Trump shakes up campaign yet again, sidelines Manafort
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:56:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump shakes up campaign yet again, sidelines Manafort
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump shakes up campaign yet again, sidelines Manafort  (Read 5261 times)
Seriously?
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

Dear lord, how can anyone call Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio or John Kasich RINOs but then go on and say that Trump is a true conservative?
Because Kasich and Romney are pretty much RINOs when it comes to Obamacare, trade and immigration. Trump is not.

Rubio has some conservative credentials.

You're seriously unbelievable.  Romney's entire path to the nomination was being a hardline conservative on immigration!!  Both have been vocally against Obamacare.  And trade?!  Jesus Christ, man.  Let me get this straight: if you agree with the RNC platform on trade, you're a RINO?!  That's literally contradictory.  You're not a real Republican unless you agree with Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of Congressional Democrats on trade??

Seriously? is probably one of those guys who thinks that Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp are to the right of John Kasich.
Machin may very well be. Kasich accepted Obamacare's Medicaid subsidies and was terrible on immigration control. He's exactly what I don't want in a Republican candidate.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2016, 02:33:19 PM »

Dear lord, how can anyone call Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio or John Kasich RINOs but then go on and say that Trump is a true conservative?
Because Kasich and Romney are pretty much RINOs when it comes to Obamacare, trade and immigration. Trump is not.

You're seriously unbelievable.  Romney's entire path to the nomination was being a hardline conservative on immigration!!  Both have been vocally against Obamacare.  And trade?!  Jesus Christ, man.  Let me get this straight: if you agree with the RNC platform on trade, you're a RINO?!  That's literally contradictory.  You're not a real Republican unless you agree with Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of Congressional Democrats on trade??
Romney was the grandfather of Obamacare. I have no use for a politician like that.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »

Great move by Trump. He's pissed off Glen Beck and has these liberals "unbiased" reporters in a tizzy reporting utter nonsense this morning.

Trump is just adding to his machine while he builds momentum towards the November election. He needs more help as the campaign ramps up and the first commercials go on the air.

This move was needed to Make America Great Again! Take no prisoners against Crooked Hillary! Donald Trump...

> Thinks plssing off Glenn Beck is praiseworthy
> Calls people RINOs

LOL, just call it what it is: you are part of a cult.  You're going to agree with everything Trump says or does, or at least defend it.
Glenn Beck is not a good Republican. He was in the cult of Ted Cruz and is still butthurt over the fact that his candidate didn't win.

People should be called out as RINOs when they do not support the nominee. Conservatives have had to hold their noses over the last two cycles and vote for the GOP-e candidate of choice.

I like these moves. It shows me that Trump will not capitulate to the GOP-e. I like a sharp tone against Untrustworthy Lyin' Crooked Hillary! I like that if Trump is going to go down in defeat, he'll do it swinging and not surrendering like Mitt Romney.

Admits his candidate will go down in defeat, still defends campaign strategy. Huh
Because that big bold if qualifier matters for not. Reading is fundamental sometimes.

"If" is not a qualifier in this sentence. The premise of the statement is that he is going to lose.
I am pretty sure that I know the intent of my words a lot better than you do.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2016, 02:34:45 PM »

Great move by Trump. He's pissed off Glen Beck and has these liberals "unbiased" reporters in a tizzy reporting utter nonsense this morning.

Trump is just adding to his machine while he builds momentum towards the November election. He needs more help as the campaign ramps up and the first commercials go on the air.

This move was needed to Make America Great Again! Take no prisoners against Crooked Hillary! Donald Trump...

> Thinks plssing off Glenn Beck is praiseworthy
> Calls people RINOs

LOL, just call it what it is: you are part of a cult.  You're going to agree with everything Trump says or does, or at least defend it.
Glenn Beck is not a good Republican. He was in the cult of Ted Cruz and is still butthurt over the fact that his candidate didn't win.

People should be called out as RINOs when they do not support the nominee. Conservatives have had to hold their noses over the last two cycles and vote for the GOP-e candidate of choice.

I like these moves. It shows me that Trump will not capitulate to the GOP-e. I like a sharp tone against Untrustworthy Lyin' Crooked Hillary! I like that if Trump is going to go down in defeat, he'll do it swinging and not surrendering like Mitt Romney.

Admits his candidate will go down in defeat, still defends campaign strategy. Huh
Because that big bold if qualifier matters for not. Reading is fundamental sometimes.

"If" is not a qualifier in this sentence. The premise of the statement is that he is going to lose.
I am pretty sure that I know the intent of my words a lot better than you do.

Whatever, Loser Donald is going to lose anyway. Deal with it
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »

Romney was the grandfather of Obamacare. I have no use for a politician like that.
Says the man who supports Donald Trump.

You know, you're the best example of cognitive dissonance I've ever seen.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »

As many have pointed out .... Seriously is a cultist for everything and anything trump .... a zombie for the orange-haired clown.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »

Trump is hardly a diehard opponent of gov't healthcare. He praised Scotland and Canada's system and was labeled as supporting socialized medicine by Ted Cruz for merely saying he didn't want to "let people die in the street".

I thought it was one of Trump's best moments of the whole campaign.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »

With Trump's polling barely improving since the DNC and his campaign becoming an even bigger dumpster fire by the day, I'm starting to think this election is unwinnable for him without a black swan event.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »

With Trump's polling barely improving since the DNC and his campaign becoming an even bigger dumpster fire by the day, I'm starting to think this election is unwinnable for him without a black swan event.

Yeah, I entertained that thought in my most recent election map. I don't think it's certain we're there yet, but the argument gets stronger by the day: https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/PRESIDENT/2016/pred.php?action=indpred&id=2660
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »

Yet he ran strictly against it in 2012 ... It's almost as if you hold Romney to things he did in his past that were too liberal for you.  Surely you'll hold The Donald to the same scrutiny?

And I'm sorry, but it is an indisputable fact that you're a ing idiot if you think Joe Manchin is to the right of John Kasich.  Folksy attitude and hating political correctness has NOTHING TO DO WITH CONSERVATISM.  Get it through your thick skull.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

Yet he ran strictly against it in 2012 ... It's almost as if you hold Romney to things he did in his past that were too liberal for you.  Surely you'll hold The Donald to the same scrutiny?

And I'm sorry, but it is an indisputable fact that you're a ing idiot if you think Joe Manchin is to the right of John Kasich.  Folksy attitude and hating political correctness has NOTHING TO DO WITH CONSERVATISM.  Get it through your thick skull.

This is true to the extent that it has little to do with movement conservative intellectuals, but I do think it has quite a bit to do with whatever we are going to call the driving ideology of the modern Republican party. Folksiness and calling Obama a terrorist were why so many on the right loved Palin in 2008. Trump comes from the exact same tradition, and it is hardly a surprise that he caught on with those who define conservatism in those sorts of terms.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »

It, unfortunately, makes sense. Trump cannot change or be changed. Hence, the only way is to exploit what he is. It is going to be scary - and I would not be feeling safe here at all. While it, probably, not work, there is always a chance it might.
So true!

Trump just cannot go halfway. It is like being latent homosexual. You dream about guys, but f**k your lawful life, because "it is the way it supposes to be" — no one's happy! But you can't fool yourself.

Neither can Trump.
It will be fun! It should!
And it will be epic, I hope!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2016, 04:38:30 PM »

Doubling down didn't work, so we're going to quintuple down.  Yeah!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »

Seriously? is probably one of those guys who thinks that Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp are to the right of John Kasich.
Machin may very well be. Kasich accepted Obamacare's Medicaid subsidies and was terrible on immigration control. He's exactly what I don't want in a Republican candidate.

lol
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »

Trump knows he is losing badly and is highly likely to lose the race so he is just going to give in to his base impulses and blow up the septic tank.  Then he can at least say he covered himself in feces "my way."

In the meantime, the fat lady is warming up.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2016, 12:52:06 AM »

Trump knows he is losing badly and is highly likely to lose the race so he is just going to give in to his base impulses and blow up the septic tank.  Then he can at least say he covered himself in feces "my way."

In the meantime, the fat lady is warming up.

Don't look now ... but I think I can hear her coming ....

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:28 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Man, still digging that hole, eh. Wink
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »

I don't normally compliment the Trump campaign, but I just saw a few interviews with Kellyanne Conway, one of his new managers, and I think she's probably the most articulate person who could have possibly been interested in the job.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:31 AM »

As many have pointed out .... Seriously is a cultist for everything and anything trump .... a zombie for the orange-haired clown.

Living in the right-wing bubble does that to people. They're trapped, much like an addict. Facts do not penetrate, as the cult inside the bubble only believes the nonsense that comes out of their echo chambers Faux Noise, Drudge, Breitbart, talk radio, etc.

Yes, Seriously? is a troll, but he's a good one seeing as how he manages to ruffle so many feathers. You just gotta laugh at him and mock him and above all else, don't take him "seriously."

Back to the original topic, how many more "shake ups" is the Trump "campaign" going to have before the big earthquake occurs on November 8?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies