The era of 'The Bit*h' is coming (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The era of 'The Bit*h' is coming (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The era of 'The Bit*h' is coming  (Read 1735 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: August 19, 2016, 08:11:57 AM »

I hate that word and as a female I would never be a part of any movement or organization that embraces it for any reason.

Very demeaning, IMO.

It's only demeaning because culture has made it so. If we reclaim it as our own, it can't be used over us. It's on par with not caring when the bully tries to make fun of you. "Ha ha, you're a neeeeerd." "Yeah, I am! So what?" Same thing, just a lot more cultural baggage.

I hate the word myself, but if Hillary does win, I agree that we will need to reclaim it to stop giving it power. There's nothing wrong with being female, and the proper name for a female of the Canis familiaris shouldn't be an insult just because it's the name for the female.

Back on topic: I agree with the author in that there will be a lot of people trying to blame everything on the fact that she's a woman. I hope we don't see it, but judging by what I've seen just during this campaign season, I'm pretty sure it's going to get a lot worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies