Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:04:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting  (Read 1709 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:15:55 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/13/us/milwaukee-violence-erupts-after-police-shooting/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's not the right response to a police shooting, even if it may seem unjustified (and this one looks a little justified). Luckily, order is being restored and things are getting better.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:44:08 AM »

Now I see why Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett couldn't beat Scott Walker in 2010 and 2012. He's ineffective. Weak. Can't control his city.
Wisconsinites don't want Milwaukeeans running the state. This could help Trump in a sense in the suburbs.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:54:11 AM »

Absolutely ridiculous. BP and an O'Reilly's have been burned to the ground, and an officer completely unrelated to the shooting has been sent to the hospital after a rioter threw a brick in his car window and hit him in the head. The people who use events like this as justification for their crimes are disgusting human beings. Not to mention the police officer seemed justified in his actions, the suspect had previously pointed the gun at said officer.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »

What a joke. The man was armed, and the police was clearly justified, and these losers in Milwaukee burn up the city. And people want to know why some don't want to enter these areas? It's asinine. Mayor Barrett is probably embarrassed. Scott Walker, the governor, ordered the National Guard to calm the area down and ask for order. These things only help Trump in the Milwaukee suburbs, where he's not popular in the first place.

http://fox6now.com/2016/08/14/gov-walker-activates-wisconsin-national-guard-in-wake-of-officer-involved-shooting-subsequent-violence/
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 08:22:08 PM »

BLM's biggest weakness continues to be rallying around terrible cases like this that muddy their message.

Of course, a good chunk of the rioters are probably ANSWER's saboteurs as usual.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

Well I see Scott Walker is still terrible as usual. Someone throws a brick through the window of a Denny's, and he calls out the National Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't even do that in Dallas last month when 5 officers were murdered! Great proportionate response Scott.

On a more serious note, since the man who was killed was armed, I doubt there will be any national outrage in this case.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 11:15:56 PM »

Well I see Scott Walker is still terrible as usual. Someone throws a brick through the window of a Denny's, and he calls out the National Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't even do that in Dallas last month when 5 officers were murdered! Great proportionate response Scott.

On a more serious note, since the man who was killed was armed, I doubt there will be any national outrage in this case.
The 2020 tea leaves on this one are in like 12 point font.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 11:21:32 PM »

Yes I'm sure Scott will drop out in September of the year before just like he did in the current election cycle.

Although I will say that Scott Walker would be preferable to Ted Cruz as president.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:03 PM »

Yes I'm sure Scott will drop out in September of the year before just like he did in the current election cycle.

Although I will say that Scott Walker would be preferable to Ted Cruz as president.

Not sure why - they pretty much agree on every issue. Is it because Walker is a lot more stupid than Cruz?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 11:33:11 PM »

Alleged photo of the suspect who was shot. Not exactly completely confirmed yet but if real...then yeah even I'd agree BLM should stay away from this one:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »

This will go over well...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »

It goes without saying, but... this is not the way to protest.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 06:28:31 AM »

Good thing though is that he only activated them if need and they would be called out by the MPD instead of the insane Clarke. In other good news they weren't needed. The other reason why they were called out was the "protesters" and an elected Alderman were basically threatening to burn condo towers on the east side.

The guy that was shot was involved in a shooting and then witness intimidation last year. While both BLMs (Black and Blue) both have good points they are led by some of most racist, idiotic people ever.

The BP that was burned had an owner/worker (can't remember which) allegedly shoot at a group of loitering black men that were supposedly armed last month and there were protests about boycotts about that. This is also happening in the heart of the ghetto so they're burning what little they have and likely making it harder for any type of jobs to get in to that area.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »

Good thing though is that he only activated them if need and they would be called out by the MPD instead of the insane Clarke. In other good news they weren't needed. The other reason why they were called out was the "protesters" and an elected Alderman were basically threatening to burn condo towers on the east side.

The guy that was shot was involved in a shooting and then witness intimidation last year. While both BLMs (Black and Blue) both have good points they are led by some of most racist, idiotic people ever.

The BP that was burned had an owner/worker (can't remember which) allegedly shoot at a group of loitering black men that were supposedly armed last month and there were protests about boycotts about that. This is also happening in the heart of the ghetto so they're burning what little they have and likely making it harder for any type of jobs to get in to that area.

IIs Clarke really that bad, MJ? i know. He spoke in defense of Trump at the RNC, but when even another WI Republican thinks he's insane...Shocked

I've heard him referred as "the black Joe Arpiao". What's your take on him, MJ?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:12 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 10:47:57 AM by MasterJedi »

IIs Clarke really that bad, MJ? i know. He spoke in defense of Trump at the RNC, but when even another WI Republican thinks he's insane...Shocked

He's said BLM is supporting ISIS. Said there is no such thing as Racism. Told people to arm themselves because the policy won't be there in time. Wants to send the national guard in to the north side and basically shoot up the protesters.

The list goes on, guy is nuts and on a power trip. He had a guy arrested once for writing something in the newspaper that he thought was mean. Got removed from running the county jail system for incompetence. Has said the county executive hates him because he has a small penis.

Yeah, Clarke is nuts, is power hungry, wants some higher office. It was funny back in 2004 when he ran for mayor and got third place by quite a bit.

EDIT: If Clarke had his way he would send the national guard in and have them mow down all the protesters. He's made it clear he thinks BLM and protesters are terrorists and they should be shot.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »

The officer that shot the armed man was also black.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »

It goes without saying, but... this is not the way to protest.

This is almost Rodney King Riots-level of civil unrest. The National Guard being brought in was the right decision.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 12:42:04 PM by bronz4141 »

He's said BLM is supporting ISIS. Said there is no such thing as Racism. Told people to arm themselves because the policy won't be there in time. Wants to send the national guard in to the north side and basically shoot up the protesters.

The list goes on, guy is nuts and on a power trip. He had a guy arrested once for writing something in the newspaper that he thought was mean. Got removed from running the county jail system for incompetence. Has said the county executive hates him because he has a small penis.

Yeah, Clarke is nuts, is power hungry, wants some higher office. It was funny back in 2004 when he ran for mayor and got third place by quite a bit.

EDIT: If Clarke had his way he would send the national guard in and have them mow down all the protesters. He's made it clear he thinks BLM and protesters are terrorists and they should be shot.

Some of the protesters should be removed. Some of them are agitators. Not all of them are good. Agitators cause violence on themselves because they agitate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »

Some of the protesters should be removed. Some of them are agitators. Not all of them are good. Agitators cause violence on themselves because they agitate.

Sounds like Trump, time to remove him from the US and send him somewhere like Somalia.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »

Geez! That's in some ways even worse than Arpaio. How the hell does he stay elected in such an overwhelmingly Democratic county?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »

Geez! That's in some ways even worse than Arpaio. How the hell does he stay elected in such an overwhelmingly Democratic county?

EDIT: Per Wiki he's still a registered Democrat despite speaking at the RNC, and the answer to my question is "just barely" by squeeking out wins of 54%, 53%, and 52% in his last three primaries. my guess is he either retires or is toast in 18.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 06:54:08 PM »

As others have said he's a registered Democrat and has barely won primaries the last few times. In Milwaukee before this year the left hasn't turned out well in off year primaries and spring elections. In addition there haven't been any contested Republican primaries at that time so there has been HUGE crossover for him (remember, WI doesn't have party registration). Also, Clarke pre 2012 was never this bad, and a lot earlier (pre 2004) he was normal and has support from the black community which is somewhat hanging around.

Next time if there's a contested Republican primary and with how he's gotten since 2012 and especially 2014 I think he's done.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 11:16:34 PM »

Not sure why - they pretty much agree on every issue. Is it because Walker is a lot more stupid than Cruz?

No, its because Cruz scares me. He's got that wicked snarling face, he reminds me of Joe McCarthy. I wouldn't trust him to mind my dog, let alone run the country. 

Scott Walker is on the far right, but he's very low key about it. IIRC he's just as evangelical as Cruz is, but Walker is stealthy. He makes very bad policy decisions but you don't see him defending them in public like Trump & Cruz do.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »

Clarke has said liberals and Black Lies Matter are behind the riots.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »

Clarke has said liberals and Black Lies Matter are behind the riots.

Idiot is only going to make things worse.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies