FL-Sen: Will Rubio be re-elected?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:24:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Sen: Will Rubio be re-elected?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: FL-Sen: Will Rubio be re-elected?  (Read 1491 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »

Yes, he'll win by around 5 points when it's all said and done, heavily outperforming Trump. He will then become a top contender for the 2020 Republican contest.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »

50-50
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »

Too soon to tell. Not that long ago, people thought it laughable that McGinty could beat Toomey, and we saw how quickly things changed. We'll know more after the primary.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »

As of today I'd say yes but given the polling out of PA things can quickly change.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »

As of today I'd say yes but given the polling out of PA things can quickly change.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 11:16:17 AM »

Too soon to tell. Not that long ago, people thought it laughable that McGinty could beat Toomey, and we saw how quickly things changed. We'll know more after the primary.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »

Heavily inclined to say "yes, and overperforming Trump so massively will go a long way towards his rehabilitation in GOP circles", but it's too early to judge Murphy before the primary's even happened.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »

Today I would say yes. But it matters what the race is like in October. Unlike in Pennsylvania, Rubio isn't being dragged down too much by huge polling leads by Clinton, and he seems to consistently outperform Trump by at least 5 (in margin).
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »

Not after Grayson gets his hands on him and gives him a good beating.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »

Yes! Thanks to his charisma, to his ability to appeal Hispanic voters, to his foreign policy experience and to his debating skills, he will win re-election.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 08:45:39 PM »

50-50. If he wins reelection, Florida Democrats may look absolutely foolish. Foolish.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »

Heavily inclined to say "yes, and overperforming Trump so massively will go a long way towards his rehabilitation in GOP circles", but it's too early to judge Murphy before the primary's even happened.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 08:57:27 AM »

Unfortunately yes. 51-47%.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 09:00:35 AM »

Leaning no but I think he might be the (or maybe one of 2) GOP Senate candidate(s) that goes against the national tide and wins their competitive Senate race. I expect all but at most two of the competitive Senate races to break to the Dems.

FTR my gut feeling right now is that Dems win in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, and Nevada, with Republicans winning in Arizona (It seems like McCain will win his primary which I expect will lead to a low single digit win for him in November though I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Ward upsets in the primary) and Ohio, though, in the case of the latter, I also have a feeling that there's a good chance that, while Portman will have consistent leads in the polls in the final stretch of the campaign, Strickland rides the national tide and wins by less than 2% with a plurality on election night, in a major surprise to election observers.

I think the Dems will lose NC and pickup AZ (even though Ward will get destroyed in the primary) and at this point I don't think Strickland will win (3-6 point loss, I think), but other than that I agree with the caveat that things could easily change later in the cycle.

I suspect Rubio narrowly loses, but also wouldn't be surprised if he hangs on by the skin of his teeth.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »

Not that long ago, people thought it laughable that McGinty could beat Toomey

That was because most people on Atlas had a grudge against McGinty which is ironically similar to the Democratic establishment's grudge against Sestak.

But I actually think Murphy will eke out a narrow victory. I know that's a bold prediction, though.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »

Leaning no but I think he might be the (or maybe one of 2) GOP Senate candidate(s) that goes against the national tide and wins their competitive Senate race. I expect all but at most two of the competitive Senate races to break to the Dems.

FTR my gut feeling right now is that Dems win in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, and Nevada, with Republicans winning in Arizona (It seems like McCain will win his primary which I expect will lead to a low single digit win for him in November though I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Ward upsets in the primary) and Ohio, though, in the case of the latter, I also have a feeling that there's a good chance that, while Portman will have consistent leads in the polls in the final stretch of the campaign, Strickland rides the national tide and wins by less than 2% with a plurality on election night, in a major surprise to election observers.

I think the Dems will lose NC and pickup AZ (even though Ward will get destroyed in the primary) and at this point I don't think Strickland will win (3-6 point loss, I think), but other than that I agree with the caveat that things could easily change later in the cycle.

I suspect Rubio narrowly loses, but also wouldn't be surprised if he hangs on by the skin of his teeth.
I'm curious, why are you optimistic regarding AZ and pessimistic regarding NC?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 06:53:41 PM by Kevin »

I'm curious, why are you optimistic regarding AZ and pessimistic regarding NC?

IMO judging by today he wins comfortably. If Rubio loses then the GOP prob has already lost IN, NH, OH PA, NC, AZ, and maybe MO at that point in addition to IL and WI which are forgone conclusions as of now.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 07:06:07 PM »

I think it mostly comes down to his support among the Cuban establishment, particularly in and near Miami. He won Miami-Dade County in 2010 and won it big in the GOP primary this year despite losing the state. If he can do well there, he will win. If the county votes straight tickets, Trump drags him down, and he's toast. I think it's unclear, at this point, which scenario will unfold.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »

Don't know. As of now, I'll say yes. He's outperforming Trump by enough to win even if Clinton wins the state by 5 or 6.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »

I hope not. There is a lot of dissatisfaction with him on the ground among Republicans and a large number of Trump backers despise him. Murphy should be more anti-Rubio and less anti-Trump, because he already is palatable enough for most conservatives as far as Democrats go. He didn't get 60% in a Republican district for playing with his hands.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »

Probably not.
Present
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »

I think he will. He's pretty well-suited for Florida as a Republican, but the only thing that can stop him is Trump. As long as Trump gets pretty close to Clinton in Florida, straight ticket voting shouldn't hurt Rubio that harshly.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 09:41:12 PM »

I'm envisioning a hairline loss.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »

I am going to predict a narrow loss by 1-2 points, however this race could go either way at this point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »

He will lose like Toomey, Young & Ayotte will. Cause Trump will pull him down.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies