Clarion Call (2) to my fellow Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:18:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Clarion Call (2) to my fellow Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clarion Call (2) to my fellow Republicans  (Read 1927 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 03:24:03 PM »

My fellow Republicans across America.

I agree completely.

Please, start diverting campaign funds away from the Trump campaign and direct them to down ballot races now.

This would likely save the House for us, and may even save the Senate for us.

The Trump campaign is imploding.  Every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid, embarrasses the Republican Party and or insults someone or some group.

Trump is not who we Republicans are and he does not stand for what we Republicans stand for.

Quit wasting money on the Trump campaign.  Use it for the down ballot races.  That is our only hope.

The Presidential race is lost, and Trump does not deserve to win anyway. 

It is now. Your party primary voters had many other valid options. They decisively chose Trump. Let's not pretend like that doesn't mean anything.

But we will take our party back once Trump suffers a devastating defeat in November.

In the form of who? Cruz? Because it won't be until he takes some Trumpist turns. A deep section of the party loves Donald Trump, the party as a whole is more anti-free trade, skeptical of free market ideology, and more nationalist than ever before. That's the permanent effect, Republicans will not nominate someone who doesn't blame trade agreements or immigrants for their economic problems anymore. Your establishment section is a minority among the rank and file, sorry to say.

LOL.  Bullshlt, kid.

Do not call me kid. We'll see about this in 2020, if no candidate that has similar positions to Trump on trade and immigration, then they obviously won't, but it'll just prove how out of touch the politicians are with the base. Have you seen polls of the Republican electorate lately? They're so far away from a CoC position on the issue and they're even more against free trade than Democrats are. There's a reason people like Scott Walker (as short as his campaign was) changed his immigration position so drastically within a few days, he saw where the winds were blowing in the GOP on that issue. There's a reason Mitt Romney wanted to 'crack down' on China. This has been a trend that has been building up over several years and now its boiling over the top with Trump. Trump is not just a one-time phenomena.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

I'm not letting the supreme court make a hard left turn. 

Then you should be worried about holding the Senate.  Trump is a goner.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »

WHO THE HECK ON THIS FORUM DONATES MONEY TO CAMPAIGNS!?

I've donated to Hillary a few times.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »

WHO THE HECK ON THIS FORUM DONATES MONEY TO CAMPAIGNS!?

I've donated to Hillary a few times.

I'm also thinking of putting a few hundred dollars together to give to Clinton. This election is important enough where I want to contribute to beating Trump.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies