse, Massey).
Representative OG1J
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2017, 10:50:25 am »
Ignore

I'm a little surprised that de Blasio's approval rating is that high, to be honest, but he'll win the vote of a lot of people who disapprove. As the poll suggests, the final result should be de Blasio winning somewhere between 65 and 70% of the vote unless something substantial changes (including a new GOP candidate and not a sacrificial lamb like Malliotakis or, even worse, Massey).

Yeah. This is my first time following NYC politics and from what nearly everyone on this site was saying I thought de Blasio would be in more trouble than this. I also find it interesting how he holds up in Staten Island against Massey.
bronz4141
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:57 am »
Ignore

Yeah. This is my first time following NYC politics and from what nearly everyone on this site was saying I thought de Blasio would be in more trouble than this. I also find it interesting how he holds up in Staten Island against Massey.

Massey is a carpetbagger who doesn't understand NYC politics. He'll win the wealthy Northern Bronx and Forest Hills, and some wealthy NYC conservative areas, but that's about it.
Tintrlvr
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2017, 12:20:56 pm »
Ignore

Well, it's clear now and has been for at least the past three-four months (I live in NYC) that de Blasio is going to win reelection. The opportunity for a significant challenge in the Democratic primary passed around January (the last chance was if Clinton had decided to throw her hat in, but by the time she was being discussed, no one else was a threat to de Blasio and she was only a threat because of her enormous presence), and the Republicans never had much chance of unseating him, even when he was quite unpopular, without at the least a divisive Democratic primary and a much stronger candidate than a random Staten Island Assemblywoman or random rich people. That said, I don't have the impression that he has become popular, more that people don't feel as passionately negatively about him as they used to. And I'm sure the Democrats are experiencing some rally-round-the-flag effects in the Trump era also.

The final result will look about like 2013, maybe slightly narrower.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:26:54 pm by Tintrlvr »Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout