Clinton challenges Trump to show up at all 3 scheduled debates - will he?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton challenges Trump to show up at all 3 scheduled debates - will he?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Trump attend the 3 presidential debates?
Yes - all 3 as scheduled

Yes - but only after rescheduling (note: CPD indicates they wont change dates)

Not all but at least one

No - none

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Clinton challenges Trump to show up at all 3 scheduled debates - will he?  (Read 1444 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/08/media/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debates/index.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So the debates are scheduled and Team Clinton is fine with the 3 dates. Will Trump go or only go if they change the dates or not go to any or only go to some?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 10:56:34 PM »

I think Trump will attend the first one and then find an excuse to skip the others.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »

Either way, it's a no-win situation for Trump.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »

Of course Clinton is fine with the three dates. Two of them go up against NFL football, cutting into Trump's core demographic.

I can't wait until they name the "impartial" moderators for this s***show. At least one of them will be a Clinton hack masquerading as a reporter.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:12:44 PM »

It's a good strategy. Either it looks like Trump will be dragged kicking and screaming to the debates, or he's a wuss.

Of course Clinton is fine with the three dates. Two of them go up against NFL football, cutting into Trump's core demographic.

I can't wait until they name the "impartial" moderators for this s***show. At least one of them will be a Clinton hack masquerading as a reporter.

I love how EVERY-THING is some kind of howwible anti-Trump conspiracy, nice to see you're parroting the same stupid talking points. The dates for the debates were set almost a YEAR ago, it's just an excuse. He was able to bend the networks/RNC over a barrel with his stunts, he won't be able to this time.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 11:18:03 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 11:19:35 PM by Seriously? »

It's a good strategy. Either it looks like Trump will be dragged kicking and screaming to the debates, or he's a wuss.

I love how EVERY-THING is some kind of howwible anti-Trump conspiracy, nice to see you're parroting the same stupid talking points. The dates for the debates were set almost a YEAR ago, it's just an excuse. He was able to bend the networks/RNC over a barrel with his stunts, he won't be able to this time.
Parroting talking points by stating the obvious? Some of you read into things way too much.

Of course the dates suck for Trump or any Republican for that matter.

I don't blame anyone but the "Republicans" on this allegedly "bipartisan" commission for that. They allow folks like Candy Crowley to be moderators/enablers of everything Democrat. This has been going on for a long time. But then again, a truly bipartisan moderator is elusive when 85% of all journalists vote Democrat.

And Trump will show up for all three debates, no matter where they are held and what Clintonista is asking the questions.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 11:32:16 PM »

Parroting talking points by stating the obvious? Some of you read into things way too much.

I don't blame anyone but the "Republicans" on this allegedly "bipartisan" commission for that. They allow folks like Candy Crowley to be moderators/enablers of everything Democrat. This has been going on for a long time. But then again, a truly bipartisan moderator is elusive when 85% of all journalists vote Democrat.

And Trump will show up for all three debates, no matter where they are held and what Clintonista is asking the questions.

The dates only "suck" if you admit that your core demographic is too flippant, uneducated and disengaged from the political process to bother tuning out of some stupid months-long pig-skin ritual for a single evening in order to participate in its own democracy.

Besides, if it really impacts your core demographic, then you should be grateful: it's not as if hardly any of these cretins are going to change their mind...but its ludicrous to think that Trump is going to come out of any of these looking like the better candidate for President. The people who can actually be persuaded by these things will likely be tuning in, football game or not.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 11:33:39 PM »

Either way, it's a no-win situation for Trump.
Yep, it sure is. Clinton's people are getting good at predicting his moves and setting him up.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:39:06 AM »

Seriously,
It's the same bull everyday from you.
I can see you now, checking-in every morning with your trump campaign cronies, for advice on the "talking points" for the day.
You are a trump parrot. Just accept it .... OK.
Sometimes when it looks like a parrot, talks like a parrot, and walks like a parrot ..... it's just a parrot.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 12:39:17 AM »

I think Trump will attend the first one and then find an excuse to skip the others.

Then he gets savaged for being a coward while Clinton gets a free national town hall.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 12:41:06 AM »

The dates only "suck" if you admit that your core demographic is too flippant, uneducated and disengaged from the political process to bother tuning out of some stupid months-long pig-skin ritual for a single evening in order to participate in its own democracy.

Besides, if it really impacts your core demographic, then you should be grateful: it's not as if hardly any of these cretins are going to change their mind...but its ludicrous to think that Trump is going to come out of any of these looking like the better candidate for President. The people who can actually be persuaded by these things will likely be tuning in, football game or not.
Spitting some straight truth right here.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »

He has to show up. Missing that one primary debate killed him in the Iowa Caucus.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »

Depends if Megan Kelly is moderating.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:47:24 AM »

I see you're preparing for a Trump loss already.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 12:56:43 AM »

Trump will attend all of them. The candidate behind in the race needs debates more than the leader.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 01:14:20 AM »

Oh, it's worse than that - I suspect a majority of the moderators, or more, will be sane human beings, backed up by a squad of fact- and number-checkers. Your boy TrumpMiller is going to be beyond toast - he's going to be lucky to avoid melting on stage like a Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'm not surprised the  TrumpMiller cult is going all prepper on stockpiling excuses now. They're going to need a lot of armor between the tiny gibbering wrecks that used to be their sanity and conscience, and the reality of hours of Trump on a stage where his con-artist BS won't be allowed to pass unchallenged.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 03:29:53 AM »

Trump's pathological aversion to giving a straight answer will result in some angst here, just watch.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 03:40:04 AM »

Seriously,
It's the same bull everyday from you.
I can see you now, checking-in every morning with your trump campaign cronies, for advice on the "talking points" for the day.
You are a trump parrot. Just accept it .... OK.
Sometimes when it looks like a parrot, talks like a parrot, and walks like a parrot ..... it's just a parrot.
Funny, I've never seen a talking point aside from what is leaked to the press in my life. So I'll take the suggestion that I check in with Trump campaign cronies as a compliment, since I know none of them on either a personal or professional level.

It's patently obvious to me that the Republicans always lose this debate fight, when it comes to choosing the moderators, the time of the debates, etc. It's their own fault for lacking a backbone when it comes to these kind of things.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 07:08:04 AM by dspNY »

I think Trump has a legit complaint on one of the debates (the Sunday one that goes up against Packers-Giants, which everyone will watch instead). The Monday night debate is going to overwhelm Falcons-Saints, two bad teams with no national following
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 07:12:11 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 07:42:20 AM by LLR »

Anyone who would watch football over a presidential debate is either already decided or not voting. It doesn't matter.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 07:13:56 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 07:15:30 AM by dspNY »

Anyone who would watch football over a presidential debate is either voting for Trump already or not voting. It doesn't matter.

As a diehard Giants fan, I'm watching Packers-Giants over the second debate, and I'm definitely #WithHer. Don't assume all football fans are Repubs.

That being said, if Trump does not attend a debate, he is a wuss regardless
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »

Anyone who would watch football over a presidential debate is either voting for Trump already or not voting. It doesn't matter.

As a diehard Giants fan, I'm watching Packers-Giants over the second debate, and I'm definitely #WithHer. Don't assume all football fans are Repubs.

That being said, if Trump does not attend a debate, he is a wuss regardless

Packers fan here, I'll be switching back and forth and voting for Hillary.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »

Trump will attend all of them. The candidate behind in the race needs debates more than the leader.

But that implies Trump knows what he's doing.

"Let's dispel with this fiction that Donald Trump knows what he's doing. He has no idea what he's doing!"
GLPman
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:18 AM »

Trump's pathological aversion to giving a straight answer will result in some angst here, just watch.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:25 AM »

The obvious solution is for the candidates to call the game while they're debating.  Maybe they can just put Clinton and Trump on a couch in front of a TV, and have them make strained football metaphors that explain their own policy positions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies