Mother and son in love in N.M. will go to jail to defend their relationship (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:54:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Mother and son in love in N.M. will go to jail to defend their relationship (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should sexual acts between a mother and adult son be legal?
Legal

Illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Mother and son in love in N.M. will go to jail to defend their relationship  (Read 5668 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 15, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »

You probably know I'm pretty liberal, but there must be some line. Beside, you may talk about it's being harmless, but, from psychological point of view, it can't possibly be harmless.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »

Never thought I'd say this, but this thread is a perfect example of "who am I to judge" attitude going too far.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Never thought I'd say this, but this thread is a perfect example of "who am I to judge" attitude going too far.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why the consenting relationship itself should be illegal.

OK, in this particular case (parent-child incestous relationship) one may argue that severe psychological effects outweights consent. Due to a very specific parent-child dynamics I simply don't believe it being in any way "healthy".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

This thread is almost as fun as the one about Rachel Dolelzal! People just keep on tripping over the contradictions of ideology. I think Kalwejt's post-- and I don't mean to call him out in particular or anything-- sums it up best: "there should be a line". You're not really sure where exactly this line should be drawn, but you have the general impression there ought to be one somewhere.

You're right. It's hard to say where exactly this line should be drawn and it would be arrogant to pretend to know every bloody answer. Unfortunately, just stating all over again "consensual/who am I to judge?" it's quite vague as well.

I guess I can address only this particular case. I have serious doubts about "consent" argument applying here, due to whole complicated dynamics of parent-child relationship. And even if we consider it perfectly consensual, there is still a question of longterm psychological effects, which puts "but nobody is getting hurt" argument in doubts. I'd probably agree with most of you if it was about sister-brother relationship (I would still find that gross, but not sinister). Still, parent-child is an exceptional case.

Ftr, I don't think they should go to jail.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »

Oh, I see, a vaginal intercourse between a mother and a son is unacceptable, but anal sex between the parties is just fine?

I think this issue goes a little deeper than that (no pun intended), whatever your ultimate position is.

I generally subscribe to the notion of government staying away from what consenting adults are doing in bed and when there's no harm done to either side, but again, I'm not convinced we can talk about normal contest in such situations as well as claim there's "no harm".

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 05:30:33 PM »

Btw, I genuinely wonder what would be Dave's reaction had he seen this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 06:16:00 AM »

Vaginal sex is icky. I demand legislation to address this.

#StopWarOnVaginas
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies