When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:03:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse?  (Read 6365 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 13, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »

With some left-leaning Democrats putting their allegiances with Palestine and other Arabian groups, in the 2016 Democratic platform, will this cause Jewish voters in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Nevada, etc, start to leave the Democratic Party and when would that exodus slowly begin?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »

I really don't think that Israel is that big of an issue for many American Jews other then those who maybe have family ties to the country. It's tough for me to see American Jews trending towards the GOP given that it's tough to see them moving away from Trumpism in the future and I really can't see a Ted Cruz type winning much more then 20% max of the Jewish vote. I also don't think Jewish millennials are politically all that different from the rest of their generation.
They're trending towards the GOP because the Democratic Party wants Palestinian voters. How can they sit by and watch Palestinians get access to the platform?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »

Jewish voters should be thinking long and hard after the BDS movement, which is somewhat anti-Semitic, but not surprising that leftist groups do anti-Semitic work. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat, I'm an Independent, but some of my Jewish friends are so solidly Democratic, when they see the party catering to fringe anti-Semitic groups and radical activists.

They may leave the party if forces like Linda Sarsour have control over the foreign policy aspect of the party. Some will remain.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/08/pro-palestine-protesters-booted-from-tense-city-hearing/

http://inthesetimes.com/article/19070/why-peter-beinart-is-wrong-about-pro-bds-anti-zionist-jews-like-me

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »

Jews in the US increasingly don't care that much about Israel.

They should once they see the anti-Semites in the college campuses. It's clear that some leftist Democrats are too pro-Palestinian.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:57 PM »

Some Jewish voters are leaving the Democratic Party by now. This action in the Univ. of Wisconsin shows. Some black voters do not like Jewish Americans, just like some white voters don't like Jewish Americans. It is sad, but it is a fact. Episodes like Crown Heights 1991 show sadly. If you don't know of Crown Heights, research it at your library and go on YouTube and check it out. 

http://www.jta.org/2017/04/27/news-opinion/united-states/university-of-wisconsin-student-government-passes-divestment-resolution

Jewish voters should be trending towards other political parties, but after the December 2016 U.N. resolution on Israel, some Jewish Democrats may be leaving.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies