New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:14:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread  (Read 34691 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2017, 04:23:41 PM »

Maliotakis seems like a great candidate (I do not know much about her though). It seems she will lose this handily, but does any new yorker see her as a potential candidate for higher office in NY in the future?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »

Perennial mayoral candidate Sal Albanese calls De Blasio a name.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/albanese-bill-de-blasio-is-the-biggest-a-hole-in-city-hall/

De Blasio is attacked in NYC for rushing to Hamburg, Germany to attend the G20 summit this week to discuss climate change, while the city has been mourning the death of a New York City police officer, Miosotis Familia, who was murdered by a cop killer.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/cop-killer-reportedly-warned-hospital-he-was-homicidal/
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »

Maliotakis seems like a great candidate (I do not know much about her though). It seems she will lose this handily, but does any new yorker see her as a potential candidate for higher office in NY in the future?

I'm not a New Yorker, but I usually travel around Staten Island since S.I. is near N.J., and she could potentially run for NY governor in 2022, 2026. She could run for NYC mayor again in 2021 since De Blasio will be reelected again, despite some mishaps. She will only win Staten Island. Queens, a close second, but very unlikely.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »

http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/albanese-bill-de-blasio-is-the-biggest-a-hole-in-city-hall/

De Blasio is attacked in NYC for rushing to Hamburg, Germany to attend the G20 summit this week to discuss climate change, while the city has been mourning the death of a New York City police officer, Miosotis Familia, who was murdered by a cop killer.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/cop-killer-reportedly-warned-hospital-he-was-homicidal/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/nyregion/de-blasio-makes-sudden-trip-to-trump-protests-at-g-20-summit.html

He's going to protest, not participate. There's a difference. I hope this hurts his chances because it is clearly a political ploy for media attention for national office.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/nyregion/de-blasio-makes-sudden-trip-to-trump-protests-at-g-20-summit.html

He's going to protest, not participate. There's a difference. I hope this hurts his chances because it is clearly a political ploy for media attention for national office.

De Blasio will likely be reelected. Malliotakis will keep it competitive, and Bo Dietl could appeal to angry white New Yorkers left in the city. No major New York City Democrat can emerge now like a Spitzer 2013 Comptroller run. Christine Quinn or Scott Stringer can do it, but maybe in 2021.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »

Petitioning season is over. No one else can access the ballot now. The field is set.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »

Why is de la Fuente a Republican all of a sudden?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »

I don't understand either.

He's looking to have some fun and because he figured it was easier to sneak in a mano a mano against BdB by being the GOP nominee.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »

He's looking to have some fun and because he figured it was easier to sneak in a mano a mano against BdB by being the GOP nominee.
He went from Democrat to starting his own party to Reform and now to Republican in the span of 2 years. He ran for president from California, the U.S. Senate in Florida, and now for Mayor of NYC all in the span of 2 years. Wondering why he decided to run as a republican is just the beginning of Fuente's craziness and inconsistency. I honestly have no clue where he really is from and what his actual beliefs are.   
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »

He went from Democrat to starting his own party to Reform and now to Republican in the span of 2 years. He ran for president from California, the U.S. Senate in Florida, and now for Mayor of NYC all in the span of 2 years. Wondering why he decided to run as a republican is just the beginning of Fuente's craziness and inconsistency. I honestly have no clue where he really is from and what his actual beliefs are.   
He said that he was fiscally conservative and opposed sanctuary cities to some random Republican voters and I was like wtf. I remember him calling himself a prpressive
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »

Scott Stringer endorsed Bill de Blasio today, shutting down any rumors of a run.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »

De Blasio and Stringer still have a rivalry, but they can get along since they are both Democrats.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/16/de-blasio-and-stringer-support-each-others-re-election-bids/

Had Stringer ran for mayor against De Blasio, he may have won Staten Island and Queens.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »

Scott Stringer endorsed Bill de Blasio today, shutting down any rumors of a run.

Far too late even if he wanted to. De Blasio seems set to cruise to victory.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »

Primary is in less than a month. Anyone think Albanese picking up steam?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »

Yes. I like him. He's not going to be mayor, he ran for mayor in 1997, 2001, and 2013, but Albanese should run for Congress against Dan Donovan, the former S.I. D.A. who allowed Eric Garner's killer walk free in 2014.

He'll do well in Staten Island and some parts of Brooklyn, but turnout will be very, very low on September 12.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2017, 07:52:33 AM »

Yes. I like him. He's not going to be mayor, he ran for mayor in 1997, 2001, and 2013, but Albanese should run for Congress against Dan Donovan, the former S.I. D.A. who allowed Eric Garner's killer walk free in 2014.

He'll do well in Staten Island and some parts of Brooklyn, but turnout will be very, very low on September 12.

DEB getting so much bad press lately, wouldn't be surprised if he does worse than thought
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »

DEB getting so much bad press lately, wouldn't be surprised if he does worse than thought

He may win the Democratic renomination by 30 points or less.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »

For obvious reasons, DeBlaiso never gets positive press coverage.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIfDLHon-c

Here is a link to the final NYC Democratic primary debate if anyone is interested in watching it.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »

I can assure that Albanese will win parts of Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, etc.

Albanese will beat De Blasio in the white ethnic Staten Island areas where De Blasio is very unpopular.

I can see Albanese doing well in places like Forest Hills, Kew Gardens (white ethnics and Jewish conservative areas).

Four years ago, September 2013, the Democratic mayoral primary was more intense post-Bloomberg (Quinn, De Blasio, Thompson, Weiner)

However, De Blasio did well with all groups because of the income inequality issue.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/bill-de-blasio-led-women-jewish-black-voters-article-1.1451832
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 11:58:05 AM by Tintrlvr »

I can assure that Albanese will win parts of Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, etc.

Albanese will beat De Blasio in the white ethnic Staten Island areas where De Blasio is very unpopular.

I can see Albanese doing well in places like Forest Hills, Kew Gardens (white ethnics and Jewish conservative areas).

Four years ago, September 2013, the Democratic mayoral primary was more intense post-Bloomberg (Quinn, De Blasio, Thompson, Weiner)

However, De Blasio did well with all groups because of the income inequality issue.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/bill-de-blasio-led-women-jewish-black-voters-article-1.1451832

Maybe, but you may not know much about Albanese's campaign. He's largely running to de Blasio's left, especially on housing issues (attacking de Blasio for being "in bed with big developers," etc.). Not as far to de Blasio's left as Gangi or Bashner, but definitely not campaigning against de Blasio from the right in the way that would be needed to run up the score on Staten Island. To the extent there is a candidate to the right of de Blasio, it's Tolkin, but he's not going to do particularly well anywhere and is a much more urbanist candidate than Albanese so would do better in wealthy liberal places like Park Slope or the UWS.

By far the more interesting and competitive race in NYC this primary day is the race for (the Democratic nomination for) Brooklyn DA.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »

DeBlasio won 74% of the primary vote; that's pretty impressive, even for an incumbent in a primary.  He's pretty much guaranteed re-election.  There is no Democrat of anywhere near equal stature on the ballot, and Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis (R-Staten Island) doesn't have the stature to wage a viable campaign against DeBlasio.  What it would take for DeBlasio to lose would be huge chunks of the Democratic Establishment in NYC endorsing Malliotakis and actively campaigning for her.  That's what happened with Rudy Giuliani and Michael Bloomberg, but it's not going to happen for a candidate with such minimal stature as Malliotakis (who may want to run for Governor or Lt. Governor). 
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »

Lets go Bo!

I think Bo will actually win more votes that Nicole Mallikositosis.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2017, 11:51:31 PM »

Lets go Bo!

I think Bo will actually win more votes that Nicole Mallikositosis.

Anytime I see him I think of Arby's
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »

Staten Island is the most politically conservative borough in NYC.

Yet, Albanese ran as a left-wing Democrat, but a good government liberal.

Staten Island Democrats love Albanese!

I tell you, Albanese should run for Congress against Donovan or Grimm.

Albanese would win.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/2017-primary-results-who-won-where/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies