I really hope Republicans stop talking about terrorism so terrorism ends.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I really hope Republicans stop talking about terrorism so terrorism ends.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I really hope Republicans stop talking about terrorism so terrorism ends.  (Read 620 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.

I'm just saying, that Democrats need to stop demonizing the Second Amendment. You have to protect yourself. Leave gun owners alone. You only enrage them even more.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »

I'm just saying, that Democrats need to stop demonizing the Second Amendment. You have to protect yourself. Leave gun owners alone. You only enrage them even more.
This is not even a veiled threat. "Do things that make us think you'll take our guns, and who knows what we'll do when we're angry (i.e., violence)." You're a perfect example of the danger of a demagogue's campaign.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »

I totally agree. We should also stop talking about terrorism because us talking about it is provoking the normally rational terrorists. They would be just regular gun owning Mideastern citizens if we'd stop enraging them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »

I totally agree. We should also stop talking about terrorism because us talking about it is provoking the normally rational terrorists. They would be just regular gun owning Mideastern citizens if we'd stop enraging them.

We need to talk about terrorism and guns. But to constantly rail against the Second Amendment as some Democrats do, it's asinine.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »

We need to talk about terrorism and guns. But to constantly rail against the Second Amendment as some Democrats do, it's asinine.

I'm glad we agree. And the constant talk about terrorism is clearly provoking those peaceful terrorists.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 03:50:23 PM »

If people completely ignored acts terrorism, then it's absolutely true, terrorism wouldn't be very effective.  If everyone blamed every terrorist act not on any individual or group or ideology but just on random chance, then there would not be the same motivation of notoriety and spreading fear to advance a specific cause.
Isn't a very practical suggestion though.
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

Real talk: If the Dems and their "moderate" friends like McCain stopped helping terrorist groups form, then we'd see the end of terrorism. Also, just leave the secular dictators alone. There is a clear lesser evil in the Middle East, several shatters countries later, any thinking person knows what it is. Magical democratic states emerging in that region is a neocon/neolib pipe dream.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »

If you could find me a legitimate quote of a prominent Democratic official calling for the repeal of the second amendment, that would be great. Of course, you know the first amendment allows for people to call for policies you don't agree with... and you can change amendments. Even if I am inclined to be totally charitable to your argument, you are coming off as an authoritarian.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »

Real talk: If the Dems and their "moderate" friends like McCain stopped helping terrorist groups form, then we'd see the end of terrorism. Also, just leave the secular dictators alone. There is a clear lesser evil in the Middle East, several shatters countries later, any thinking person knows what it is. Magical democratic states emerging in that region is a neocon/neolib pipe dream.

I'm in favor of leaving the Middle East alone. The more countries we tear apart, the more evident it is that the current American foreign policy of intervening wherever we wish is not helping.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »

If you could find me a legitimate quote of a prominent Democratic official calling for the repeal of the second amendment, that would be great. Of course, you know the first amendment allows for people to call for policies you don't agree with... and you can change amendments. Even if I am inclined to be totally charitable to your argument, you are coming off as an authoritarian.

Don't change the 2A. Leave it alone. What do you have against it?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »

Don't change the 2A. Leave it alone. What do you have against it?

No elected democrat has called for the repeal of the second amendment, and I know that you know that, so what are you talking about? Why do you keep equating any mention of gun control with "railing against the 2nd Amendment?"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »

Agreed with the OP.

Terrorism would stop if Republicans (and Democrats, but at least they are slick about it) quit causing young Muslim men to join ISIS by meddling in the internal affairs on the Middle East.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 11:02:57 PM »

Dude, guys, "radical islamism."  Just say it, one time, please.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies