College Football 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: College Football 2016  (Read 9239 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 09:03:43 PM »
« edited: September 05, 2016, 09:50:54 PM by Justice Dereich »

FSU-Ole Miss has been appalling. Just appalling. FSU's much hyped OL (one of the most experienced and best recruited in the nation) has been leaky as a sieve. Our new QB is sloppy and our also much hyped secondary is somehow always allowing at least one player be open for Chad Kelly to throw long to.

I'm going to go...somewhere. Somewhere I don't have to see this for a while. Ugh. Maybe this will be like 2014 where stellar halftime adjustments happen.

EDIT: Five minutes in to the 2nd half. FSU has scored 17 unanswered points. I apologize for everything I said and bow at the feet of Jimbo, ultimate halftime corrector.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 11:37:45 PM »

I am very happy. I'll leave it at that.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »

The Louisville-Clemson-FSU ACC race is going to be fun. Too bad the Pac looks like crap. Sad (Although it does give me hope for my Bears -- no one expects us to do anything this year anyway so why not? They didn't expect 9-3 Wazzu either).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »

Lovie and the Illini are takin' down the 'Heels this Saturday.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2016, 03:21:07 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Hmmm, I was considering betting that game if I win my Friday night ones, but in the other direction. UNC -335. I guess I'll find something a bit safer in that case because, you are right, that could be prime for an upset (though I was hoping James Madison would be the ones to send them home in tears!) Iowa -600, I presume you could get behind 😁

Something that may be getting overlooked this week is that there are a lot of road favorites. Not saying upsets will happen, but there is plenty of potential for something extraordinary.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 04:44:53 PM »

PPP included an FBS question in its Florida poll. Here are the responses (numbers from March in parenthesis):

UF: 24 (29)
FSU: 24 (19)
UCF: 11 (12)
Miami: 10 (10)
USF: 7 (5)
The Credit Unions: 4 each (3 FIU, 1 FAU)

I'm always surprised to see UCF above Miami; people I know who went to UCF have led me to believe that most UCF fans only consider themselves fair weather fans and mostly root for UF or a bandwagon team. That there are enough people consistently telling pollsters something to the contrary in what is expected to be a terrible year for the team says to me that there is real potential for a support base if the Big 12 decided to add UCF.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »

We gonna shock the world.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2016, 10:19:30 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Congratulations Florida State! To think I was actually considering taking the points on this one! What a mess! Guess I'll stick with Jacksonville State +31/37 vs. LSU

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/51v8c0/according_to_a_charleston_southern_rb_potentially/

Take fake classes: A-OK
Buy school supplies: DEATH PENALTY! ALL PLAYERS SUSPENDED. COACHES BANNED.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »

PPP included an FBS question in its Florida poll. Here are the responses (numbers from March in parenthesis):

UF: 24 (29)
FSU: 24 (19)
UCF: 11 (12)
Miami: 10 (10)
USF: 7 (5)
The Credit Unions: 4 each (3 FIU, 1 FAU)

I'm always surprised to see UCF above Miami; people I know who went to UCF have led me to believe that most UCF fans only consider themselves fair weather fans and mostly root for UF or a bandwagon team. That there are enough people consistently telling pollsters something to the contrary in what is expected to be a terrible year for the team says to me that there is real potential for a support base if the Big 12 decided to add UCF.

Well, Miami doesn't have fans.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2016, 02:20:24 PM by The Unbearable Invicibility of Hillary Clinton »

So, Nichols St is only down 10-7 at the half to Georgia, and the Nichols St. QB is 2-8 with 2 int.  The SEC is looking mighty sad outside of Bama.

Well, a pity as Georgia hung on.  If they had lost, I think the fans might have burned down the hedges.  Really a poorly played game by both teams which makes how close Nichols came even more amazing.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Ha-ha--RIP T. Boone St.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »

John O'Neill and his crew are the worst referees in the Big Ten Conference. That is all.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »

What is this crap with Central Michigan? I guess they shouldn't have had a last play to win? Damn.  :-o
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2016, 06:02:51 PM »

Northwestern is now 0-2 against Western Michigan and Illinois State, lmao. 
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »

What is this crap with Central Michigan? I guess they shouldn't have had a last play to win? Damn.  :-o

From the rulebook,

The period is not extended if the foul is by the team in possession and the statement of the penalty includes loss of down (A.R. 3-2-3-VIII).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:20 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2016, 09:24:19 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Northwestern is now 0-2 against Western Michigan and Illinois State, lmao.  

In fairness, WMU is better than half of all P5 teams and Illinois State would probably rank better than nearly a quarter before factoring in that they have 22 fewer schollies. They should never have been favored in the first one, and the second one was a true toss-up.

As I said in my initial post:

Big Ten: Indiana the big surprise as many pick, Michigan and Northwestern big disappointments though, especially the latter from the get-go.

not too many average or better P5 teams challenge themselves to this extent. Kudos to Iowa for doing so as well, but the top of the FCS and G5 are just as legit as most above-average powers despite the media blackout.

At the moment, it would appear Michigan avoids a similar fate, but we shall see if they do indeed get past State.

(e: my predictions were by no means perfect of course. I will call myself out for Arkansas State optimism. That was way too early! Also, I may have been wildly off on Texas, but we still need to see conference play because there remains little separation in the conference.)

So, Nichols St is only down 10-7 at the half to Georgia, and the Nichols St. QB is 2-8 with 2 int.  The SEC is looking mighty sad outside of Bama.

Well, a pity as Georgia hung on.  If they had lost, I think the fans might have burned down the hedges.  Really a poorly played game by both teams which makes how close Nichols came even more amazing.

I have a feeling you understand this more than anyone here, but for context since it's clearly needed: Nicholls State is the embarrassment of the FCS multi-bid conferences. The butt of all joke for a decade-plus. Imagine what Kansas is, but significantly more laughable and at a lower level. Not fully funded. Probably should disband the program. And now recall what they did today. This is a new low in the history of football even though the upset didn't happen.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

This week sucked.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »

I was just scouring through the future schedules to see potential gameday locations and did I come across one worth rooting for.

The pre-Election Day battle - Air Force @ Army. I don't want to get too hyped too early - AFA would still have to go through a battle in Logan plus a somewhat tough one with Navy on their home turf (though Navy looked considerably weaker without Tago Smith and probably should have lost last week). You never want to assume anything with Army, but they have 3 road games - UTEP, Duke and Wake Forest - which all seem at least manageable. I would not assign the word likely to this possibility, but I know I will certainly be hoping for just that scenario every day. A battle of 8-0 service academies in 2016 would just blow my mind - even if the road to get there were rather weak. But two of those five games I call 'difficult' are this week. So start cheering now if you want to see a throwback.

Alabama @ LSU was the supposed plan, but if LSU gets surprised once more (Ole Miss? @UF? Southern Miss?), we'll just have to tell the college football gods something else came up.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »

Ouch.

I'd be (relatively) fine if this happened against Clemson, but Petrino is a scumbag and deserves no good things. Houston/Louisville will now be good enough to get a victorious Houston in the playoff 100%.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »

Go Cards!!! Cheesy
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »

U wanna fite?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2016, 04:29:37 PM »

I'm more excited about my NDSU over Iowa pick then Louisville because they had looked terrible in game prior to this.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2016, 06:47:34 PM »

Ouch.

I'd be (relatively) fine if this happened against Clemson, but Petrino is a scumbag and deserves no good things. Houston/Louisville will now be good enough to get a victorious Houston in the playoff 100%.

Dabo and Watson will still drag Clemson into the playoff. They look like they just needed a recalibration to get back to their old form.

This is going to be one of those years where the top 10 moves around but we end up with the expected #1 and #2 in the championship.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that among our teams only Sandander's team won today...there is no justice in the world.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2016, 11:00:40 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that among our teams only Sandander's team won today...there is no justice in the world.

Glad my school is considered chopped liver!

Anyway, Maryland had a rather depressing OT win, and we have Stanford fans, and Cal still has a longshot. Plus Western Michigan may be closing in the top 25 for Wolverine. We have fans for all those among us at the very least.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies