Is the U.S. ready for the first woman president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:50:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the U.S. ready for the first woman president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the U.S. ready for the first woman president?  (Read 1668 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

The two women who were picked for VP had extremely limited experience and limited political skills.  Both were unprepared.  Both were selected because a losing Presidential nominee wanted to shake the race up.  Both were done in politics after their VP runs; Palin quit as Governor and Ferraro failed in her bid for a Senate seat. 

America has long been ready for a female President.  The most qualified females have, however, chosen not to run, so the significant honor of being the first Female POTUS may well go to one of the most amoral, self-serving, vain, lying individuals that ever served in high public office.  As much as I hate the neocons, I'd vote for Condi Rice over Hillary and not think twice.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »

one of the most amoral, self-serving, vain, lying individuals

But enough about Trump.

Hillary tops Trump on all of these qualities, and that's really saying something.  I'm not confused about what Trump is about, but Hillary's supporters have become OK with lying under oath over time, and that's something to thing about.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »

The Republican Party and U.S. conservatives clearly are NOT READY as no woman has come anywhere close to making a credible run in their presidential primary.  But I think the country as a whole is ready and has been for about a decade now, it just took some time for the stars to align correctly.

The GOP has long been ready for such a thing.  Gender isn't the issue surrounding Hillary Clinton.  Trustworthiness and integrity are. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies