The Atlasia We Deserve- The Labor Campaign for the House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:45:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia We Deserve- The Labor Campaign for the House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia We Deserve- The Labor Campaign for the House  (Read 780 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »

The Atlasia We Deserve: The Labor Campaign for the House

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 05:55:54 PM »

Atlasia Can Do Better Than This

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »

Federalist Candidate Santander discusses House Leadership 

The current Congress is a disgrace, with massive inactivity, low-quality legislation, and virtually no serious debate.

Low Quality Legislation? Just like this abortion bill that the federalists have simply filled with vague, and outdated phrases to make it even harder for a woman to get a safe, and legal abortion.

Massive Inactivity? The House federalists delayed the start of the select committees to have a vote on who chaired the committee, rather than actually debating policy

No serious debate? On the Islamic Brotherhood bill not a single federalist objected to the weak evidence put forward; we've seen this countless other times in the House. The federalists simply aren't up to the job of running the House.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:52:31 PM »

The House federalists delayed the start of the select committees to have a vote on who chaired the committee, rather than actually debating policy

That was not a team effort--one Federalist dissented while myself and Tmth publicly expressed disagreement with his tactics.

We're not engaging in obstructionism--the failures of the House aren't due to certain actions being taken, but rather sharp levels of inaction. Something that, I might add, is shared by most Labor Representatives.

Given the efforts me and Tmth have put in behind the scenes to get Congress active, and the hair we've pulled out when it's been inactive, it's simply not accurate to put the blame on the Federalist party.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:56:20 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 12:58:11 AM by Labor Whip and Representative NeverAgain »

Rep. NeverAgain: "The Time For Choosing"

Gentlemen, Ladies. As Senator Blair just mentioned we are faced with a choice. We have seen what these past months of Federalist leadership have presented us with, we have seen inactivity on both sides and have seen the impact of legislators not pulling their weight. But we now are faced with a choice. I do not believe this election is about Federalist or Laborite, conservative or liberal, but whom can bring about the change that Atlasia so desperately needs.

I want to first speak of the great accomplishments that both we Laborites and Federalists have worked on so hard. We have established rights for LGBTQ Atlasians, and have passed new counterfeit measures for our currency. All of this comes from the stubbornness of Atlasia to get things done, but also from the people holding their legislators' feet to the fire on these pressing issues. I feel that we must hold our legislators' feet to the fire in this election by voting for those who can get things done.

I, first think it best to commend those across the partisan aisle for their tireless work. If not for the work of Senator Tmth, and the President, I don't think we could get a lot of what we needed to do done. But some in their party have attempted to undermine the progress that we try so interminably to push for. That is why we have nominated five great candidates who are going to be active, stay active, and fight for the working peoples' of this great nation.

1184AZ, a progressive champion who transformed the old Census Bureau into a new thriving system and moved it to the beautiful West Coast. He now sits on the Fremont Assembly fighting for the rights of working families and never standing down for what he believes in.

Clyde, a man who needs no introduction. A Northerner, through and through, he is second to no one on the polling the people for their ideas and caring about the issues that will push Atlasia forward. Clyde as an almost 2-year veteran knows how to get things done and will never stop fighting for progressive policies. He has a track record of legislative successes like The Green Energy Rebate Act, which gave rebates to businesses or individuals who per kilowatt of renewable energy generated, and the Free Bus Passes for Pensioners Act, which gave pensioners free access to our public transport network.

Evergreen, the real strong woman of the game. She will fight as hard as she can for what she knows to be the very best for Atlasian working families. She has already been one of the most active members of the Congress and has passed a highly approved of a bipartisan bill for LGBTQ Atlasians. She knows what she's doing and she represents one of Atlasia's finest legislators ever to come on the face of this Congress.

Peebs is one of the best new players this game has seen. She has time after time proven herself effective as an administrator and as a much-needed addition to this game. Peebs in her first few days of playing has taken on jobs as both Registrar General AND as a Delegate to her (and our) region's Assembly, now she replaces DKrol and serves with us in the House. I am so happy she is here to bring fresh new blood to this game and I am so excited to see what she'll do next.

Well, I guess that leaves me. I am here to make my perennial fight for working families in the South, and in the rest of our great nation. I am so proud of what we have accomplished but I am so electrified because I know what we can accomplish. I know what we all do, that if we work together we can accomplish so much. And so I ask you to join us in our next battle for what innovations we can and we will accomplish!

Thank you, and God Bless Atlasia and her people!

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 05:23:56 PM by Secretary of State Truman »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »

The House federalists delayed the start of the select committees to have a vote on who chaired the committee, rather than actually debating policy

That was not a team effort--one Federalist dissented while myself and Tmth publicly expressed disagreement with his tactics.

We're not engaging in obstructionism--the failures of the House aren't due to certain actions being taken, but rather sharp levels of inaction. Something that, I might add, is shared by most Labor Representatives.

Given the efforts me and Tmth have put in behind the scenes to get Congress active, and the hair we've pulled out when it's been inactive, it's simply not accurate to put the blame on the Federalist party.

So will you, and other Federalists be voting for JCL despite his antics?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »

Cross-posting this excellent speech by 1184AZ (Lab-WA):

Stronger Leadership Stronger Atlasia

With Atlasia starting a great rebuild under the new fourth Constitution as well as facing an activity crisis, we need stronger leadership from our Federal Government. 

1.As a member of the Fremont constitution committee, I along with TedBessel spearheaded the project of creating the new constitution. I personally was responsible with constructing the framework of Fremont's new Constitution. As a private citizen I have played an active roll with helping construct legislation, including writing section 7 into the LGBTQ+ Rights Act, and constructing the framework for the  Atlasian Death With Dignity Act. As a member of the House, I would continue to show a high level of leadership putting Atlasia first!

2. Despite running a plan of putting Atlasia first the Federalist party has failed to put Atlasia first. As speaker Clark Kent allowed several proposed bills waiting for days before introducing them.  Several Federalists have played a lazier Fair role in the house adding little to debate, only voting on legislation  if they do that at all. Finally several bills proposed by Federalist have been of poor quality, the Muslim Brotherhood bill made several structural errors making reference to various amounts of currency. The National Right to Life Act lacks general clarity for some sections. Atlasia deserves better.

Only Labor will put Atlasia First!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 11:49:06 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 11:50:40 AM by Clyde1998 »

Friends, this election is about who can turn this nation around, who can lead the country through the early phases of a new constitution. Labour can bring about changes that Atlasia needs. We need a strong group in our Federal Government to give us a platform so that we can solve the issue of inactivity, while taking the country forward - seeking progressive policies that benefit all.

I was a representative in the former Northeast Assembly for around a year, working with people from all sides of the political spectrum to pursue policies that benefit all. This will continue, if I'm elected to the House and I'm sure that all Labour candidates will do the same. I will seek to introduce bills related to the policy list that I released for the Northern Assembly election.

I ask you to support me and my fellow Labour candidates. Atlasia needs a House capable of leading the nation and we will deliver for a stronger Atlasia.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 07:25:34 AM »

From the luxury of my Hotel Room I'm over the moon that Labor was able to have such a good result and take back control of the House. The voters of Atlasia have spoken- they want a party that can govern, a party that rises above factional issues and a party that will be active in government.

We will not let the voters of this fine land down
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies