Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:47:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump: We'll only lose PA if "certain sections of the state, they cheat"  (Read 3819 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2016, 05:38:38 AM »

I've never known a group of people with a grander sense of entitlement than Trump and his supporters.

Edit to add: I can somewhat understand their misinformed belief that an election won by Democrats must have been stolen. There are two Americas at this point: one is urban/suburban and educated, the other is rural and uneducated. The latter is Trump's base of support. They live so deeply in their little bubble with no experience of the outside world aside from FOX News, right-wing radio, and Drudge Report that they could not possibly comprehend that the majority of Americans reject Trump and his beliefs, and do not hold such angry, bigoted viewpoints as them.

Eh the base of the Republican Party is more suburban BA-educated managerial/clerical roles and pensioners. They aren't the stereotypical Cletus-the-yokel because those sort of people are unreliable votes.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »

I've never known a group of people with a grander sense of entitlement than Trump and his supporters.

Edit to add: I can somewhat understand their misinformed belief that an election won by Democrats must have been stolen. There are two Americas at this point: one is urban/suburban and educated, the other is rural and uneducated. The latter is Trump's base of support. They live so deeply in their little bubble with no experience of the outside world aside from FOX News, right-wing radio, and Drudge Report that they could not possibly comprehend that the majority of Americans reject Trump and his beliefs, and do not hold such angry, bigoted viewpoints as them.

Eh the base of the Republican Party is more suburban BA-educated managerial/clerical roles and pensioners. They aren't the stereotypical Cletus-the-yokel because those sort of people are unreliable votes.

I wasn't referring to the base of the Republican Party, but rather to Trump's base. Those suburban BA-educated managerial/clerical voters are part of that urban/suburban and educated America to which I was referring. The "yokels," as can be observed through the hostility of Trump's base to the National Review and Wall Street Journal section of the Republican Party, are disconnected from them as well and have been raging against them this election cycle too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »

I wasn't referring to the base of the Republican Party, but rather to Trump's base. Those suburban BA-educated managerial/clerical voters are part of that urban/suburban and educated America to which I was referring. The "yokels," as can be observed through the hostility of Trump's base to the National Review and Wall Street Journal section of the Republican Party, are disconnected from them as well and have been raging against them this election cycle too.

Obviously suburban professionals are the types of Republicans swinging against Trump in this election while the rural poor seem to like him more. But there are going to be plenty of both voting Trump this election, based on what we know so far.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's kinda funny.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2016, 09:18:03 AM »

That's kinda funny.

No, that's hilarious. That's what he gets for trying to undermine the legitimacy of the American electoral process.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2016, 09:42:40 AM »

WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »

^Realest thing said about this election
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »

Basically, he is saying that Black people and other minorities are cheating because we prefer a sane and pragmatic candidate over the one who wants to ban Muslims, build a wall because he thinks Mexicans are criminals and rapists, give significant tax breaks to the wealthy while the middle and working classes continue to struggle, and let America lose over 3 million jobs.

WOW!

Bernie's right. The system is rigged!

Hmmmmm. If only we minorities stop voting/supporting against our own interests...

...too late. We already vote for our interests and will continue to do so as long as Trump sinks lower and lower.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »

He's basically repeating claims made by Republicans before. In 2012 right-wing sites made an issue of the fact that Romney got zero votes in some Philadelphia precincts.

Even "moderates" like Mark Kirk use this sort of rhetoric. He claimed that East St. Louis would "jigger" the vote in 2010.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »

He's basically repeating claims made by Republicans before. In 2012 right-wing sites made an issue of the fact that Romney got zero votes in some Philadelphia precincts.

Even "moderates" like Mark Kirk use this sort of rhetoric. He claimed that East St. Louis would "jigger" the vote in 2010.
That is right. I remember hearing about Romney getting 0 votes in some Philadelphia precincts in 2012.  Just amazing.  People are sheep.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »

That is right. I remember hearing about Romney getting 0 votes in some Philadelphia precincts in 2012.  Just amazing.  People are sheep.
If by that you mean, "some precincts are small and overwhelmingly/100% black", then yes.

Why do conservatives never mention Utah in this case?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/In-Some-Utah-Precincts-Obama-Received-No-Votes-179322261.html

Republicans know how bad they do with African Americans, so I don't understand why it should surprise them if this sort of thing happens in areas where basically the entire voting population is black.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2016, 11:46:33 AM »

Republicans know how bad they do with African Americans, so I don't understand why it should surprise them if this sort of thing happens in areas where basically the entire voting population is black.
The same kind of feeling of racial hatred that was dog whistled in this Trump quote. To these conspiracy nuts, blacks are both/either too stupid to know they're getting cheated and/or too morally corrupt to care.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »

If by that you mean, "some precincts are small and overwhelmingly/100% black", then yes.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/In-Some-Utah-Precincts-Obama-Received-No-Votes-179322261.html

There should be prominent people in the African American community supporting the GOP on social issues, as well as economic issues.  Like when Martin Luther King supported Nixon in 1960.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2016, 11:52:37 AM »

There should be prominent people in the African American community supporting the GOP on social issues, as well as economic issues.  Like when Martin Luther King supported Nixon in 1960.
I'm not sure what "should" means here. Prominent people in the black community haven't been given much reason to support the GOP on social or economic issues for a long time, and their community overwhelmingly seems to agree.

What "should" happen is the GOP should respond to their lack of success by looking to reach out to the community, not expect the community to reach out to it. That's politics 101.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »

I'm not sure what "should" means here. Prominent people in the black community haven't been given much reason to support the GOP on social or economic issues for a long time, and their community overwhelmingly seems to agree.

What "should" happen is the GOP should respond to their lack of success by looking to reach out to the community, not expect the community to reach out to it. That's politics 101.
GOP positions on issues like abortion, same sex marriage, law and order would appeal to older, middle class, church going blacks.  Especially if prominent blacks like, for example, LeBron James and Nicki Minaj and others with a voice, stood up and said it's okay to vote for the GOP, the party of Lincoln, the party that sees no color barrier to success.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2016, 12:11:28 PM »

GOP positions on issues like abortion, same sex marriage, law and order would appeal to older, middle class, church going blacks.  Especially if prominent blacks like, for example, LeBron James and Nicki Minaj and others with a voice, stood up and said it's okay to vote for the GOP, the party of Lincoln, the party that sees no color barrier to success.
I'm gonna let this comment speak for itself.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2016, 12:14:03 PM »

Key word in your post before was "should". It doesn't matter why you think they should, because right now they aren't. Republican politicians have spent a long time trying to suppress minority votes, so you should not be surprised why so many of them shun your party.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »

"Law and order".

Uh...I think I found your problem.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »

Delete your account.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »

Wow, even JCL is more self-aware than this...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »

We know exactly what he's talking about. He's totally prepared to use precincts in Philadelphia where he will get 0 or 1 votes to justify fraud. He should be the one called Little Donald, because he actually does have the behavior of a child.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2016, 03:38:40 PM by IceSpear »

We know exactly what he's talking about. He's totally prepared to use precincts in Philadelphia where he will get 0 or 1 votes to justify fraud. He should be the one called Little Donald, because he actually does have the behavior of a child.

Something tells me the Republicans who bitch about Romney receiving 0 votes in certain Philadelphia precincts have never actually been to said precincts.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »

Aw, well I would've thought Philly would love Trump since they like to throw batteries at Santa.
Breton Racer
Harrytruman48
Rookie
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »

Trump- "We'll only lose PA if certain sections of the state they cheat", as he is down 9 points in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2016, 07:34:34 PM »

I can assure you, my city is full of cheats (have you seen the latest Eagles scandal!?) - I wouldn't be surprised if my precinct resulted in zero votes for the man!

He had 11 in the primary but only because they were rigging it so hard against BERNIE

Dude... don't bag on my Iggles.

You been hangin' on Kensington Avenue lately, because it definitely seems like you're sounding a little high....

Am assuming you are being sarcastic, but if you hate Philly so much surely there are a few towns down the road that you might prefer, maybe York or Lancaster?

Actually it doesn't really even seem that you are an Eagles fan, maybe Steelers or Baltimore???

Temple, boy! Here we go! Team of the greatest city in the world!

Apologies for my external sarcasm in response to your jests.... since although I know that you were merely making a point regarding Trump's insane statements, our banter might be misinterpreted from  an external viewpoint.

You do raise a valid point regarding the overwhelming level of support for various Presidential candidates in many precincts and parts of the country, where there are many precincts that essentially vote almost 100% for either Republican or Democratic candidates in a GE Presidential Election.

Unfortunately, as both of us all know, this has nothing to do with voting fraud, but rather an extremely polarized partisan environment, where both major parties have deeply entrenched bases of support among various populations.

I can pull up precincts in Oregon where Obama won with 100% of the vote in '08 in one of the states with the lowest Black populations in the country, and precincts in Georgia or Ohio where Obama received zero votes in 2008 or 2012 that went 100% Republican....

So yes, you are absolutely correct that there is a chance that your precinct might provide no votes for the Trumpster, and if I were to move out to some remote area in the mountains of Oregon, there might be absolutely no votes for Hillary, and there is no cheating and rigging involved on either side. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies