New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:07:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread  (Read 34786 times)
Duke of York

« on: March 17, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »

Anywhere where the GOP might pick up a city council seat? Having 3/51 is pretty abysmal
Yes. Elizabeth Crowley could lose. James Vacca's vacant seat could go Republican.
What makes you think Crowley could lose? She won by 17 points last time and why Vacca's seat. Granted he's term limited by why that seat?
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »

Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis (R-Staten Island), a white ethnic Republican Greek woman, is considering running for mayor if businessman and fellow Greek, John Catsimidis decides not to run.

http://www.silive.com/news/2017/04/malliotakis_ill_run_for_mayor.html

She'd easily be the best candidate for the GOP. Not that any of them will win but still

I don't doubt she would be the best candidate but i haven't really heard anything about her running other than a few news stories and I she might make it close but i don't think she'd win.
Duke of York

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »

Malliotakis just announced she will be a candidate.

source please? and how likely is it she gets the nomination?
Duke of York

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

I think it's possible that de Blasio underperforms but I can see, anecdotally, that the Mayor's race is not as sleepy as it is portrayed in the news. There is heavy campaigning from de Blasio, Malliotakis, Dietl etc. camps and there are also key County Executive, etc. races in Nassau, Westchester, etc. Making it more interesting, the Constitutional Convention ballot proposal means that unions, etc. are mobilizing voters as well.

Its still extremely unlikely De Blasio loses. Polls have shown him with 60 percent of the vote. Are there any city council races republicans could gain?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies