When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:28:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse?  (Read 6392 times)
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:28:12 AM »

Never. We will never join the xenophobic, racist party, having been victims of that stuff so many times.
This so much.

Also, the vast majority of Jews support a two-state solution, so I don't see how that issue will significantly hurt the Democrats with Jewish voters.

Speaking to my personal experience, being a Democrat is a culturally important part of being Jewish.  Obviously there are Jewish Republicans out there, but they are a pretty small minority.  The GOP may be attempting to win us over through blindly pro-Israel stances, but much of their anti-urban/northeast/intellectual rhetoric contains many traces of anti-semitism.  Our 'New York values' will keep us voting Democrat for years to come.
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »

I really don't think that Israel is that big of an issue for many American Jews other then those who maybe have family ties to the country. It's tough for me to see American Jews trending towards the GOP given that it's tough to see them moving away from Trumpism in the future and I really can't see a Ted Cruz type winning much more then 20% max of the Jewish vote. I also don't think Jewish millennials are politically all that different from the rest of their generation.
They're trending towards the GOP because the Democratic Party wants Palestinian voters. How can they sit by and watch Palestinians get access to the platform?

Because many Jews support an independent Palestine.

As long as Hillary's Democratic Party continues to run the program and platform, then LLR's comment is 100% true. She's relatively pro-Israel and pro-two state solution, which is a good balance for most American Jews.

However, If Bernie's nutso supporters who burned Israeli flags/snubbed Jewish support for BLM become a plurality, or a majority, than there will be a fracturing in the Jewish vote, I think.

Reality is that Bernie was an aberration in terms of his FP, even bernie-type dems who may be fairly left economically, are still relatively hawkish like Warren, Gabbard, etc.
I'd agree with that.  Despite supporting Sanders in the primary, I'm probably closer to Clinton on foreign policy.  The same can be said about a lot of the Sanders supporters I know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies