Announcing A New Endeavor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:58:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Announcing A New Endeavor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Announcing A New Endeavor  (Read 229 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »

....and it's not the Space Shuttle, LOL.

Please excuse me if I've put this in the wrong place; I couldn't find anywhere else for it.  Anyways, I am quite giddy tonight....as a few of you might know, I enjoy online DJing, and hosting various types of radio shows.  My internet radio station, "Radio Free Connecticut" is dedicated to such pursuits.  Now, the big news....in the past couple of months, I have been exploring the possibility of getting on the air with my own low-powered radio station (which is a Part 15 station, and FCC approved).  I am happy to announce that this project is going to become a reality.  "Radio Free Connecticut" will probably take to the local airwaves (around the city line area where I live) sometime this weekend.  I have ordered the AM transmitter I need; it will most likely arrive during the next two business days.  As such....look out people, because 1650 AM is coming....and to quote WWE's Chris Jericho, local radio will "never, ever, ever, EEEEEVEER...be the same...A-GAIN"!! Cheesy

Check out the station when I'm on, like right now.  We'll be streaming until about 8:04 PM eastern tonight.  us1.internet-radio.com:8006/ or control.internet-radio.com:2199/start/fairbol
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:42:08 PM »

Had a small setback in regards to plans for my Part 15 AM radio station...apparently, the company that I chose to provide my transmitter says that the product isn't available right now. I am attempting to find another source for the transmitter, and I think I have. As shipping time will be about two business days, my target date for the first broadcast is now August 23rd or 24th....if anybody's interested.  Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »

Do we really need another Caden Cowger?
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »

Had a small setback in regards to plans for my Part 15 AM radio station...apparently, the company that I chose to provide my transmitter says that the product isn't available right now. I am attempting to find another source for the transmitter, and I think I have. As shipping time will be about two business days, my target date for the first broadcast is now August 23rd or 24th....if anybody's interested.  Smiley

Had another setback here....need to wait on a refund from that first transmitter company, which could come this week.  It'll be another couple of weeks before I'm up and running, though.  Oh well.  Will keep you posted.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies