Hillary begins debate prep: Lewinsky, Flowers, rape, emails and foundation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary begins debate prep: Lewinsky, Flowers, rape, emails and foundation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary begins debate prep: Lewinsky, Flowers, rape, emails and foundation  (Read 818 times)
psychprofessor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2016, 08:29:20 AM »

Wow, thank goodness Team Clinton is preparing for all options. Who knows what type of loose canon Trump will be, but I'm glad that she begins prep thinking of all the sordid details that Trump brings up.

If Trump attacks her regarding Lewinsky or Flowers, what do you think her response should be? I'm curious about how she would respond if Trump tries to bring up these intensely personal issues.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-prepare-trump-debate-lewinsky-227033
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »

She has no defense. Her husband is the white Bill Cosby and she basically unearthed a scorched Earth policy to defend him.

As far as what she'll say, if attacked, is something along the lines of it being personal. We all have personal challenges, etc. Try to humanize it and implicate Trump in a way for being a bad man for even insinuating anything -- maybe even get a swipe in about his challenged personal life.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »

Wow, thank goodness Team Clinton is preparing for all options. Who knows what type of loose canon Trump will be, but I'm glad that she begins prep thinking of all the sordid details that Trump brings up.

If Trump attacks her regarding Lewinsky or Flowers, what do you think her response should be? I'm curious about how she would respond if Trump tries to bring up these intensely personal issues.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-prepare-trump-debate-lewinsky-227033

She won't dignify those types of attacks with a response that would hurt her, that's for sure.  Trump would be foolish to bring up Bill's past in the debate.  Those comments would backfire immediately and all Hillary would have to do is remain professional and let Trump lose more credibility with the millions of Americans watching.  The media would then proceed to destroy him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »

She has no defense. Her husband is the white Bill Cosby and she basically unearthed a scorched Earth policy to defend him.

As far as what she'll say, if attacked, is something along the lines of it being personal. We all have personal challenges, etc. Try to humanize it and implicate Trump in a way for being a bad man for even insinuating anything -- maybe even get a swipe in about his challenged personal life.

Honestly, I can’t believe that Bill’s affairs are still a hot topic. The Lewinsky thing is already known and long over. The fact that we a have a Republican nominee who insults all kinds of people and who asks why nukes can’t be used is of much more importance than a few mistresses years ago. The rape claims are ridiculous without any proof who are made up by people who only seek public attention at the expense of others (in all fairness, I also doubt the rape accusations against the Trumpster are true).
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »

She won't dignify those types of attacks with a response that would hurt her, that's for sure.  Trump would be foolish to bring up Bill's past in the debate.  Those comments would backfire immediately and all Hillary would have to do is remain professional and let Trump lose more credibility with the millions of Americans watching.  The media would then proceed to destroy him.

Hillary knows Trump can't resist taking the bait on this, so they're going to set a trap to make sure it backfires on Trump in a way that makes him look as cruel and misogynistic as possible.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:13:11 AM »

Honestly, I can’t believe that Bill’s affairs are still a hot topic. The Lewinsky thing is already known and long over. The fact that we a have a Republican nominee who insults all kinds of people and who asks why nukes can’t be used is of much more importance than a few mistresses years ago. The rape claims are ridiculous without any proof who are made up by people who only seek public attention at the expense of others (in all fairness, I also doubt the rape accusations against the Trumpster are true).

Republicans resort to these attacks because they have nothing else.  Pure desperation that has failed for nearly two decades.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »

From the article, Clinton camp is trying to find someone to play Trump in debate prep, and Mark Cuban has volunteered if they ask him. Other people mentioned include:
-James Carville
-Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY)
-Ron Klain
-Former PA Gov. Ed Rendell (though he's not angling for it)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »

From the article, Clinton camp is trying to find someone to play Trump in debate prep, and Mark Cuban has volunteered if they ask him. Other people mentioned include:
-James Carville
-Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY)
-Ron Klain
-Former PA Gov. Ed Rendell (though he's not angling for it)

Tim Kaine would also be interesting for this role. Or Mr. President himself.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »

She can prepare all that she wants. She'll sound even more rehearsed and robotic while Trump is more unpredictable and can divert from the script.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »

She can prepare all that she wants. She'll sound even more rehearsed and robotic while Trump is more unpredictable and can divert from the script.

Yep, we know the outcome of his speeches without a teleprompter.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

That will be the point he calls her a bitch on live TV and hangs himself with his own mouth.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »

Yep, we know the outcome of his speeches without a teleprompter.

If managed properly, he could pull it off by being unpredictable and catching Hillary off-guard. Trump's biggest weakness in the debate is that he won't have a stage full of cringing betas cowering in terror that he'll pick on them next.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 09:41:15 AM »

I'm sure if he does, the 13 million people who voted for Trump in the primaries will, like, super-vote for him in the general.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 09:44:23 AM »

Maybe it's time we implement "extreme vetting" to keep deranged lunatics off this forum.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »

I hope her inner circle isn't too leak-proof, I'd pay a fortune to read Halperin & Heilemann's chapter on her debate prep.  That was the best part of the 2012 book.
kyc0705

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 11:25:15 AM »

Maybe it's time we implement "extreme vetting" to keep deranged lunatics off this forum.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 11:41:13 AM »

Republicans resort to these attacks because they have nothing else.  Pure desperation that has failed for nearly two decades.
Yeah, because that's the line of attack that has been used on moral Presidents like Obama. Billy Jeff owns this one solo because of his actions, not those of the Republican Party. No other President has been accused of rape multiple times.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 11:48:14 AM »

That will be the point he calls her a bitch on live TV and hangs himself with his own mouth.

I really think he's going to do something like this.

And then Hillary: "Every woman in this country heard very clearly what you just said."
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »

And then Hillary: "Every woman in this country heard very clearly what you just said."

Will Fiorina be Hillary's debate coach?
psychprofessor

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »

Will Fiorina be Hillary's debate coach?

Well, we just learned that Roger Ailes will be Trump's debate coach, so I can see the misogyny and sexism cards will be played.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies