Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:48:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"  (Read 3815 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2016, 08:00:36 PM by Speed of Sound »

More democracy-undermining and encouragement to intimidate voters from Mr. Trump.

Full quote (via Ana Marie Cox):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/anamariecox/status/764233861161160706
Zache

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:52:39 PM »

This is a very dangerous and irresponsible narrative Trump is building.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 07:53:31 PM »

Trump is absolute scum. Vile, deplorable being.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 07:55:19 PM »

What a whiny little baby.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Lol, he's talking about Philly
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 07:58:47 PM »

I'm not really seeing the dog whistle here per se, but if he's going to make an accusation like that, he might want to be a little more specific.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »

Just because you lose doesn't mean it was rigged. Grow up, Little Donny.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 08:01:43 PM »

I'm not really seeing the dog whistle here per se, but if he's going to make an accusation like that, he might want to be a little more specific.
I'll take it out for now, if not everyone agrees it's there. I don't know what else he could mean other than inner city Philly, though...where all of those seedy "urban" people live. But still, this quote doesn't need my help to look awful, so I'll fix it up.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »

And...
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »

Read the PA polls and weep Turd.  You're not behind because of "cheating."

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-pennsylvania-president-trump-vs-clinton
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 08:05:56 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 08:07:28 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I can assure you, my city is full of cheats (have you seen the latest Eagles scandal!?) - I wouldn't be surprised if my precinct resulted in zero votes for the man!

He had 11 in the primary but only because they were rigging it so hard against BERNIE
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 08:07:20 PM »

I can assure you, my city is full of cheats (have you seen the latest Eagles scandal!?) - I wouldn't be surprised if my precinct resulted in zero votes for the man!

I wouldn't either, because you're not actually going to vote for Trump.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 08:07:26 PM »

Not a dog whistle at all, it was clear he meant Philly and not in a racist way. This is deplorable though, we can't have people thinking our democracy is a sham. Very dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric from Trump.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 08:08:33 PM »

I wouldn't either, because you're not actually going to vote for Trump.

Wow! Looks like Atlas Forum has a deceitful liar amongst us. That's OK, we know Crooked can count on YOUR vote
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 08:10:54 PM »

Not enough racists in PA, contrary to some of the extraordinary statements that forum members were making in '08 when Hillary won the Dem primary.

Trump is trying to play a typical "upstate" versus "downstate" argument to play towards resentments from rural and SW PA Republicans that somehow the system/state is rigged simply because this fictional version of "Real Pennsylvania" is very different from the alternate parallel universe from where this gentleman appears to exist.

Not sure where he's going with this.... but definitely appears he is making a massive play towards "cheating in Philly" neglecting the fact that the reason he is losing the state by what appears to be double-digits is a massive collapse of support in the Philly suburbs (Including many Conservative Dems/Independents/Moderate-Liberal Republicans...

Let's give him all a real Philly Boooo for this, and btw let's go Eagles (My NFL team) come late Fall.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 08:11:55 PM »

Not a dog whistle at all, it was clear he meant Philly and not in a racist way. This is deplorable though, we can't have people thinking our democracy is a sham. Very dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric from Trump.

American democracy was a sham from the get-go. That's how we got freaks like George W. Bush in the White House. Who would vote for a nutso guy like that?
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 08:16:55 PM by The Advocate »

I've never known a group of people with a grander sense of entitlement than Trump and his supporters.

Edit to add: I can somewhat understand their misinformed belief that an election won by Democrats must have been stolen. There are two Americas at this point: one is urban/suburban and educated, the other is rural and uneducated. The latter is Trump's base of support. They live so deeply in their little bubble with no experience of the outside world aside from FOX News, right-wing radio, and Drudge Report that they could not possibly comprehend that the majority of Americans reject Trump and his beliefs, and do not hold such angry, bigoted viewpoints as them.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »

I've never known a group of people with a grander sense of entitlement than Trump and his supporters.

Edit to add: I can somewhat understand their misinformed belief that an election won by Democrats must have been stolen. There are two Americas at this point: one is urban/suburban and educated, the other is rural and uneducated. The latter is Trump's base of support. They live so deeply in their little bubble with no experience of the outside world aside from FOX News, right-wing radio, and Drudge Report that they could not possibly comprehend that the majority of Americans reject Trump and his beliefs, and do not hold such angry, bigoted viewpoints as them.

One of my friends has a co-worker who says he listens to four hours of talk radio per day, and that is after he cut back on how much he listens to. I can't even comprehend what that must do to a person.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 08:30:35 PM »

pls stop. kk. smarrt overlord
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:16 PM »

Where are the context interpreters to tell what he really meant?
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »

pls stop. kk. smarrt overlord

Do you have anything substantive to add?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 08:40:27 PM »

He had 11 in the primary but only because they were rigging it so hard against BERNIE

Dude... don't bag on my Iggles.

You been hangin' on Kensington Avenue lately, because it definitely seems like you're sounding a little high....

Am assuming you are being sarcastic, but if you hate Philly so much surely there are a few towns down the road that you might prefer, maybe York or Lancaster?

Actually it doesn't really even seem that you are an Eagles fan, maybe Steelers or Baltimore???
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 09:13:43 PM »

You been hangin' on Kensington Avenue lately, because it definitely seems like you're sounding a little high....

Am assuming you are being sarcastic, but if you hate Philly so much surely there are a few towns down the road that you might prefer, maybe York or Lancaster?

Actually it doesn't really even seem that you are an Eagles fan, maybe Steelers or Baltimore???

Temple, boy! Here we go! Team of the greatest city in the world!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »

Temple, boy! Here we go! Team of the greatest city in the world!

So you are more of college ball fan, and likely didn't grow up anywhere near Philly....

That's cool, and I'll happily civilly debate anything based upon metrics and data, but you did bring up my Iggles, so it got personal for a moment. Wink
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »

Ever talked to a person outside of your own bubble? I think Trump is garbage too but this attitude that anyone who doesn't hold your positions is an uneducated hick is juvenile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies