When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:07:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Jewish voters leave the Democratic Party en masse?  (Read 6381 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:16:51 PM »

I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe the vast majority of Jewish people in this country live in urban areas. I think the Democratic Party's strength among Jewish voters goes hand in hand with their general strength in urban areas. Social conservatism and populist nationalism are radioactive in urban areas and among most Jewish voters. I don't think it's too dissimilar to the Mormon repulsion to Trump's proposed Muslim ban.

Ultra-orthodox enclaves like Borough Park aside (although I'd probably bet on Hillary winning there in November), I expect Jewish voters to stand with the Democratic Party so long as the current urban/rural divide exists. That divide will almost certainly reach historic proportions this year. It would take a fundamental realignment that I cannot possibly imagine happening. If anything, the movement this year is in the opposite direction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies