Office of Fremont Senator Cris.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:30:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fremont Senator Cris.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Fremont Senator Cris.  (Read 1104 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:28:27 PM »

Welcome to the office of Fremont Senator Cris (UA-Fremont). This thread will contain my statements and updates about my activity in the Senate. Also, both in this thread and privately, I'll answer the questions coming from all the people of Fremont and of Atlasia.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:29:34 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2016, 03:23:26 AM by Senator Cris »

Contact the Senator!

Personal Message
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2016, 06:34:11 AM by Senator Cris »

Statements:
Statement on upcoming House election
Statement on National Right to Life Act
Statement on Bugger Off Act of 2016
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2016, 03:24:01 AM by Senator Cris »

Voting record:
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 05:41:40 AM »

Thanks! Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:20:18 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 07:31:01 AM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 07:53:12 AM »

Thank you so much! Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

Statement on upcoming House election

Today, I swore in as Fremont Senator. It's good to be back in the Senate.

The seats of the other branch of Congress, the House, are up for grabs from today to Sunday. Former NE Representative Abraham Washington has my full support. He's a nice person, a dedicated poster, who ran a very strong and active (maybe the most active campaign of all candidates running) and that'll stand up for all Atlasians when elected to the House.
As of the other preferences, I think ideology is important, but at the same time I invite you to consider how a candidate had been active during this campaign and during his term in the House. Some candidates have not posted a campaign update for nearly 20 days. This will be important on my decisions and I hope you'll do the same.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 10:11:36 AM »

Statement on National Right to Life Act

As promised during my campaign, I'm working for common-sense solutions that favors everyone. That's the case of the National Right to Life Act, passed by the House and now under debate in the Senate.

That act came to the Senate as too extreme and work for improving it is necessary. That's why I presented two amendments:

First amendment: In the first clause of the bill it was said that abortion is legal before the 20th week of pregnancy and in cases of rape, incest and threat to mother's healt, but organizations and agents of the government were allowed to facilities abortion just in case of incest, rape, threat to mother's healt and not if it was before the 20th week. So conform the other clauses of the bill to the first clause was necessary. The amendment passed without objection.

Second amendment: The current range is 24-26 weeks, and considered that I don't see why it should be lowered to 20 weeks now, I presented another amendment to raise it from 20 to 24 weeks. A vote on the amendment is underway right now, but it has enough votes to pass.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 03:31:32 AM »

Statement on Bugger Off Act of 2016

Right now, this bill is under discussion in the Senate.

The goal of the bill is to reduce the number of not desiderated PMs from candidates during the campaigns. Those who don't want to be contacted shall have an asterisk placed next to their name in the Census List. This might be a good idea, but I have great concerns on this.

First of all: what's the point of having this if there isn't a sanction or something else if this is not respected by the candidates?

Also... let's suppose that there are two candidates (Candidate A and Candidate B). Candidate A respects this bill and doesn't contact those with the asterisk on the voters list. Candidate B doesn't respect the bill and contacts those with the asterisk on the list, so these voters, even if they wanted to be part of the Do Not PM list, can still hear what Candidate B has to say and might be led to vote for him over Candidate A.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:14 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2016, 02:41:05 PM by Senator Cris »

Statement on Anti-Terror Coalition Resolution

Today, I presented this resolution:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ISIS and other terror groups must be defeated and Atlasia can't do it alone. I'm a supporter of an international coalition composed by all countries except those suspected to have ties with terror groups.
This coalition would coordinate military projects, intelligence operations and air strikes. But let's be clear: we are not speaking of operations on the ground.
Obviously Atlasia can give funds and weapons only to our historic allies and not to countries like Russia that might use that funds and weapons against us.

The Congress can't legislate on that, considered that we can't force foreign countries into an alliance and so the Secretary of State shall meet with the other heads of state to cement this coalition. We, as Congress, are giving to the Secretary of State a clear mandate and a clear framework for the negotiations and the composition/work of the coalition.

This resolution needs to be improved. Details shall be added and that's what Congress will do. But this is a good start.
I'd like to thank Senator Tmthforu94 of South and Secretary of State Truman for their help and contribution for the setting up of this resolution.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »

Statistics on my August activity will be posted in the next few days.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »

Statistics - August votes

- Orlando Memorial Act (Final vote): AYE (passed)
- Compassionate Release Act (final vote): NAY (failed to pass)
- Conservagreen Brigade Terrorist Designation Act (final vote): AYE (passed)
- Ukranian Freedom Act (final vote): AYE (passed)
- National Right to Life Act (final vote): AYE (passed)
- Federal Reserve Transparency Act (final vote): ABSTAIN (failed to pass)
- Bugger Off Act of 2016 (final vote): NAY (failed to pass)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »

Statement on President Leinad not running for 2nd term

I'd like to thank President Leinad for his service to the country.
During my time here in Atlasia, I got to know him well. He's an active person, he loves Atlasia and he always decided to put the interests of Atlasia first.
I wish him all the best.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2016, 04:27:48 AM by Senator Cris »

Statement on Anti Terror Coalition resolution

I'm proud to see that the Senate passed the Anti Terror Coalition resolution, a resolution presented by me and co-sponsored by many of my colleagues. It's a common sense resolution that gives to the Secretary of State a clear mandate for the formation of an anti terror coalition and that provides indications for the formation, composition of the coalition.

I'm looking forward to see this resolution being debated in the House and signed by the President.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »

Results of Poll on Presidential Elections

36 Atlasia registered voters participated in this poll.

Q: In case of a tie, what should be done?

31%: A runoff shall be held
28%: The candidate with the highest number of first preferences shall win and, in case of further tie, a runoff shall be held
19%: The House shall elect the President, the Senate shall elect the Vice President
8%: The candidate with the highest number of first preferences shall win and, in case of further tie, the House shall elect the President, the Senate shall elect the Vice President
6%: The candidate with the highest number of first preferences shall win and, in case of further tie, the Senate shall elect the President and the Vice President
6%: The Senate shall elect the President, the House shall elect the Vice President
3%: The candidate with the highest number of first preferences shall win and, in case of further tie, the Senate shall elect the President and the Vice President

Q: Do you think the Secretary of Federal Elections might be a candidate in a federal election?

47%: Yes
42%: No
11%: Don't know

Analysis from Senator Cris: "As of the question about tie in presidential elections, the current system (runoff in case of tie) remains ahead, but at the same time 69% of voters, more than 2/3, want another system instead of the current one and this is a good point of reflection.
As of the role of the SoFE during federal elections, we can find a close results, with a plurality of voters saying that's ok having the SoFE running at the same time for office in federal elections."
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »

I have decided to not run for re-election.
I'll be busy in real life and I think it's time for someone else to take my spot. I endorse my friend Wulfric and I'm sure he'll make a great Senator for the people of Fremont.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies