To those against Tax Cuts have you given your refund back to the Government yet?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:56:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  To those against Tax Cuts have you given your refund back to the Government yet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well have you Tongue
Yes I gave my mine back to the Federal Government

I'm part of the elite group that deserves it so I'm an exception!

I'm too young/I don't work

I was for the tax cut and I kept it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: To those against Tax Cuts have you given your refund back to the Government yet?  (Read 2080 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:08:55 AM »

Just for you Jfern Tongue ... and well we haven't talked about the tax cut for awhile I don't think
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 02:14:58 AM »

Elite = poor?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 03:10:07 AM »

None of the above.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 07:24:07 AM »

You can't expect liberals with their mental illness actually do what they preach, eh?  They don't actually believe the crap they say.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 12:14:23 PM »

You can't expect liberals with their mental illness actually do what they preach, eh?  They don't actually believe the crap they say.

If they want their 400 back they can have it. Oh wait, I need to eat. Sorry, if I wasn't broke I would give it back. I think my parents would have to, but wait, with my father's cancer treatment (which helped, thank God) and my mothers knee surgery, my tuition, we didn't really have any left over. In fact, we went into bankruptacy recently. I guess the tax cuts didn't help me any.
Doesn't your party want to raise taxes?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hmm.  WRONG!

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:22:07 PM »

What is that "generosity index" based on?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 12:24:49 PM »

Charitable contributions I believe.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:50 PM »

Yes.  % of income given to charities.  Here we can quite clearly see that even the "poor" states that liberals like to point out as failures give much more than the "successful" elitist states.  How's that for moral bankruptcy?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »

I believe that table about as much as I believe the one which listed states by iqs and who they voted for.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 12:31:20 PM »

I believe that table about as much as I believe the one which listed states by iqs and who they voted for.
Church contributions are charitable.  Does that make that table more believable?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »

If they want their 400 back they can have it. Oh wait, I need to eat. Sorry, if I wasn't broke I would give it back. I think my parents would have to, but wait, with my father's cancer treatment (which helped, thank God) and my mothers knee surgery, my tuition, we didn't really have any left over. In fact, we went into bankruptacy recently. I guess the tax cuts didn't help me any.

I wonder where more taxes could have helped me? Maybe healthcare or education? I don't know, you tell me.

Actually, don't bother. I don't want to hear the lecture on how only people who can afford good education and good medical care deserve it. Survival of the fittest, that's what conservatives always say. Liberals may have a mental illness, but at least we have a soul. And if you think the Republican party is the party of the average American, you need to take your head out of your ass. What exactly has the new Republican Congress gotten done or proposed. I'll say proposed since you are going to call the Dems obstructionists while the Republicans in the 1990s were "the opposition".

Bankruptcy Bill and the repeal of the estate tax or the death tax, both of which only benefits wealthy Americans and corporations.

I have to say that this is a bit irrational.  Bush gave your family money, it wasn't enought to help you in your unfortunate circumstances, and now you're mad he didn't give your family more stuff.  You seem to demand more from your government than should be reasonably expected.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 02:45:11 PM »

I have to say that this is a bit irrational.  Bush gave your family money, it wasn't enought to help you in your unfortunate circumstances, and now you're mad he didn't give your family more stuff.  You seem to demand more from your government than should be reasonably expected.

Now, not necessarily.  We should demand more.  Fiscal allocations can be better handled by the Congress.  Remove most of the pork, and that would release a whole bunch of funds for medical and educational purposes.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »

Yes.  % of income given to charities.  Here we can quite clearly see that even the "poor" states that liberals like to point out as failures give much more than the "successful" elitist states.  How's that for moral bankruptcy?

Could you give the stats for non-church-related charities, out of curiosity?  And I'm surprised that Utah does not rank first, considering they give 10% of their income.

By the way, that chart roughly equates with the percent of church-goers.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:52 PM »

I don't care for charity, but highly progressive tax rates and redistributionist government programs are great.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 11:57:56 PM »

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 12:05:04 AM »

Last option. My taxes did go down somewhat. Smiley
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 12:41:34 AM »

What if you were against the tax cuts, but would have gotten the same refund regardless?  I had all of the tax on my measly refunded because of tuition payments, and this program pre-existed the current administration.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 04:28:53 PM »

Church contributions are charitable.  Does that make that table more believable?

In many parts of America, I would argue that money given to the Church is essentially paying for an institution through which people seek social engagement.  Thus, it can be compared to the money people in less religious states spend on going out to eat and on the arts, going to concerts, etc.

In my view, having a market for social activities is far preferable than having social life monopolized by a church institution.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 09:38:22 PM »

I paid my taxes with my tax cut.  Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 10:05:20 AM »

So are all you conservatives boycotting all public schools? Are you refusing all financial aid in college? Do you never use public highways? Do you refuse all government forms of health care? Do you only use FedEx and UPS? Do you never use libraries?

Works both ways. Quit your use of all government-provided services.

For the record, as long as Bush is in office I'm never giving anything back. I will never support Bush or the Bush government in any way.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 10:24:37 AM »

So are all you conservatives boycotting all public schools? Are you refusing all financial aid in college? Do you never use public highways? Do you refuse all government forms of health care? Do you only use FedEx and UPS? Do you never use libraries?
Conservatives = PWND by BRTD
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 10:53:46 AM »

Conservatives = PWND by BRTD

Boycott public schools?  No, but they need to be ran better.
Financial aid?  Nope, earned a scholarship for my first bachelors and paid for my second bachelors and masters out of pocket (always maximize your companies educational benefits).
Public highways?  Of course, paid out of my taxes.
Gov't healthcare (one word)?  Nope, I have private insurance.
FedEx or UPS?  I use them, plus the USPS (which is a pseudo-government entity as they have been operating as a private subsidiary for quite some time).
Libraries?  I actually went to the library for the first time in 13 years last night with my niece.  Though I don't use them, I still pay for them.

Maybe "conservatives" should have an opt-out clause so they don't have to pay for services they don't need/use?  Smiley   (And no, no one was pwnd, Harry.)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:56 AM »

I did.

I didn't get any.  I'm own my own.

I use it, and I pay a levy on gasoline that pays for the usage of that service.

I haven't seen a doctor in ovef 6 years, and I've never used the hospitals.  I guess so...

Royal Mail in Canada requires a stamp to be delivered.  I pay for the service.

Not really.  But that comes out of the municipal budget, not the federal budget we're talking about.

Already done.

Hypocrite. Lol.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 04:16:37 PM »

(And no, no one was pwnd, Harry.)
Yes yall all were.  BRTD has impeccable flawless logic Tongue
MODU
Atlas Star
United States