Office of Andrew Jacobs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:02:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Andrew Jacobs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What Issues Should I Focus On In The North Assembly?
Education

Immigration

Taxes & Economy

The Budget

Gun Control/Gun Rights

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Office of Andrew Jacobs  (Read 2376 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »

You have reached the office of Andrew Jacobs, a Federalist from Connecticut.  At the moment, nobody's available to take your call.  If you care to leave a message, along with the date and time you called, Mr. Jacobs or a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.  Thanks for calling our office, and have a most stimulating day.  Wink
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »

:: beep :: 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:06:25 PM »

From the Desk of Mr. Andrew Jacobs

My fellow Atlasians,

After spending many weeks and months considering my prospects, I have decided to launch a campaign to be elected to the Northern Assembly.  A general policy speech, along with discussion of some of the issues, will be forthcoming in the next couple of days.  For now, I urge you to register to vote if you haven't already.  Remember, your vote is your voice...let it be heard.  Thank you for your time, and God bless Atlasia. 

Sincerely,

Andrew Jacobs
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »

Ah, FairBol. What a suprise to see you here.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

I know....you can take the man out of government sims, but not the government sim out of the man, I guess...LOL.  Name doesn't ring a bell, who might you be again?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »

You're under arrest.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »

From the Desk of Mr. Andrew Jacobs, F-CT

My fellow Atlasians,

As you may have heard, I have decided to run for a seat in the Northern Assembly.  This will be a difficult undertaking, but I believe that with your help, we can make a difference in our government.  It is my strong belief that "government is best that governs least".  Now, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, it is not my intent to abolish the government.  Rather, it is "to make it work"...for us.  Our elected representatives seem to have forgotten that it is not the people who work for them; it's they who work for the people.  

My friends, I wish to bring back the attitude of "liberty and justice for all".  That means entrusting the people of the North to make their own decisions, and respecting their voices.  I am Connecticut's "Constitutional Conservative", which means that I believe in the God-given rights that are inscribed in the Atlasian Constitution.  I will always be committed to defending, and protecting, these rights.  Today, I ask for your support in the upcoming election.  If we stand together, we can create a brighter future for the North, and all of Atlas.  Thank you very much for listening, and God bless Atlas. 

Sincerely,

Andrew Jacobs
FairBol
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »

I'm WHAT? For what, pray tell? LOL.  Wink
FairBol
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »

Some of Andrew Jacobs' Positions (speeches to come later)Sad

//Abortion
[ ] Full reproductive rights for women! Only appoint pro-choice judges to the Supreme Court,
and extend abortion rights! (FL)
[ ] Unrestricted access to abortions. (L)
[ ] Legal abortions in the first two trimesters for the mother's health. (CL)
[ ] Legal abortions in the first trimester for the mother's health. (C)
[X] No legal abortions, except to save the mother's life, rape, or incest. Ban partial-birth abortions. (CR)
[ ] No legal abortions. (R)

//Affirmative Action
[ ] Make all federal agencies follow strict quotas. (L)
[ ] Diversity is a compelling reason for affirmative action. (CL)
[ ] The benefits of diversity can justify affirmative action. (C)
[X] Affirmative action programs only in certain cases. (CR)
[ ] Abolish all fderal affirmative action programs. (R)

//Balanced Budget
[ ] A deficit and debt is fine.  Focus on social programs, and how the government can better people's
lives. (FL)
[ ] Increase government spending on social programs.  A deficit is acceptable for longer term
gain, such as the New Deal. (L)
[ ] Focus on real priorities.  More funds for military and social programs. (CL)
[ ] Balance lowering the deficit with other priorities. (C)
[X] We need to curb spending in order to balance the budget.  Respect taxpayer's dollars. (CR)
[ ] A large decrease in federal spending.  A balanced budget amendment to ensure responsible fiscal management. (R)
[ ] Deficit spending should be outlawed as overall government spending is reduced to minimal levels. (FR)

//Business Tax
[ ] Significantly increase business taxation. (L)
[ ] Increase business taxation. (CL)
[ ] Businesses are taxed the right amount. (C)
[X] Reduce business taxation. (CR)
[ ] Significantly reduce business taxation. (R)

//Campaign Finance Reform
[ ] Elections are rigged for the two parties - we need major reform! (L)
[ ] We need to significantly reduce corporate donations. (CL)
[X] We need to put more power into smaller donors' hands. (C)
[ ] The McCain/Feingold bill is sufficient. (CR)
[ ] No campaign finance reform is needed. (R)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »

'

For illegaly occupying this office space.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »

I know....you can take the man out of government sims, but not the government sim out of the man, I guess...LOL.  Name doesn't ring a bell, who might you be again?

James from USG.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

You'll have to forgive me, but unless you are the legendary "James (Jamie) Cross", I'm still not placing you.  I've been at this for a while now, and don't remember everyone I've run across.  Sorry! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 06:03:00 PM »

More of Andrew Jacobs' Positions (speeches to come later)Sad

//Environment
[ ] The environment should be our first national priority.  Expand National Park system.  Large government programs. (FL)
[ ] The environment and global warming is a major concern.  Ratify Kyoto.  Increase environmental regulations, and pollution cleanup. (L)
[ ] We need to leave a healthy environment for our children. Work to reduce emissions and harmful toxins. Modified Kyoto. (CL)
[X] Balance environmental policies with sound economic policies. (C)
[ ] The environment is important. Find market based solutions to environmental problems. (CR)
[ ] Economic policies and priorities take precedence over environmental concerns. (R)
[ ] The environment is fine, we don't need to worry about it. (FR)

//Education
[ ] Completely public school system run by the state. Massive increase to funding. (FL)
[ ] No school vouchers, large increase to federal funding.  Modernize school system with more after-school programs. (L)
[ ] Make teachers accountable with performance based pay. Increase funding. Remain open to options such as charter schools. (CL)
[ ] Support public school system but allow room for vouchers. (C)
[ ] School vouchers for lower-income students. Privatize failing schools. Charter schools provide competition. (CR)
[X] Support school vouchers and charter schools. Reduce federal government's role in education. (R)
[ ] School vouchers for anyone.  Get the federal government out of education completely! (FR)

//Free Trade
[ ] Protect the American labor market. Punish companies that send jobs overseas & end free trade. (FL)
[ ] Increase taxes on companies that send jobs overseas. Free Trade must include labor and environmental conditions. (L)
[X] Consider new free trade deals carefully, and create incentives to keep jobs in America. (CL)
[ ] Free Trade is doing fine as is. The American corporate and labor culture is coping. (C)
[ ] Outsourcing is not a problem, it is part of a globalized world and helps America. Additional free trade agreements. (CR)
[ ] By outsourcing the U.S. frees up a lot of laborers to go on to better jobs. Global free trade would only help America. (R)
[ ] We need to encourage businesses to do whatever is necessary to generate profit. (FR)

//Gun Control
[ ] Ban all guns! (FL)
[ ] We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children. (L)
[ ] The right to bear arms, but only responsibly! Ban assault rifles, require registration/background checks. (CL)
[ ] Gun control is a state issue.  Responsible gun ownership is fine. (C)
[ ] We should be wary of gun control.  The Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms. (CR)
[X] Gun ownership is constitutionally protected.  Protect sportsmen's rights and the Second Amendment. (R)
[ ] The  Second Amendment is not negotiable! No restrictions on firearms! (FR)

//Same-Sex Marriage
[ ] Same-sex marriage is a fundamental human right. (FL)
[ ] Same-sex marriage is a constitutional right. (L)
[ ] Same-sex marriage, even if not in name.  However, state level efforts should also be supported. (CL)
[ ] Retain marriage as it is but explore civil unions. If the states want to pass same-sex marriage, let them. (C)
[X] Marriage is between a man and a woman, to the exclusion of all others. (CR)
[ ] Marriage is between a man and a woman.  Support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages. (R)
[ ] Homosexuals need to be treated for their condition. (FR)
FairBol
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »

From the Desk of Andrew Jacobs (F-CT)

Platform Speech: Taxes & Economy

My fellow Atlasians,

I'd like to take just a few moments to talk about the important issue of Atlasia's economy.  Every day, the citizens of the North pay exorbitant amounts in taxes.  The costs of everyday items have gone through the roof, and many families are finding it difficult to make ends meet.  Some are working two or three jobs, but still have very little money for basic necessities. It is my belief that we need to make large cuts to taxes across the board.  This way, people will have more money in their pockets.  That means more cash to purchase wanted and needed goods, and more dollars that will be re-invested in local businesses.  As your assemblyman, I will work hard to see that families have more money.  

Many of you may ask how we will manage to lower taxes with so many local programs needing funding.  The answer is a simple one; end the practice of runaway spending. There is a place for some government programs, but many others are unneeded wastes of taxpayer's money.  Non-essential programs should be eliminated so that we have more dollars for other, more important issues.  Excessive regulation should be curtailed, and the government should "live within its means".  If elected, I will institute common-sense policies that reduce the amount of red tape.  Continuing, I will also examine just what programs are worthy of support, and which are not needed.  

Also, we should support and encourage small businesses.  They are the lifeblood of our economy, creating good jobs and employing many valuable workers.  I believe that small businesses should have financial incentives to locate, and stay, in the North.  When small business works, our workforce works; when our workforce works, our economy works.  This is the meaning behind a quote by Calvin Coolidge; "the business of (Atlasia) is business".  As your assemblyman, you can count on me to ensure that there is a large supply of good jobs.  I will support sensible reforms to the tax code as well.

My friends, a vote for Andrew Jacobs in the upcoming election is a vote for greater prosperity for all.  When you go to the polls, remember to cast your vote for common-sense leadership.  Vote for me, Andrew Jacobs, for Northern Assembly.  Thank you very much, and God bless Atlasia.  
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »

Endorsed. You're more than welcome to use the Coolidge Society offices if you so choose.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

You'll have to forgive me, but unless you are the legendary "James (Jamie) Cross", I'm still not placing you.  I've been at this for a while now, and don't remember everyone I've run across.  Sorry! Smiley

Oh, I wish I could be as good as Cross. I'm James. I was your Party Chair the last time you played.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 09:18:25 PM »

Endorsed. You're more than welcome to use the Coolidge Society offices if you so choose.

Thank you very much for your support, JCL! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »

Oh, I wish I could be as good as Cross. I'm James. I was your Party Chair the last time you played.

Ah, now I get it, LOL.  Nice to see you again! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 12:59:20 PM »

Jacobs Makes Brief Comments on Proposed Northern Constitution

My Friends,

In about a day or two, voting will begin on the question of whether to ratify a proposed Constitution for the Northern Region.  The proposal is well-written, and includes the declaration of such essential rights as the right to peaceful assemblies.  However, after studying the proposal in its entirety, I find that I cannot support its ratification as written.  I have serious concerns about several parts of this Constitution, including Section 15 of the Declaration of Rights, which deals with identification of voters.  As such, I have submitted amendments to these sections of the text.  If they are found to be in order, and pass the convention, I will wholeheartedly support the enactment of the proposed Northern Region Constitution.  However, I believe that some changes need to be made.  I hope that the voters will understand my concerns, and take a good, hard look at the ratification of this bill.  Thank you, and God bless Atlasia. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »

Mr. Jacobs,

You've been evicted from the office space you were using illegally and all your belongins stored there confiscated.

Have a nice day Smiley
Police Department.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »

OK, thanks.  Please don't spam my thread. 
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

OK, thanks.  Please don't spam my thread. 
He's the Game Moderator - interrupting public events with crisis scenarios is part of his job.

Anyways, it's great to see new members taking an active part in the game. Best of luck!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »

Well, local authorities concluded you can have that damn space back.

Thanks,
The Police
FairBol
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:05 PM »

Yet More Positions of Andrew Jacobs (F-CT):

//Immigration
[ ] Completely open borders. Try to obtain global citizenship. (FL)
[ ] Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full
blanket-amnesty.(L)
[ ] Legal immigration is great.  Support guest-worker program for illegals and amnesty. (CL)
[ ] Enforce current laws and tighten border security, but allow room for a guest-worker program. (C)
[ ] Illegal immigration is a serious problem. Tighten border security. Reform immigration laws. (CR)
[X] Tighten border security with stricter immigration enforcement provisions. Deport illegal immigrants. (R)
[ ] Stop all immigration completely.  Deport illegal aliens, and build massive security fence on Mexican and Canadian
borders.

//Military Funding
[ ] Defense spending should be reduced so as to focus on other things. No overseas deployments. (FL)
[ ] The armed forces are using too great a percentage of the budget. Cancel unneeded future weapons systems. (L)
[ ] Reorganize the armed forces to deal with modern threats. More ground forces and less emphasis on air & naval assets. (CL)
[ ] The military is in a solid position right now, but could use additional ground forces. (C)
[X] The military needs additional funding, but not all future and current weapon systems are required. (CR)
[ ] The military requires a major expansion in capability to deal with potential conflicts with Russia and Iran. (R)
[ ] The armed forces must be capable of fighting a multiple-front war, including engaging with China. (FR)

//Military Intervention
[ ] Remove all U.S. troops from foreign soil. No intervention! Our military need never be used. (FL)
[ ] Military intervention is another way of saying 'empire building'. (L)
[ ] For humanitarian causes or if we are attacked. (CL)
[ ] Only if we are attacked should we retaliate. War is okay to stop ethnic cleansing.(C)
[X] We should intervene when our national interests are threatened. (CR)
[ ] We must never hesitate to defend America! Unilateral attacks are fine for national security purposes. (R)
[ ] We have the most powerful military in the world! We should exert our power across the globe. (FL)

//Personal Tax
[ ] Increase income tax for everyone. (L)
[ ] Increase income tax for the rich. (CL)
[ ] Reduce income tax for lower- and middle-class tax brackets. (C)
[X] Reduce income tax across the board. (CR)
[ ] Reduce income tax for the rich. (R)

//Public Health Care
[ ] We need a completely public health care system! Publically funded, universal health care insurance. Health care is
a right!(FL)
[ ] Universal health care system with mandates in order so everyone is covered. (L)
[ ] Near-universal health care, whether public or private, but no mandates. Require health insurance for every child. (CL)
[X] Public health care benefits for the poor and elderly, the rest private. (C)
[ ] More tax-deductable health costs. Very limited public health services. Give health coverage to uninsured children. (CR)
[ ] Massive payroll tax increase (or reduce Medicare/Medicaid spending) to fund tax credits for healthcare. (R)
[ ] The health care system should be completely private. It is not a responsibility of the federal government. (FR)

//Renewable Energy
[ ] Renewable energy all the way! Ban all polluting forms of energy, like oil and coal. (FL)
[ ] Move towards energy independence, focusing mostly on renewable energy sources. Subsidize clean energy. (L)
[ ] Invest in clean energy and end oil company subsidies. Cut oil use significantly by 2025. (CL)
[ ] Renewable and non-renewable energy must be equally researched. (C)
[X] Reduce dependence on foreign sources of oil. Some research on alternate energy sources. (CR)
[ ] Coal and oil are our main concerns right now.   End dependence on foreign energy. Let private funds research other
energy. (R)
[ ] We don't need to worry about renewable energy sources. Oil is king! (FR)
FairBol
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »

From the Desk of Andrew Jacobs (F-CT)

Platform Speech: Military/National Defense

My fellow Atlasians,

If I may, I'd like to discuss the important issue of national defense with you.  In this era of "the new normal", we face many different threats.  ISIS continues to be on the march, and the specter of a nuclear North Korea or Iran looms large.  We know that "freedom is not free", and that we need to be vigilant.  The narrative that we are surrounded by two oceans, and thus invulnerable to attack, has been proved false.  The tragic day of September 11th, 2001, ensured that.  The good news is that we have a strong military, which can respond to such terror.  Supported by our National Guard units, they boldly answer the call to action.  Every member of our fighting forces is, indeed, a hero. 

However, our military is not without its problems.  The budget for the armed forces is, at this point, quite small; we have the smallest Navy that we've had since World War I.  Without additional funding, the military may not be able to answer enemy attacks.  And let's be frank here; the job of our armed forces is not just to protect Atlasia, but to strike fear into the hearts of her enemies.  Indeed, if those who threaten us know that we are always prepared, and always ready to strike back, they will be less apt to attack us or our allies in NATO. 

Our combined national military has the job of providing a strong national defense.  So too do our regional forces, albeit on a smaller, more local level.  They supply vital aid in disasters, and have been called upon to rescue endangered citizens on more than one occasion.  The National Guard also serves to protect our regional leaders, such as the governor.  It is of the utmost importance that they remain ready to deploy at a moment's notice.  My friends, if you elect me to the Northern Assembly, I will make sure that the National Guard gets the equipment and funding that it needs.  For it is the members of the National Guard, those citizen-soldiers, who are some of our true "everyday heroes".  They deserve our thanks, not to mention our support.  In New York City, I will be a voice for their affairs and concerns, and always have an open door.  Thanks for listening, and God Bless Atlasia. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies