When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse?  (Read 6359 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: August 13, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »

Never. We will never join the xenophobic, racist party, having been victims of that stuff so many times.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »

Excellent points (as always), Sunrise. However, one thing you neglected to mention is the growing secularism and growth of Reform Judaism, which contributes a little bit the other way.

But basically those posts are the answer to this thread.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:20:36 AM »

Well, as a son of a convert (my mother), I tend to disagree with you on that. I also happen to be a very Reform Jew (mainly because we're too lazy to join a synagogue). But I do agree that too much conversion/intermarriage could potentially be bad.

Based on your points, I think that, politically, Orthodox and Reform Jews will diverge more - with reforms becoming 85% Dem and Orthodox becoming more of a swing demographic, depending on the candidate.

Given the high Jewish population in Florida - and it's high rate of growth - all of this is significant.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »

I really don't think that Israel is that big of an issue for many American Jews other then those who maybe have family ties to the country. It's tough for me to see American Jews trending towards the GOP given that it's tough to see them moving away from Trumpism in the future and I really can't see a Ted Cruz type winning much more then 20% max of the Jewish vote. I also don't think Jewish millennials are politically all that different from the rest of their generation.
They're trending towards the GOP because the Democratic Party wants Palestinian voters. How can they sit by and watch Palestinians get access to the platform?

Because many Jews support an independent Palestine.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »

The GOP had been making in roads the last few cycles w/ Jews, but Trump is going to cause a massive setback for us, for sure.
That is very true. Good analysis Sunrise and LLR. While we're discussing this, are there any other Jewish Republican House candidates this year other than Zeldin (NY-01) and Kustoff (TN-08)? I'm curious as to whether or not the number of Republican Jews in Congress goes up in the coming years/decades.

Probably some in NYC but they are mostly hopeless
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies