Hillary scrubs sexual assault pledge after allegations against Bill resurface
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary scrubs sexual assault pledge after allegations against Bill resurface
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary scrubs sexual assault pledge after allegations against Bill resurface  (Read 2021 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »

Not defend Seriously?, but why in the world did that statement disappear from the website? Or is that just the NYPost making up stuff? Wouldn't put it past them, but I'd like to be sure.
I'm not going to give that link clicks, so I'm a little lacking on details, but from what he quoted, it says

"the statement was featured prominently last year."

It seems entirely likely, and frankly more likely, that that particular statement just got lost as the page got overhauled before the primaries/GE as part of a website/platform tinkering and the connection to this other event is entirely coincidental (and possibly deceitfully made to look closer in time to the edit than is reality).
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 02:08:16 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 02:13:41 AM by Seriously? »

-Looks at clock- -Looks up- -Looks at clock-
"Yep. It's that time of the night again."

LOL
Now playing: The Seriously? Hillary Watch Hour

I think Seriously posts his "ridiculous" threads late at night, in the hopes that a Mod is absent and doesn't vaporize it, like they have so many times in the past.
These threads are usually composed from articles found on websites that are garbage, like his infamous thread from "The Canary."
GIGO.
Question: Who broke the Biogenesis story about A-Rod doping in baseball?
Question: Who broke the John Edwards mistress story?
Question: Who broke the Dan Rather fake documents story?
Question: Who broke the Monica Lewinsky/Bill Clinton story?

Places/publications that were not mainstream. Just because the source may be a smaller publication without much readership doesn't make it any less true.

Hillary Clinton used to be on the board of directors of a company that pays tribute to ISIS. That same company has an extensive relationship with the Clinton Foundation. Note: that story has not been denied because it can't be denied. It's the truth.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 02:09:41 AM »

Not defend Seriously?, but why in the world did that statement disappear from the website? Or is that just the NYPost making up stuff? Wouldn't put it past them, but I'd like to be sure.
I'm not going to give that link clicks, so I'm a little lacking on details, but from what he quoted, it says

"the statement was featured prominently last year."

It seems entirely likely, and frankly more likely, that that particular statement just got lost as the page got overhauled before the primaries/GE as part of a website/platform tinkering and the connection to this other event is entirely coincidental (and possibly deceitfully made to look closer in time to the edit than is reality).

That makes sense. Thanks.

(and yeah, I didn't even bother with what was quoted, because... seriously?)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 02:09:47 AM »

It's funny the length Hillbots here will go to defend their conniving candidate.

Let's see Hillary has been accused of:

Lying about Benghazi/causing deaths of US soldiers.
Storing emails on an unsecure personal server and then deleting those emails.
Defending Bill against rape allegations
Defending other rapists, getting them off the hook.

Even if a lot of those are mostly garbage or spun (but probably not) there's also actual events:

The "reset button" incident with Russia, showing her incompetence with foreign relations.
Her whistleblower staffer that mysteriously commits "suicide" along with others that have perhaps been silenced.
Bernie's odd surrendering of his campaign and selling out (Was he threatened too?)

And that's just off the top of my head. These things are why I think Hillary will be a terrible POTUS.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 02:13:41 AM »

It's funny the length Hillbots here will go to defend their conniving candidate.
I think she's a completely terrible candidate, but Hillary has defended Bill against these allegations for years; why have that up on her website only until this most recent, not well publicized claim and then hurry to remember, find, and pull that sentence? There are plenty of complaints to hang on Hillary Clinton. This one, like many of the most recent ones as Trump has flailed, just don't hold up to even surface level scrutiny.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 02:30:04 AM »

I think she's a completely terrible candidate, but Hillary has defended Bill against these allegations for years; why have that up on her website only until this most recent, not well publicized claim and then hurry to remember, find, and pull that sentence? There are plenty of complaints to hang on Hillary Clinton. This one, like many of the most recent ones as Trump has flailed, just don't hold up to even surface level scrutiny.

It is one of the weaker allegations but it just seems to pile up. Trump isn't much better, but at least he's giving full display of his terribleness.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 05:22:23 AM »

Places/publications that were not mainstream. Just because the source may be a smaller publication without much readership doesn't make it any less true.

Question: Who broke a billion other news stories?

Places that were mainstream. But please, continue with your false equivalence: I'm sure both types of sources have equal track records of accuracy, are totally valid and we should always give them both equal benefit of the doubt!
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:30 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 06:23:45 AM by Paleocon »

I speak for many conservatives on Atlas when I say that Seriously? is doing us all a massive favor by being so active in the 2016 board and calling out the hypocrisy of the left and the mainstream media.
We could find out Hillary got somebody assassinated with some degree of legitimacy and some of the hacks will still say "Seriously stop being paranoid xD. You're just like jfern."
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 06:25:10 AM »

Also, the whole believing people's claims no matter what doesn't exactly make sense with the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 06:42:46 AM »

Believing the alleged victim in all circumstances is superficially silly and meaningfully detrimental to justice, so good for Hillary.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »

Neither Clinton nor any other liberal has said that we should always believe accusers no matter what -- that's an especially stupid strawman. Obviously we don't believe accusers if evidence shows that they aren't telling the truth.

The problem is that so many people just automatically knee-jerk disbelieve the accusers no matter the evidence. That's what Hillary and other liberals are fighting against.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:30 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 07:12:21 AM by GM Kalwejt »

The "reset button" incident with Russia, showing her incompetence with foreign relations.

You do realize that as Secretary of State Hillary wasn't pursing her own foreign policy, but the Presidents?

FTR, I have some beef with Obama/Hillary foreign policy, but reset seemed a reasonable choice at that time and it wasn't the U.S. that broke the deal.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »

Let's see Hillary has been accused of:

Lying about Benghazi/causing deaths of US soldiers.
Storing emails on an unsecure personal server and then deleting those emails.
Defending Bill against rape allegations
Defending other rapists, getting them off the hook.

Even if a lot of those are mostly garbage or spun (but probably not) there's also actual events:

Her whistleblower staffer that mysteriously commits "suicide" along with others that have perhaps been silenced.
Bernie's odd surrendering of his campaign and selling out (Was he threatened too?)

And that's just off the top of my head. These things are why I think Hillary will be a terrible POTUS.

Did she kill Vince Foster, too? What if she and Bill did 9/11? And what about the millions of children she gave healthcare to BENGHAZI?!!!!!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 07:48:04 AM »

Believing the alleged victim in all circumstances is superficially silly and meaningfully detrimental to justice, so good for Hillary.
Exactly what I was thinking.

This is actually the good thing she does in this story. It's a move away from SJW/feminist idiocy.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2016, 08:07:06 AM »

Seriously?,

Please stop trying. We'd all prefer being able to sit through a day without looking at another mindless conspiracy theory with no basis. I hear the Breitbart comment section is looking for people just like you! Go there! Go! Leave this site and never come back, or at the very least stop spreading your filth across these boards.

Sincerely, LLR

And to all the other people screaming about "HACKS!!!!!" Let me just remind you: these "stories" have been breaking about Hillary for 30 years and she's been proven innocent every time. Until you find me a conspiracy with basis that both actually matters and is worse than something Trump has done, then I will have to flip my support. But until then, shut up about our hackery, since you're so much ing worse.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2016, 08:12:04 AM »

At the risk of sounding like an MRA, I agree with you. Alleged victims have the right to have their allegations taken seriously, not necessarily the right to be believed.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »

At the risk of sounding like an MRA, I agree with you. Alleged victims have the right to have their allegations taken seriously, not necessarily the right to be believed.

This is the Hillary/feminist position. Surely you don't believe the silly strawman that the hard right tries to paint?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »

I speak for many conservatives on Atlas when I say that Seriously? is doing us all a massive favor by being so active in the 2016 board and calling out the hypocrisy of the left and the mainstream media.
We could find out Hillary got somebody assassinated with some degree of legitimacy and some of the hacks will still say "Seriously stop being paranoid xD. You're just like jfern."
Damn the stupid is strong with you.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

Seriously?,

Please stop trying. We'd all prefer being able to sit through a day without looking at another mindless conspiracy theory with no basis. I hear the Breitbart comment section is looking for people just like you! Go there! Go! Leave this site and never come back, or at the very least stop spreading your filth across these boards.

Sincerely, LLR

And to all the other people screaming about "HACKS!!!!!" Let me just remind you: these "stories" have been breaking about Hillary for 30 years and she's been proven innocent every time. Until you find me a conspiracy with basis that both actually matters and is worse than something Trump has done, then I will have to flip my support. But until then, shut up about our hackery, since you're so much ing worse.
I clearly apologize for the statements written by the New York Post. You make it like I am the journalist that wrote this story.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »

The sentence about having the right to be believed was removed at the beginning of February and is still available in the video attached. So I doubt it has anything to do with the current allegations.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 12:02:07 PM by ProudModerate2 »

-Looks at clock- -Looks up- -Looks at clock-
"Yep. It's that time of the night again."

LOL
Now playing: The Seriously? Hillary Watch Hour

I think Seriously posts his "ridiculous" threads late at night, in the hopes that a Mod is absent and doesn't vaporize it, like they have so many times in the past.
These threads are usually composed from articles found on websites that are garbage, like his infamous thread from "The Canary."
GIGO.

Hillary Clinton used to be on the board of directors of a company that pays tribute to ISIS. That same company has an extensive relationship with the Clinton Foundation. Note: that story has not been denied because it can't be denied. It's the truth.

The New York Post is a tabloid, Seriously.
That is all we need to know.
Please create a thread regarding one of your tabloids' great stories, like "Hillary had child with alien from distant planet."
Do you want to see some of the silly headlines and stories that the New York Post puts out ? .... here you go :
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2016, 06:26:38 PM »

Seriously?,

Sincerely, LLR

I clearly apologize for the statements written by the New York Post. You make it like I am the journalist that wrote this story.

I'm not talking about specifically, I'm talking about everything you've ever posted, and don't pretend you're too stupid to understand that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2016, 01:01:36 AM »

I speak for many conservatives moronic cranks on Atlas when I say that Seriously? is doing us all a massive favor by being so active in the 2016 board and calling out the hypocrisy of the left and the mainstream media.

Fixed
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies